A Letter Within the Photos

Oh My Boyfriend! Sequel to Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No One’s POV

The exams came and Kasumi and Sung Jong were thankful that their tutoring had paid off, especially Kasumi. She had gotten closer to Block-B and so had f(x). She was grateful that they made her laugh. They didn’t talk to her about it but they certainly did what they could to cheer her up. The whole week was filled with exams for the year seven students, with their tutors drilling them in for last-minute prepping in between exams.

So when it was the last day of exams, everyone were feeling all better that they only have one day left before the final hurdle could be put behind them.

One the last day, Kasumi had her head in her English textbook with Myungsoo whistling in front of her. Suddenly Myungsoo stopped walking and Kasumi, not knowing, bumped into him. She looked up the same time he glanced over his shoulders, smiling at her. She smiled back.

She glanced around her and realized that they were in front of the school gates, where the other members of Infinite were there — including Woohyun. She gulped when she saw him and quickly casted her head down to her book. It still hurt a lot to look at him, let alone be anywhere around him. But then she remembered something. She held her textbook to her brother. “Can you hold this for me?” she asked. “I need to get something out.”

“What is it?” Sungyeol asked eagerly. “Is it a present?”

Kasumi just smiled as her hands reached into the side pocket of her bag and took out something long and silvery. Then she handed it over to Woohyun, letting it dangle. “Here,” she said to him for the first time ever since she said to break up. Her heart was beating painfully but she needed to do this. “I’ve been meaning to give it to you for a long time and I didn’t think it’d be very nice of me if I gave it to my brother to give it to you. You can give it to Seohyun-sshi now.”

Woohyun stared at the Infinite necklace he had given her a long time ago that was now hanging down from her fingers. He didn’t know why but he caught his breath when he saw it — saw that Kasumi was returning a gift he gave her a long time ago. Realizing she was waiting, and that everyone else had somber faces, he quickly took it from her. Their fingers brushed against each other by accident and he felt as if there was an electricity current flowing through his body starting from where they touched.

Kasumi flinched slightly at the touch but kept quiet. She dropped her hands to her sides once he had taken it from her.

“Thanks,” Woohyun said stiffly. He tried to catch her eyes but she refused to look at him. His heart sank.

Kasumi turned to go but then someone said, “Good luck.”

Kasumi looked back up to see Sunggyu smiling kindly at her. She felt terrible. He had no more reasons to be nice to her and yet he still was.

Smiling timidly back at him, she nodded. “Neh. Thank you, Oppa.”

Just then Block-B came to view and she waved at them. When they approached, they did not stop but continued walking, and Kasumi followed them. Infinite frowned as the members saw Kyung patting her back while B-Bomb ruffled her hair softly. They used to do that with her but now . . . they weren’t sure what they were to her anymore.

Dongwoo wasn’t happy. Botan still came to walk Kasumi to school, but wouldn’t go near his favorite dinosaur and that really broke Dongwoo’s heart. “I noticed she’s been hanging out with them a lot lately, even when she doesn’t have tutoring with Zico.”

Sunggyu wasn’t happy either. “What if she starts doing what they do?” he wondered aloud worriedly. “They smoke and drink, you know.”

Myungsoo shook his head. “I haven’t seen any changes in her yet,” he said. “I just hope she doesn’t. I love her the way she is.”

Woohyun felt really bad and uncomfortable talking about Kasumi. It was his fault that she stopped hanging around with them and she had still been nice to him even after what he had done to her. Luckily he saw Seohyun and quickly made an excuse to get out of talking about his ex-girlfriend. “I’ll see you guys later,” he said before he hastily scurried off to where Seohyun was standing with her friends.

“I still prefer Kasumi with Woohyun,” Sungyeol spoke up once Woohyun was with his new girlfriend.

“I thought they would’ve broken up by now,” Hoya muttered and everyone actually agreed with him.

They didn’t think they would last this long.

 

Kasumi’s POV

The moment the last bell rang, signaling for the end of school on the dreaded Thursday, I breathed a sigh of relief. Exams were finally over. I gathered my stuff and began to walk out of the classroom when Sung Jong accidentally crossed paths with me. I looked up and blinked, a bit surprised to see him standing over me just like he was with me.

He looked at me and smiled. “Hey. Aren’t you glad that exams are finally over?” he asked, trying to make a conversation.

I laughed lightly and nodded. “Yeah, looks like all the tutoring paid off, right?” I smiled. “Kyungsoo Oppa was a good tutor to you, wasn’t he?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Oh, yes. Don’t tell Baekhyun hyung I said that, though,” he laughed.

I laughed along. “Oh, right. Baekhyun Oppa was your tutor last year. Well, technically, he was my tutor but Woohyun-sshi didn’t want you to be his tutor so you switched tutors with me,” I reminisced.

Sung Jong’s happy smile faded. “If I hadn’t switched tutors with you, hyung wouldn’t have become your tutor and you two wouldn’t have fallen in love. Then you would have your heart broken by him.”

I frowned. “And if you hadn’t switched tutors with me, I wouldn’t have met such wonderful friends like you guys,” I countered.

“You haven’t exactly showed how ‘wonderful’ we were to you these last few weeks,” he retorted, his face distorting to unhappiness. “I miss you.”

I didn’t know what to say that would make him feel better. I missed him and the other Infinite members a lot but with Woohyun there . . . it still hurt.

I know I was the one who told them to forgive each other and I had tried hanging out with them again but it hurt too much.

“Well,” Sung Jong went on, trying to drown the awkwardly silence out, “why don’t you come with us to —?”

“SUMI-YAH!” we heard P.O’s loud and boisterous voice called out and soon he ran up to me, beaming happily. He tugged on my arm excitedly. “Exams are finally over! Ohmygosh, we are finally done with tutoring and everything! Now we can relax instead of studying after school every day!”

I smiled at him and turned to Sung Jong to ask him to repeat the question he wanted to ask me — but P.O, due to his excitement, began to drag me away to Block-B. I doubt he even noticed that I was talking to Sung Jong, and I glanced over my shoulders to see a stunned Sung Jong behind us.

I gave him an apologetic look as I allowed myself to be dragged away by P.O, whose enthusiasm was hard to reproach.

 “Exams are over!” he kept saying and saying even until we had reached the others, who were waiting for us outside the building.

Everyone laughed as we began to walk out of the school’s compound. It was hard not to feel happy whenever P.O was around us. He was like Chanyeol Oppa, the happy virus in a way. He was cute, too.

“You guys are lucky that exams are over for you,” U-Kwon sighed.

Kyung nodded. “Now we have to sit for our exams once school reopens,” he complained as well. But then he looked over to the three older ones, Taeil, B-Bomb and Jaehyo. “You finished your final exams today, too, right?” He was talking about their year-end exams since they were graduating this year.

B-Bomb and Jaehyo nodded their heads simultaneously while Taeil shook his head. “I’ve got one more tomorrow,” he replied. “But after that, I’m free!”

Zico’s shoulders slumped. “Not us,” he muttered grudgingly and U-Kwon and Kyung nodded, equally unhappy.

Jaehyo, B-Bomb, P.O and I exchanged high-fives in celebration of the exams behind us while the others all sagged their shoulders as their exams approached.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

The rest of the Infinite members watched as Kasumi laughed with Block-B, high-fiving P.O, B-Bomb and Jaehyo enviously as they walked out of the school building. She was going to Zico’s house to hang out.

Sung Jong soon walked up to us with a look of disappointment on his face. He looked so glum and he sighed heavily when he came up to us.

“What’s the matter?” Hoya asked the maknae. “You should be celebrating that exams are over but instead you looked depressed.”

He shook his head sadly. “I was trying to ask Kasumi to join us for ddukbokki after school when that stupid P.O dragged her away from me,” he muttered bitterly. “Some more she allowed herself to be dragged away. And what kind of stupid name is P.O, anyway?!” It was obvious that he was very u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter