Everything's Changing

Oh My Boyfriend! Sequel to Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s POV

Today was the day Kasumi finally moved in with me!

We decided not to tell the others about her yet. We wanted it to be a surprise. Woohyun was in on the secret, of course. Whenever we had the chance, after school when Woohyun and Kasumi weren’t busy with tutoring, we would head over to the orphanage to help Kasumi pack all her stuff. Finally they were packed and the papers were finally signed.

She was now officially my little sister.

My parents and I went to pick her up from the orphanage on Saturday. All the little kids cried at the fact that she was leaving but slightly cheered up when Kasumi promised them she would still come back to pay them a visit. I smiled, thinking of how caring and loving Kasumi was being, like a mother to them.

As we sat in the car, I noticed Kasumi had a faraway look deep in her eyes as she gazed out of the window. I reached over to touch her cheek softly and she turned to give me a small smile. She closed her eyes and Kasumi leaned her head over to my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. I tilted my head a bit and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

The ride back to my house was quiet but comfortable. Although none of us said anything, I knew she was happy right now because I was, too. And judging from the looks and secret smiles my parents were giving each other, they were too.

Finally we reached my house and Kasumi took a look at her new home. It wasn’t as if she had never seen my house before because she had, she had been to my house before, but she was now looking at it from a new perspective — this wasn’t just Myungsoo Oppa’s house anymore, it was her house too.

I helped bring her stuff up to the room. She was going to take the old guest room. We actually left all the things the room had before — cupboard, a queen-size bed, bathroom, and its white walls. We just added a book shelf and a desk to it. We also cleared a wall for Kasumi to paint on if she felt like painting again.

When Appa explained to her why that side of the room was bare, she squealed and hugged both my parents happily and profusely before she hugged me too. We just told her that she was now a part of our family and we hoped she would feel like she belonged with us as if she had always had.

Woohyun came not too long after her arrival and the three of us set her room up, helping her to unpack all her things. We had fun as we went through her stuff again, teasing her when we found an album filled with her baby pictures (Changmin had apparently slipped it in one of the boxes and left a hint for Woohyun to find it) and then we found a letter that was all about Kris’ embarrassing confession of how the manly, mucho man was actually going to miss her and teasing her and such.

We managed to sort everything out within three hours and Woohyun stayed for dinner since it was already so late.

After dinner, the three of us were lazing around the couch when the doorbell rang.

“Who’s that?” Kasumi asked as we heard my mom answering it.

“Hi guys!”

We looked up to see Sung Jong, Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sunggyu coming inside the living room with cheery smiles. Next to Kasumi, Woohyun coughed.

I turned to look at him and he mouthed, “They don’t know about it so I thought I’d call them over for a surprise.”

Kasumi was glaring Woohyun and it was so funny because he gave her a pained expression and profusely mouthed, “I’m sorry!” to her over and over again.

“Hyung, why are you mouth the words ‘I’m sorry’ to Kasumi over and over again?” Sung Jong wanted to know as he sat down on a couch. Sungyeol and Hoya joined him while Sunggyu sat on the arm rest.

“Nothing,” Woohyun quickly replied.

“So, what are we doing?” Sunggyu wanted to know. He looked at Woohyun. “Why did you call us over?” He glanced at the foam cups on the coffee table and a half-empty bottle of Coke. “What were you guys celebrating?”

Woohyun looked pointedly at me while Kasumi nudged me on the sides so I knew the two of them were leaving the news of my family adopting Kasumi entirely up to me. I shook my head at the burden.

Kasumi just laughed and kissed my cheeks, which automatically brightened my mood. “Well, I’ve got great news,” I told the others.

“You’ve found the perfect little sister,” Sung Jong assumed.

“Well, finally,” Hoya spoke up. “I mean, besides Kasumi, that is.”

I laughed at the irony. “Yes, I’ve finally found the perfect little sister. She was always there for me.” I kissed Kasumi’s forehead.

Sung Jong rolled his eyes. “I’m your ‘little’ brother and you don’t show that much of affection to me than you do with her,” he complained.

Sungyeol whacked his head. “Are you gay?”

“No, just deprived of love,” the maknae sniffed.

Everyone ignored him and turned to me. Kasumi shifted her seat next to me and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders while she leaned her head on mine.

“So, when do we get to meet her?” Hoya asked me curiously. “When will she be coming to live with you guys?”

I laughed. “You’ve already met her,” I said.

Sungyeol’s eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. “We have?”

Dongwoo’s eyes went wide and he gasped really loudly. He pointed at Kasumi. “Kasumi is your sister?” he spoke up and grinned broadly.

Sunggyu snorted. “Of course she is,” he replied sarcastically. “They’re always acting as if they’re really siblings.” He shook his head. “Honestly, Dongwoo, sometimes I can’t tell whether you’re a fool or a genius.” He glanced over at me and then over at Kasumi and saw how close the two of us were sitting. His eyes popped out and he slapped his forehead. “Oh my goodness, you are a genius!”

Dongwoo only laughed that silly little laugh of his and clutched his stomach. “I know right,” he smiled.

Sung Jong looked over at Kasumi and frowned at her. “Is it true? Did hyung and his family really adopt you?” he wanted to know.

Kasumi’s eyes flittered into confusion. “Wait . . . you guys . . . didn’t even know that I lived in an orphanage . . .?” She sounded uncertain and she turned to Woohyun who was squirming in his seat. Realization flooded into her face and she sighed. “Right. You all curious cats went together and found out.”

I frowned. “Wait, then how come I didn’t know about this?” I wanted to know. I gasped. “Am I . . . the last . . . to have found out about it?”

Kasumi shrugged. “Apparently so,” she replied.

“Look, Kasumi-yah,” Sunggyu spoke up, “the reason why we didn’t tell you that we knew you lived in an orphanage was  . . . well . . . you know.”

She nodded. “I know,” she said softly. “I just don’t know whether to think that you guys just don’t trust me enough to tell you at my own time . . . or to feel relieved because then I don’t have to hide anything else from you guys anymore.” Kasumi actually sounded sad and for once, I was glad I wasn’t part of the reason why.

“Kasumi . . . I . . .” Woohyun faltered, not sure of what to say. He looked at the others for help but they didn’t know what to say either.

I was pouting. “I can’t believe you guys didn’t tell me, or that you guys went to find out where she lived without me,” I complained.

Sungyeol shrugged.

“Where was I, anyway?” I demanded to know.

“I don’t know, you went to the library or something for some research,” Hoya dismissively replied, shrugging.

I pouted while Kasumi glanced over to Woohyun who was looking back at her worriedly. Then she smiled softly at everyone. “It’s fine, I guess,” she said. “I should be glad that the feeling of wondering how to tell you about it is gone.”

Everyone smiled and breathed a sigh of relief, relaxed. Woohyun kissed her on the forehead softly. They all stayed and chat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter