Teaser 2: Shadow/Baekhyun

DEMONIC BUTLER | Apply open

 

Teaser 2: Shadow / Baekhyun

Finished date: 1-01-2013

 

I was walking in an endless place with no light, covered in darkness. I wasn’t able to sleep or rest. I was in a place called Abyss for no apparent reason, unable to go to the heaven or hell. I had been wondering why it was like that.

 

I was trying to get away from this place. Abyss was much more dreadful to live in. It felt like you were living in the hell. I had seen many people got lost in this place and had become a Ghensian and had to be sent to hell.

 

But it felt awkward to me that there were still Ghensians lurking around in this place. Weren’t they supposed to be in hell or in Ghensian world other than being in the Abyss?

 

Were they trapped here as well? But why? Was it because of Blood?

 

I didn’t want to die yet. I didn’t want to become a demon and get sent to hell. No one ever wanted that.

 

Even though, I knew that there was no way out of here, I just kept walking the path to where it would lead me to.

 

I kept walking and walking.

 

I was lonely. I felt lonely.

 

It was then I saw a blooming blue wildflower. ‘A flower in the middle of the Abyss? That’s new’ I scoffed. I sat down on the ground and stared at the flower. I took breath slowly and without my notice, I started to sing.

 

‘Blooming wildflower

I beg you, please tell me’

 

I looked at the purple sky when it was actually not a real sky. The flower seemed to grow bigger slowly.

 

‘Why do people fight and hurt each other?’

 

Slowly the petals fell off from the sepal and each new flower grew from fallen petals. My eyes widened in excitement. I continued singing as my hand touched the newly grown flowers.

 

‘Valiantly blooming flower,

What can you see from your field?’

 

It was then I saw a piece of my memories. Without my consent, my tears fell from my eyes. I kept touching the flowers. They were growing into big trees with pink leaves.

 

‘Why can’t people forgive each other?’

 

I stretched out my hands into the endless dark sky. I can feel all the pain surging into my body. I was trying to stop myself from letting out a cry.

 

‘The rain passed and summer took on blue hues

All alone now

You trembled before me

Without saying a word’

 

The trees were wilting away its leaves. I felt as if I could feel the pain of the wilting leaves from the trees. The leaves were falling from the trees. It looked like as if the tree was crying.

 

‘When your friends wilt around you

What do you think?

With your leaves unable to speak

How do you convey your love?’

 

I stopped singing as I looked into my hands. ‘Love?’ I said lowly. ‘Why I can’t remember anything about it?’ I said as I held my temples tight.

 

I didn’t know why but I felt only pain when I tried to remember what love was. I only felt pain and sadness. ‘I don’t want to be alone anymore’ I said as I curled myself into a ball. Without my notice, there was a ghensian sitting on the tree branches.

 

I could hear someone was singing. It was a man’s voice. ‘Whose voice it is?’ I gasped. It was beautiful and yet it was filled with sorrows and pain. Just like mine.

 

‘Summers’ sun clouded over, the wind streamed by

The two overlapped

I shall sing the proof that you lived

For the sake of those who have no names’

 

It was a man. ‘A ghensian?’ I thought. He was smiling at me. He had a very beautiful face and he wore a long black cloak. 

 

For the one I loved,

I will keep singing

As a devotion for my eternal love

 

He was singing beautifully. It had made my heart froze for a moment. “Why do you stop singing?” he said.

 

“Who are you?” I said fearfully. I was afraid and surprised to see a demon there. He wasn’t there until I stopped singing.  He jumped off from the tree branches and stood in front of me.

 

‘Shadow is my name for I who only belongs to the darkness’ he said as he gave out his hand to me and looked into my eyes. He was expecting me to take his hand. I wanted to take it but he was a demon. A ghensian.

 

“Make a contract with me” said that demon. I was trying to look into his eyes and I noticed that he had no eyes.

 

‘For what?’ I stammered, feeling a bit frightened.

 

‘Do you want to get out of here?’ he asked. That question made me wondering what was he talking about.

 

I nodded. I did want to get out of this place but I never did know how.

 

‘How do I get out of this place?’

 

‘Make a contract with me and your deepest wish will be fulfilled’ he said as he gave me a smile. I gulped nervously.

 

‘But in return, you must give me something”

 

“What is it?” I asked and continued “Tell me, Shadow, what is it?”

 

He came closer to me and I could feel chills creeping into my spine. He trailed his finger to my face slowly.

 

‘I want….” He said as he pointed his finger to my chest and added “….Your soul

 

‘My soul?’ I asked as I backed away from the demon.

 

“Yes and I’ll be your butler until your deepest wish is fulfilled” he said and added “Just like the lyrics in the song” and then he sung the lines he had sung before.

 

For the one I loved,

I will keep singing

As a devotion for my eternal love

 

He touched my hand. “I’ll protect you and stay by your side until that happens” he said as he kissed my hand. I blushed a bit. I didn’t know that a demon knew how to woo someone.

 

“What is your deepest wish and will you make a contract with me?” he said as he was kneeling in front of me. He opened his cloak and I was in awe when I saw the true form of Shadow. He had a human body unlike those wandering ghensian I had seen before.

 

“I’ll be your contractor and my wish is…”

 

Message from Abyss: Goodnight, Abyssians. I’m actually trying to find someone who can co-author this story with me…Please PM me if you’re interested…I’ll be waiting for it…and to those who haven’t apply for this story yet, please send in your form…And comment on what you think about this teaser…Sayonara‼!

 

Translation( Just in case you forget about it)

Ghensian: Demon

p/s: read more info in chapter 1