Why Are We Whispering?

Oh My Boyfriend! Sequel to Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zico’s POV

Everyone else stared at U-Kwon incredulously and based on the looks he was getting, he could see that Block-B was judging him. He had got to be kidding. He wasn’t even a tutor; he’s dumb!

“You’re my tutor?” Kasumi asked him.

“You’re a tutor?” everyone else in Block-B spluttered in disbelief.

“You , hyung,” I made a face. I turned to Kasumi. “I’m your tutor.”

U-Kwon shrugged. “I had to say something before she leaves since you weren’t doing anything.” He glared at me.

Taeil laughed and whacked my back. “Wow! I didn’t know you were a tutor! I guess our boy is growing up!” he declared. He turned to Jaehyo. “You should be glad that your last year of tutoring finally paid off.”

Jaehyo only smirked, puffing his chest out. He was dead proud, all right.

Kyung looked at Kasumi and smiled. “I wished that my tutee was as pretty as you,” he said sweetly, making her blush.

P.O grinned. “I just hope hyung doesn’t make you fail your subjects because he really did at schoolwork before,” he sniggered and B-Bomb just smirked.

I sighed. I love my friends. Not.

Victoria suspiciously glared at me. “What did you do to get the teachers to make Kasumi your tutor?” she asked.

I frowned. “Honestly? I didn’t even know that the girl I asked to dance with me was the same girl I am tutoring.” I could tell she didn’t believe me. “If you still don’t believe me, you’re welcomed to check the bulletin board.”

“Why did you ask her to dance with you?” Luna wanted to know.

“What’s this, Twenty Question?” U-Kwon muttered, annoyed, and I have to admit that I couldn’t agree more.

“Because she was alone and she looked so beautiful in that dress” — Kasumi blushed deeply — “and how was I supposed to know that she already taken?” I asked, frowning at the f(x) girls. They were being so unfair.

“Wouldn’t you know if a kingka of the school gets a girlfriend?” Sulli wanted to know. “I mean, everyone would be talking about it.”

Kyung shrugged. “We don’t listen to gossips and news in school,” he replied.

Amber let out a dry laugh. “Right, because you would be listening to news about where the latest drug is being bought. How silly of us to forget that,” she mocked us.

“Like you’re any better,” I retorted angrily. I could feel anger rising in me. “You are in a gang too, Amber Liu, and for the record, you’re not just in any high-school gang. You literally dropped out of school to join a gang that could possibly do a lot more illegal stuff than what we are doing.”

“I’m in a gang outside of school, so your school gang can’t compare,” she snapped back.

“You should be in jail.”

Kasumi whispered something into Victoria’s ears as Amber came back with something to snap at us, “And you should —”

Victoria straightened up. “Amber Josephine Liu, that’s enough,” she said sharply.

Amber looked stunned to have been called back by her leader. “But . . . unnie . . .” she faltered, glaring at me.

“Let Kasumi talk with her tutor for a while,” Victoria went on and suddenly I didn’t hate her as much as I did before. “Then she will come home with us.”

Amber narrowed her eyes at me but she nodded. She turned to Kasumi and her expression softened. “Be careful,” she warned her. “Remember what I said just now,” she added before she followed the other four to the car park where they would be waiting for Kasumi while she talked to me.

I faced Kasumi who gave me a timid smile. I chuckled to myself. She looked scared to come closer to me. I turned and motioned for my friends to leave us alone so it wouldn’t look that intimidating anymore.

“So . . .” I said awkwardly.

“Um . . .” she replied a little nervously. Her voice wavered a bit.

I smirked. Cute.

“I’m sorry for the way Amber unnie behaved just now,” she apologized. “I can’t say she’s not normally like this. She is. But that’s just her, trying to look out for the people she cares about. It’s just that sometimes tended to fly off.”

I gave her a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about it. I’m used to her and her antics before she dropped out of school.” I shrugged. I looked at her. “So, how do you want to do this?” I asked her.

“Well, er, Woohyun Oppa and I used to do it every Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays,” she spoke up, “but this year I think I am only free on Tuesdays and Thursday.” She looked at me. “Would that be okay?”

“When do you do it on those days?” I wanted to know. I didn’t mind following her old schedule since this was actually my first time tutoring.

“We usually do it after school.”

I nodded, thinking. I subconsciously ran a thumb over my bottom lip. Then I nodded again and turned back to her. “I guess that should be fine,” I told her. “I’m not doing any drug dealing on those days.”

She raised an eyebrow.

“That was a joke.”

“A very bad one.”

I chuckled again, shaking my head in amusement. “Where do you want to do it?”

“Erm . . . can we have the tutoring at your place?”

It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

“Do you and your boyfriend have your tutoring lessons at his house?” I asked.

She blushed. “We don’t do anything inappropriate,” she replied, flustered.

I laughed. “Calm down, I’m just kidding. All right?” I thought about it. “I guess we could do it at my place if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t.”

I beamed at her. “Cools. Then I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” I told her. “I mean, tomorrow is Tuesday and I would really like to start the lessons so we don’t waste time, if that’s all right with you.”

She nodded. “Okay.” She smiled softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow . . . sunbae.” Kasumi turned to walk toward the car park where her friends were still waiting for her. But then she turned and gave a little wave.

I chuckled. Damn cute, I thought. Too bad she’s taken. If she was single, I would have tried to get her to be my girl. I’m not those kinds of guys who would take a taken girl away. I really hate people like that.

Like a certain Kim Seohyun.

I watched as Victoria drove away. I could see the back of Kasumi’s head. I smiled. Maybe this year wouldn’t be such a bad year after all.

 

Kasumi’s POV

Victoria dropped me off at the ddukbokki stall, where Infinite were waiting for me. When I went up to them, they gave me a grin. I glanced over at Woohyun and gave my boyfriend a withering look. “You told them.”

“He sure did,” Myungsoo laughed lightly. “Your ddukbokki is delicious.”

Woohyun just laughed and patted on the empty seat next to him. I sat down next to him and reached over to give him a kiss on the lips. He placed an arm around my waist, pulling me close, as he kissed back.

Ahjummah came back with plates of freshly-made ddukbokki. She turned to me and winked. “So, Kasumi,” she spoke up casually, “did you know that the DBSK boys were here before these seven young men came?”

Woohyun burst out into laughter while I groaned. The others just glanced at each other, lost and confused.

“Those boys,” I muttered darkly under my breath. “Seriously, they might as well expose it to the media, telling everyone.” I shook my head in dismay.

“You mean, you guys all know Ahjummah here?” Dongw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter