Fairytale

Stay Girls

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Sooyoung ommoni!" I gave a huge smile to Sooyoung's mother as soon as she opened the door of their house for us.

"Ah! Jessica! You're here again!" She smiled back.

"Aigoo omma! You sound like you're getting irritated because she's almost here five times a week or something." Sooyoung interrupted.

"Of course not! Haha, come in come in." 

Sooyoung's dad was away again for a business trip while her sister, Soojin, has a rehearsal. 

"You're alone today, Sooyoung-ommoni?" I asked.

"Aigoo, Sooyoung ommoni? Just call me eonni." She laughed. "Yes, all those people are so busy."

"AIsh! Just call her omma. Eonni is disgusting." Sooyoung said. Sooyoung's mom laughed. 

"You really! If you're a son, that would be better."

"Ishhh, then ask appa if you could make a new one! And make sure it's a son!" Sooyoung joked. 

I flinched about the making a new one thing. "Of course, because I'm a masterpiece whom my beautiful parents has created."

"Do you think that would still work?" Sooyoung's mom said. 

"Aish, right. If Sooyoung is only a son, nae? Eonni? But calling you eonni feels disrespectful." I interrupted.

"That's why I'm telling you to call her omma!" Sooyoung said. "And stop bringing that son thing, oh?" She looked annoyed. Sooyoung's mom and I exchanged looks and laughed softly as we head our way to the dining table. 

"I thought your Soojin eonni will stay a little longer so I cooked so many food. She even left her lunch." 

"We can eat them all, right?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Do you think I still have the choice?" Sooyoung's mom asked. 

"Aish, you can just tell us 'sure' or 'yes, you may'" Sooyoung said. 

I chuckled. "Sooyoung-ah, stop emphasizing your nickname Shikshin, oh? We might get embarassed in other houses because of you." 

"Ya, we need food in order to live." 

"But too much food is dangerous." I argued.

"Ahhhhhhh. Then too much melons is dangerous, too!" She said while looking at my...

"HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" Sooyoung's mom busted out into laughter. "Ya, Choi Sooyoung *laughs*"

"Ish." Sooyoung said, annoyed. 

"Aigoo! How can you say things like that infront of your mom?!" I said, a bit embarrassed. 

Her mom continued laughing while I just stared at her like hell, gosh what did she just say. 

"Aish, forget it. Just eat."

"Joesonghamnida, eomma. I can't eat with her." I pouted as I talked to Sooyoung's mom.

"Aish, I understand. Let's just eat outside. Hahaha." 

"Ya, ommaaa! What am I to you, oh? You don't even treat me outside and now my friend is having a special treatment from you? Aish. I lost my appetite already."

It felt good as Sooyoung's mom treated me that way. We all went outside and ate some European foods and had fun. My mom left Seoul last year so I really miss her. Seeing Sooyoung's mom reminds me of her but not to make me sad but to make me think of happy thoughts. And actually, Sooyoung herself is like my mom. She can tell me things directly in the front of others, sometimes to embarrass me or make fun of me, but most of the time, to prove others I'm not just a stupid, arrogant someone. And also, Sooyoung doesn't fake anything. She maybe stupid, acts like a child, and a dork sometimes, but she's pure. I should be the one to protect her, but she acts like a hero to me everytime. I want to keep someone like her forever.