He Does Things She Doesn't Expects

Oh My Boyfriend! Sequel to Oh My Tutor!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Kasumi had just ended her conversation with Myungsoo on Skype one evening when she saw she had an incoming call — and her heart skipped a beat — which was from none other than Nam Woohyun.

She hesitated before she chose to answer it and his face came upon the screen. Kasumi smiled tentatively at him, wondering why he was calling her all of a sudden. “Hi, Woohyun-sshi,” she greeted him.

Woohyun just smiled nervously. He actually had no idea why he decided to call her. “Hey.” He glanced behind her. “Where’s Zico?”

“Bathing,” she replied. “So, what’s up?”

He took a deep breath and ran through his speech through his head before he said, “Listen, Kasumi, we never had a chance to talk after everything and I just want to tell you that I’m really sorry for —”

“It’s okay,” Kasumi cut him off quickly.

Frankly, she didn’t really want to talk about it. She had been doing her best to put it behind and she wasn’t that eager to bring it back up again so soon.

“No, it’s not,” he said quietly.

Kasumi didn’t know what to say.

Woohyun decided to continue. “I hurt you and I’m sorry. I never meant for you to find out like that, and I know nothing I say can change it.” He hesitated. “But . . . in the end . . . you’re happy now, right?”

She nodded genuinely. “Yes, I am happy.” She smiled when she thought about Zico. He really did brighten her life.

Woohyun didn’t know why it felt weird to think of Kasumi having another boyfriend other than him. He had been her boyfriend for years. Sometimes, if he was honest enough, he still found it strange that they had broken up as quick as a snap of a finger after being so close to each other.

“So, how are you and Seohyun-sshi?” Kasumi asked him out of awkward politeness. She didn’t know what else to talk to him about.

Woohyun felt like they were complete strangers. Maybe they are. What else did he really expect, that they would be chummy and friendly like they had been last time? “We’re fine.” He cleared his throat. “We’re really happy.”

Kasumi smiled warmly. “Yokata,” she said softly. She looked up to him and saw that the same memory she was thinking about was playing in his mind.

 

“Yokata,” she smiled.

“What does ‘yokata’ mean?” he asked curiously.

“It means ‘I’m glad’ in Japanese.”

 

That memory seemed so far away now, so distant and so out of reach. Kasumi couldn’t even remember that day, even if she thought carefully about it.

She looked back down before she turned to hear the bathroom door opening. She turned back to Woohyun and said, to cut the awkward silence off, “I have to go. I think Jiho Oppa is done. I’m next, after him.”

He nodded, maybe looking somewhat relieved that he didn’t have to put up with this long awkwardness any longer. “Okay. . . . Bye. Hopefully we can chat again sometime soon,” he said doubtfully.

“Yeah, I guess . . .” Kasumi didn’t think it’d be any time soon, honestly. She ended the call just as Zico entered the door, his hair still wet from the bathe, with the towel hanging around his neck. “Hey.”

“Hey. Who were you talking to?” he wanted to know curiously, nodding his head toward the computer.

Kasumi bit her bottom lip, wondering if she should tell him the truth. She wanted a honest relationship, after all. So she took a deep, nervous breath and said, “Um, it was . . . Woohyun-sshi . . .”

He raised an eyebrow at the mention of his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend’s name. “And what did you two talk about?” he asked warily.

“He just wanted to catch up, and to apologize for hurting me,” she replied, hiding nothing from her boyfriend. She leaned against the table as he walked up to her, pressing his body against hers. She placed a palm on his chest as he grabbed her by the waist gently, pulling her close, in for a kiss.

“And what did you tell him?” he murmured in between kisses.

“I told him it’s okay, and besides, I’m happy now, with you.”

He softened and felt relieved that Kasumi was being completely honest with him. He kissed her cheek. “I have such an amazing girlfriend, you know that?”

Kasumi laughed and smacked his shoulder lightly. “I have to bathe,” she told him and he let her go. She took her towel and stepped out of the room.

The same time the bathroom door closed.

“Anniyo!” she gritted her teeth in frustration as she ran over to the door. She thumped hard on it with her fist. “CHANGMIN OPPA! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BATHE AFTER JIHO OPPA! HOW DARE YOU JUMP QUE?!”

Changmin just let out an evil cackle from the other side of the door. “Who told you to be so slow?” he taunted. “Anyway, since I’m already inside, I might as well just take my bath now, right?”

“You !” Kasumi screeched, stomping on her foot. She felt like throwing her towel down on the ground. “Ugh!”

They could hear Zico’s roaring laughter coming down the hall from inside Kasumi’s bedroom, with Kasumi’s frustrated screams in reply.

 

The next morning, Changmin woke up to the sunlight shining through his window pane and realized it was morning. He sat up and yawned, stretching. “Ah, should see what Sumi-yah is up to right now,” he mused and got off his bed.

He walked out of his room and down the hall to her bedroom. He gave a light rap but received no answers so he pushed the door lightly opened to see her sleeping peacefully. He smiled. Well, it’s only eight. Kasumi doesn’t wake up until nine when it’s during the holidays, he reminded himself and decided to go back to sleep as well.

The moment his door closed, another one opened and Zico stepped out from his room. He crept to his girlfriend’s room and closed the door behind him before he strolled casually over to her. His heart went ba-thump, ba-thump loudly the nearer he got to her. He climbed in bed and snuggled up next to his girlfriend.

“Sneaky, aren’t you?” Kasumi hummed softly as she turned to face her boyfriend. Her eyes were still close, but she could sense the familiar safe-and-protected feeling she felt whenever she was with him.

“Changmin-sunbae came to check in on your earlier,” he replied, hugging her, tucking her head under his chin. “He saw you were asleep.”

“I was asleep,” she snorted. “You should go back, too, in case someone else walks in on us and get the wrong idea.”

He pouted.

“I’m serious, Oppa.”

“Fine, I will.” He got up and grudging walked out of the room but not without giving another puppy-eyed look at her.

Kasumi shook her head firmly. “Not working.”

“What if I do this?” He began dancing around.

She burst out laughing. “Are you seriously dancing in your white shirt and boxers?” she asked her boyf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter