Hyung

Apartment 412

 

Jonghyun walked back and forth his room, tapping his phone on his chin as he contemplated on his recent idea. He had been thinking about for a few days now. He sighed and dialed the number, waiting patiently for the other end to answer.

“Yeoboseyeo?” a sultry voice answered.

“Noona, it’s me Jonghyun,” he said. “I need your help.”

**

Jonghyun knocked on the door and waited with his hands in his pockets. Asking his sister for help was easy; the hard part had been to convince the house owner here. The door opened to reveal Yonghwa in a black T-shirt. He stepped out and locked the door, not uttering a word to him.

“Are you ready?” Jonghyun asked.

He nodded. “I’m only doing this for Yuna. This doesn’t change the fact that you betrayed me for Jun Hee.”

“Hyung, about that-“

Yonghwa ignored him and went inside the car. Jonghyun sighed. He would need to discuss about that matter during the car ride then.

“Hyung, you know that there is nothing between Jun Hee and I right?”

He continued ignoring him and intentionally looked out the window. Jonghyun watched him from the rear-view mirror. He sighed once again. There’s only one way to get his attention then.

“Hyung, I’m dating Yuna now,” he blurted out.

As expected, Yonghwa swerved his head back to look at Jonghyun wide-eyed.

“Mwoh?” he exclaimed.

“We’ve been going out for a few days now. That’s why helping her now is really important to me.”

“Are you kidding me now?”

“Hyung, you know me the best. Will I ever help a girl if she’s just a neighbor?”

Yonghwa hesitated. “Well..”

“Hyung!”

“What? You helped Jun Hee a lot of times!”

“Ah, that,” Jonghyun bit his lips. “I’m only telling this to you because I am very sure now that I will not interfere between you and her ever again.”

“What?”

“I did like her for some time,” he confessed. Before Yonghwa could be angry with him again, he quickly added, “In my defense, I did meet her first and I had confessed to her before you guys were even a couple!”

“What!” he sat up straight on his seat. “And you’re telling this just today?”

“Well, yeah,” Jonghyun shrugged. “There was no reason for me to tell you since you’re already dating her, was there? I know my boundaries Hyung.”

“And did you liked her even while we’re dating?” he eyed him.

“Aniyo,” he lied. “I put my feelings aside for your happiness.”

“Aigoo, Jonghyun-ah, I’ve known you for 10 years. I know when you’re lying to me.”

“So are you still angry with me? We can’t be fighting when we meet Ahbeoji later on.”

“Yeh, I’m not,” Yonghwa smiled, patting him on the shoulder. “You’re still my best friend.”

Jonghyun smiled and drove in silence for a while.

“Hyung, then will you mend things out with Jun Hee? Talk to her again. She’s having lots of troubles right now and I think you’re still the only one to help her out with it.”

“Did she talk to you about it?”

“Once. She told me the whole story but I told her to tell you herself. I’m not going to be the third wheel here,” he said, stopping the car as they reached a huge house.

“Araso, I’ll talk to her,” he sighed.

He held out his hand and they did their handshake. They broke out in laughter as they mended their friendship.

“Are you ready to meet Ahbeoji again?” Jonghyun asked.

With a firm nod, they entered the house that they had left 3 years ago.