Five Years Later . . .

Oh My Boyfriend! Sequel to Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Kasumi stepped out from the bathroom after her refreshing bath, the steam flowing out with her, and quickly got dressed into a simple tee and a pair of denim jeans. She checked the time; she was going to be late if she didn’t hurry. She grabbed her slingbag and slung it over her shoulder before walking out of the door and down the stairs of the penthouse she had been living in since forever.

As she descended down the stairs, she heard sizzling sounds of something being cooked from the kitcen and the aroma of ramen could be smelled from where she stood. Curious, she changed her direction toward the elevator to the kitchen and found him behind the stove. A grin appeared on her face and she skipped over to him before back-hugging him. Well, this was certainly a surprise.

“I didn’t know you were back,” she said to him.

Changmin turned around and smiled when he saw her. “Yeah, my boss gave me the evening off,” he replied. “I know you’re going out so I decided to make dinner for myself. Please take care of yourself, okay?”

“Yeah, sure; I won’t be long,” she promised before she tiptoed to kiss him softly on the cheek. “Annyeong, Oppa.”

“All right, bye. I love you,” he said as she exited out to the elevator.

 

Kasumi parked her car right outside the familiar, faded-grey building. She got out of the car and walked up to the building. The guard, who stood by the entrance, recognized her and he opened the doors for her. She bowed her head in thanks and stepped through the doors, the coldness of the air-conditioning in the room hitting her almost instantly.

She walked past the counter and allowed herself to stroll down the hall with many doors until she finally came to a stop outside one. She paused for a moment to peer inside the room through the glass wall, where she saw a man dressed in an orange jumpsuit, waiting for her on a chair, his fists clasped together on the table in front of him. Kasumi smiled softly before turning the doorknob to enter.

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” she greeted politely as the man looked up to her. She smiled rather pleasantly before sitting across from him. She held up a basket. “I brought some fruits. Happy birthday, Abeonim.”

The man looked warily at her. “I don’t understand why you visit me every year on my birthday,” he said slowly.

She just shrugged. “Why not? Jiho oppa may have had disowned you in person, but you are still his father as it is still stated so in his birth certificate.”

Zeus took a sharp intake of breath. “B – But he and my wife are d – dead . . .” he trailed off into a painful silence. It was hard for him to remember the day when he found out what his ‘friend’ had done to his family.

“Does it matter? I married your son, which makes you my father-in-law,” she replied simply. “We are family.”

Family.

How long ago was it since Zeus felt like he had one? He paused, looked at Kasumi who dared to look back into the eyes of her mother’s murderer. “I . . . heard you gave birth to his son,” he spoke up softly after a moment. When she nodded, he hesitated. “Do you think that . . . maybe . . . you could bring him here one day?”

“You want to meet him?”

He nodded fearfully, wondering if she would say yes.

Kasumi regarded him for a bit. He looked so different from when she first saw him when she was a little girl. He no longer looked scary and dangerous; just lonely and somewhat sad. “Of course, he’s your grandson, after all.”

He breathed a sigh of relief but then he frowned. “I brought so much pain into your life . . .” he murmured softly, not believing she was forgiving him so easily after everything that he had done to her.

Kasumi just shrugged because she really didn’t know what to say. She can’t say she didn’t blame him because some part of her would always blame him but what was the use to that now? Blaming him wouldn’t bring them back.

“I . . . also heard that you’ve remarried a year ago.”

Kasumi bowed her head. “That doesn’t make me love your son any less,” was all she said. “But yes, I did remarry last year. It was unexpected, to say the least.”

“I hope he treats you well like how my son would.”

Kasumi cracked a smile. “Well, he definitely treats me right, but the way your son loved me and the way my husband love me are diferrent. But thank you.”

Zeus wanted to ask so much more questions but just then a guard opened the door, interrupting their privacy. “Time is up,” he told them.

The two of them stood up and Zeus turned to her. “Thank you for visiting me,” he said. “I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have anyone besides the people h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter