What are you hiding?

Request

 

Sheila’s POV

I felt the sunshine on my face, so I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head to block it out. I didn’t want to get up due to the fact Brooke wouldn’t let me go to sleep until we sent them our video. She even had us tape ourselves saying hello and attempting our not to good Korean.

I laid there for what felt like forever before I finally got up. I saw that Brooke was still fast asleep and decided to go ahead and get ready for the long day ahead of us.

 

As I was blow drying my hair I thought I had heard a knock on the door, “Who is it?” I asked over my loud music. I didn’t get an answer so I kept doing what I was doing. When I heard the knocking again, I asked again and again got no reply. By the fifth knock I turned off the blow dryer and opened the door, “What!?” I asked a sleepy looking Brooke.

She pushed me out of the bathroom and slammed the door behind me, “OMG! I have to go pee!” I heard her yell.

I rolled my eyes, “T.M.I. Brooke, T.M.I.”

When she was done she opened the door and said that it was her turn in the bathroom and shut the door in my face. “Can I at least get my things? I need to finish getting ready.” I said impatiently.

“Here.” She said handing me the straightener, make up, and the blow dryer. She quickly shut the door in my face again and changed the song to Tonight by Big Bang.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and went back to my room to get ready.

 

Brooke grabbed my arm, “Sheila, I’m done. We’ve been out here shopping from store to store since noon. It’s seven o’clock and I need a break.”

I thought for a second, “Ok, we can have dinner at a café around the corner. But I want to hit the book store before it closes. You ok with sandwiches?” I asked still walking.

“Yea sandwiches are alright.” She said jogging to keep up with me.

 

“A turkey on wheat, and a veggie on rye.” The waitress said with a smile, “Is there anything else I can get you two?”

I smiled back at her, “No thanks, everything looks good.” I began to eat as she walked away. “Brooke? I thought you were hungry.” I said as I realized she wasn’t eating. She was looking at her sandwich but not saying a word. “You OK?”

“Shhhh….” She said, “I’m trying to hear them.”

I looked around and saw that the place was empty except for a table not to far away with six guys crowded around it. “Hear who? Them?” I asked indicating to the guys. She nodded.

I began to listen too. They were speaking in broken English, “How’s the weather today?” one asked. Another replied, “Fine.” Then the first one asked him, “And you?” the second guy replied by asking, “Why?”

Brooke and I started laughing and had to cover our mouths to muffle it.

The first one piped back in, “And you?” to which the second one seemed to realize what he was asking, “Fine thank you.”

Brooke smiled, “I love when people try to speak English, it’s adorable when they say something wrong.” She said taking a bite of her sandwich.

I smiled back, “It is cute”

When we were done eating we ran across the street to a little book store that had every kind of book you’d ever need. “Closing in 10.” The man behind the counter said as we walked in.

“We’ll only be a second.” I said smiling, dragging Brooke behind me to the language section. “I need kids book.” I said as I began to skim the shelves for the Korean section. “Aha, here we are.” I said as I began to pull out a few toddler and kindergarten level books. “What do you want to look at?” I asked turning to find that I was talking to no one.

I rounded the corner to find Brooke under the stairs looking at their little kids books in Japanese. I smiled, “Find anything useful?”

“Yesss. She said skipping up to me with three books hugged to her chest.”

“Ready to go?”

“Yes, definitely.” She replied.

 

We returned home late and decided to go straight to bed. Just as I had laid my head down, my phone went off. I didn’t recognize the number so I sent it to voicemail. Not long later the same number called back and again I sent it to voicemail. On the fourth or fifth time they called I answered and was hateful, “What do you want?” I asked angrily.

The other end was silent, “Hello?” I asked, “You there? Why do you keep calling me?” And there was still silence, “I’m hanging up now.” I said but before I could hang up I heard someone speak. I put the phone back up to my ear, “Yes?”

“I didn’t think you’d be so mean.” he stated.

“Excuse me?” I asked, “Who do you think you are? Calling me repeatedly like that.”

I heard him laugh and I thought he sounded familiar. “OK, that’s fair.”

I then heard him grunt then a different guy spoke, “Sorry about him.”

“It's ok. Now who is this?!?” I asked into the receiver.

“You don’t recognize my voice?” the first guy laughed, “It’s Ji Yong.”

Daesung’s POV

“Hey where’s GD?” TOP asked aimlessly as he bit into a chip.

“I haven’t seen him in awhile.” Taeyang said without letting his eyes leave the TV screen.

I looked over at them, “Guess that means I’ve got to go find him?” They both nodded without stopping what they were doing. “Fine,” I sighed and left the room. “Guess I should start by looking downstairs then.” I thought aloud.

I went downstairs and stopped outside the door, ‘Why are they laughing so much?’ I thought as I slowly opened up the door. Their house was dark but I could hear them in the living room. I quietly closed the door behind me and crept down the hall.

“Ok, I wont tell him.” GD was saying into the receiver, “Good night girls.”

I peaked into the room and saw SeungRi grab the phone, “Bye bye~” He said smiling, “Nice to talk to you two.” He waited a moment for a reply then hung up.

“So, who was that?” I asked leaning on the door frame. SeungRi jumped and dropped the phone to the floor, “Daesung Hyung!”

GD just looked over at me casually, “We had to find you a date so we could go out on Saturday, sorry it was a last minute decision.”

“A date?” I asked with one eyebrow raised, “You guys always leave me here by myself.”

“True, very true.” GD said looking out the window. “Anyways, I’m tired and need to go to bed.” He said as he got up and went to his room.

“Uhhhh, me too. I need LOTS of sleep!” SeungRi said looking uncomfortable.

I grabbed his shoulder as he walked passed me, “What are you two hiding?” I asked.

“Hiding?! We’re not hiding anything!” He said and ran to his room locking the door behind him.

‘What is up with those two?’ I wondered as I walked back upstairs and into my dimly lit room.

“Was he down there?” I heard TOP ask from down the hall.

“Yea” I answered deep in thought before closing the door. I laid down on my bed and pondered different ideas on what they could be hiding. But I came up short, “Hmmm,” I thought aloud, “It’s 2pm. That would make it midnight for Sheila.” I smiled to myself, “Hope you sleep well.” I sighed and got up to get a snack.