Chapter 7: The past

Love doesn't always last

"What's the question?"

 

----Sanduels POV----

"Uhm...it's" Wow I really should of thought this through. Well here goes nothing.

"Well I was just wondering... what happened to your family? You told is before that you lived alone in a big house but... you never told us what happend to your family" Their. I said it.

I noticed she stood still. Just looking at me. Her expression dropped. This was a good idea. Right? I looked over to ice cream parlor. Making sure that the hyungs weren't comming out. I thought I saw Baro look at us but he turned his head around.

I looked back at Yoona. She looked like she was going to say something but nothing was comming out.

 

----Your POV----

He asked me that question. That question that I hated. "What happended to your family?" Why does everyone always have to ask me that! Is it any of their business? No. It's not. But he it seems he really wants to know. I dont know why though. Why would Lee Sanduel, the boy who apparently hates me, want to know my past. He does have a right to know though...

I noticed that he was just staring at me. Waiting for an answer. Then I noticed that I had been standing here, not moving either. I took a deep breathe to prepare myself for what I was about to do.

"Uhm, lets sit at this bench here" I pointed to bench and sat down. He nodded and quickly sat opposite of me waiting to here my story.

"So, you wanna know what happened to my family huh"

"Yes. IF it's...ok with you..." He looked at me. He looked at my eyes.

"Sure" I smiled.

"Well I had two parents. Obviously. But I also had one brother. He was older than me by about 3 years. We were an average family that loved and did everthing with each other. We would always go to the park to have lunch and play. Then every morning we would always go jogging together. My family was really big on sports. My brother was the best at sports. He got it from my appa. While I am also good at sports but also flexibility. I get that from my umma. I jog today because of my family. I wanted to keep a memory. So whenever I go jogging or do any kind of sport, I always think of them..." I gave the slightest smile. I sniffled and continued.

"Although. I am the cause of there death... it's all my fault. If i wasn't playing with that lighter. They would still be alive..."

"C'mon Yoona. That can't be true. Please. Don't blame yourself for your families death!" He looked at me. I looked away and continued my story.

"One rainy day. I was about 6. My brother was 9. I was bored and we were all in the family room. My umma and appa were asleep while my brother had headphones and was on the computer. I was doing nothing. I went to my appa's pocket and found a lighter. We ironically had flamable curtains and rugs. I grabbed the lighter and sat down on the floor with my back against the curtain. I didn't know how to use the lighter. I opened the cap and tried different ways to turn it on. Once I found the way. I couldn't stop turning it off and on. Off and on. I got up to show my brother what I was doing. On the way their I tripped and dropped the lighter onto our rugs. The flames began to grow and grow. They wouldn't stop! My brother saw what happend. He rushed to our parents. Waking them up. They awoke and tried putting out the flames. But the flames wouldn't stop. Soon they spread to the curtains and smoke was filling the air. My parents grabbed me and brother to protect us from falling wood from the ceiling. All of our maids and butlers opened the door wide so we could get free but that didn't work. The flames then ran everywhere in the house. The house itself was being dominated by fire. I heard sirens coming from outside. We all were trying to make it outside but the door was blocked from a fallen piece of the ceiling. My eyes were all watery from the smoke and my lungs were buring and stinging from the ashes." My eyes began to water. "Look Yoona you don't have to continue. Please just stop." " No. You've already heard a lot so why stop here. Let me continue." He hesitantly nodded.

"My umma tripped and my appa ran to help her. He said to my brother "Get yourself and your little sister out of here! Go now! Palli!" My brother grabbed my hand and we ran. Trying to dogde falling woods and trying not to breathe to much smoke. I tripped and hurt my knee pretty bad. My brother had carry me on his back and ran. Then I remember looking up and seeing a buring wood fall to us. The thing is though...it was almost in slow motion. While it was falling, I saw all of our memories. Good and bad ones. I remember hearing my umma and appa laugh and kiss each other. I saw my family...happy. I noticed my brother stop. He and I both knew he couldn't make it that far with the wood falling down on us. I remember him saying " If one of us or both of us don't make it out. Saranghaeyo little sister. Umma and appa loved us too." All I said was "Nado" Then I out. I remember waking up in a hospital. The nurse came in and asked if I was ok. I nodded and she checking my body and all of the equipment that was injected in me. I asked her where my family was and she said that they wern't with me anymore. I cried myself to sleep that night. I was an orphan that had no one. I was alone. I asked her if my brother was dead to. She didn't replie and just walked out of my room. Even though I was 6 years old I could tell that my life was not going to be the same. I went to an orphanage when I got out of the hospital. I didn't make lots of friends. Just like two or three. No families ever adopted me. Why would they. No one wanted a pathetic little girl with a scar on her side."

"Wait scar on her side? You have a scar?" "Yeah, the doctors told me it's from the fire" I lifted my shirt and showed him my scar.

"It's the only thing I have to remember the fire that day. Well this and that lighter. But it's at my house right know."

"Anyways, I never did get adopted. Once I turned 17 I was able to move out of that orphanage and move into my own house. It's a pretty big house for one person living in it. But I like it. It's roomy. Today I attend school , have a job, and just live my life. Without a family." He looked at him. He leaned in and wiped away tears that I had. I gasped. " I didn't even know I had a tear. It just comes out I guess..."

" Yoona. I am so sorry. Mianhae." He said. I looked at him shocked. "Why are you apologizing to me?"

"I didn't know you had a rouf past"

"It's ok you don't have to say that"

" So are you sure that your brother is dead?" He asked me very suspiciously.

"Uhm I think he is dead. The nurse didn't really give me an answer. Wae?" WHy is he asking me this?

"Oh nothing just curious. But do you know your brothers name?" Their he goes agian!

"I honestly can't remember his name" I answered to him honestly.

"Well let's head back inside, okay?"

"Oh uhm ok.." How come he is being nice to me all of a sudden?

We went back inside and everyone was looking at us.

"Yah, where were you guys!? Wae were you guys on the phone so long?" Gongchan said to us.

"Well I was tellling" I couldn't continue becaue Sandeul cut me off.

"She was telling her friend that she was busy and then she told her friends a funny story" He said bluntly.

"Well did you guys talk to each other or have a nice conversation?" Baro said to us while giving us a suspicious look. Did he see us talking?

"No wae would I talk to her? Waist of my time." He said while looking away. I shot him a look but he didn't see it because he was looking somewhere else. Hmm now he is all mean and cold again. What's his game?

 

----Sanduel POV----

I turned my head and I saw Yoona give me a death glare that I saw out of the corner of my eyes.

All I could think about was Yoona's story. I did feel bad for her. But the thing that had me thinking was the part about her brother. Baro had no parents either because they were killed in a fire and he said he had a sister before but lost her in the fire too. He even told me that he couldn't remember her name too. I looked and Baro and then at Yoona. They did resemble each other. They had the same smile and the exact same eyes and cheeks. They both are really good at sports and are athletic. Could they be....

No. That can't be. Pshh Sanduellie your mind is getting the better of you. Just breathe and relax~~

"Sadneul? Are you ok bro?" Baro asked me.

"Eh? Oh haha I am perfeclty fine! Wae?" Wow! That was a smooth move...

"Oh nothing it's just that you looked like you were really thinking hard and seeing that come from you. I just had to know if it was true"

"Yah! I think hard all the time! I am smart you know!" He laughed.

"Then wae were you looking at me and then Yoona? Like back and forth?" What do I say?!

"Oh it's just that you guys kind of look alike, don't you think?" Please don't ask anymore questions. He looked at yoona and then looked at me.

He had a goofy look on his face. "Yeah, I guess we do, who knows~~Maybe she is my long lost sister~~ Haha!" I turned pale.

"Dude, calm down it was only a joke. You know my sister died in a fire" He playfully punched my arm and joined back to the conversation the rest was having. I looked at Yoona.

I wanna know more about you, Lee Yoona

 

 

 

 

A/N: Mianhae!! I haven't updated in such a long time! -__- I got a really bad cold and I lost my voice since like Friday and it has shown no signs for it to come back. But that didn't stop me from updating! I made it kind of longer than the other ones and I hope ya'll like it~~ :D

So let's hope my voice comes back and that my cold goes away!!

So please subscribe and all that stuff~~~

Ppyong~~

-koreanfan710