I Lied

Apartment 412

 

Jonghyun: Are you eating well?

Yuna: Yeh

Jonghyun: Tell me if you need me

Yuna: Yeh

Jonghyun threw his phone onto his bed and smiled to himself. There was something about Yuna that made him feel like he needed to protect her. At first, he thought she was strong-hearted and independent. But in fact, she really was fragile and delicate. In the past week that she had left without saying goodbye, he thought he was going crazy looking for her. He was so worried about her till he couldn’t even think about the mess in his life involving Jun Hee and Yonghwa.

Jonghyun strummed his guitar as he tried composing again. He had been having lots of thoughts these past days. There was tension between him and s at work ever since Yonghwa and Jun Hee broke up. So he tried to reach work as late as possible and left the club as early as possible.

The matter between Jun Hee, Yonghwa and him was much more complicated than he had thought. Because Yonghwa still blamed Jonghyun for the break-up, band practice was always affected. Their standards for live performances dropped and Jungshin was always complaining of all the complaints he had received from the customers. Hyejeong, being the only one behind the tables yet again after Yuna suddenly quit, was stressed out of her mind which led to MInhyuk putting the blame on Jonghyun.

Jonghyun had been trying to talk things out with Jun Hee, to understand her more. He was finally able to tell himself that he had no more feelings towards Jun Hee, and that right now, she was just a close friend that he felt the need to care for. But weirdly, she had been trying to avoid him. She was always making up excuses that she was busy with her schedules and that she now had to prepare for her debut in Korea. Just as he thought about her, the phone rang.

“Yeoboseyeo?”

“Oppa,” Jun Hee’s voice was heard. He could sense she was nervous. “Can I meet you today? I think I can talk to you now. I’m at the bread shop.”

“Orh,” was all Jonghyun replied.

Jonghyun headed to the bread shop immediately. It was the place he had always gone to when he had first moved here. Having had no money, he had found comfort just by sitting in the shop. He found her sitting in his usual seat, looking tired and weary.

“Annyeong,” he greeted her first.

She jumped at his sudden appearance. Clearly she had been thinking of something hard. Jonghyun saw her clutching her hands tight, and knew that she was about to say something very difficult.

“Gwenchana?” he asked, ever so worried of her.

She stared deeply into his eyes, got teary and lowered her head. She shook her head, wiping her tears away. Jonghyun continued watching her silently, letting her take her time.

“I lied,” she finally looked up. “I lied about liking you.”

A/N:

Short chapter this time round. Just wanna say that I'm grateful for all the comments on the story so far! ^^
I had/ am having some doubts about where this story is going so thank you for taking the time to comment on it:)