Chapter One - I will protect you til the end [내가 널 끝까지 지켜줄게]

DEMONIC BUTLER | Apply open

 

“Someone, please help me” shouted a seventeen years old girl. She was alone in that place. In that dark and confined room where she could see nothing but darkness.

 

And only darkness.

 

That was the most fearful thing she didn’t want to remind of. Being in here alone with no else with her had made her gone wild.

 

“Mama” she shouted as she ran to other side of the room to find the door. But lady luck was not on her side. She punched the stoned wall with all her heart.

 

“Papa, where are you?” she screamed again. She was locked up inside a room where there was no way out. She was crying her heart out.

 

“Raven, are you here?” she screamed. She could only hear the echoes of her voice. She didn’t know how she got there but all she knew that she was scared. She needed someone right now. She needed Raven. She was kneeling on her knees. She was trying very hard to shake off the thoughts of her pasts but it didn’t help with her condition right now.

 

“Raven” she screamed with all her might. She was very terrified. “Ravennnnnnnnn‼‼‼‼

 

She could feel someone was shaking her body right now. “Mistress, wake up” said a man with astounding beauty. He was holding her shoulders tightly. It seemed that she was only having a nightmare.

 

A terrible nightmare.

 

Her visions were a bit blurry and hazy. She could feel her head was pumping very hard like a ticking bomb. Raven looked at his mistress worriedly. It had been twice she was having these nightmares ever since they came to Altisrian world. Raven was caressing her face. His mistress was breaking out into cold sweat and she looked very pale.

 

Her breathing was ragged.

 

“Are you alright, Skye?” asked Raven as he tried to put his mistress to sleep. Skye lied down and turned away from him. She was trying to hold back her tears. She was really scared right now but she didn’t want Raven to know about it. Raven looked at her with sad eyes.

 

Even though she always smiled and was good at hiding her feelings whenever things went wrong but right now, she was fragile as ever and she couldn’t hide her real feelings. Raven could hear Skye was sobbing very hard. Raven felt sad so he decided to accompany her that night.

 

Raven lied down next to her and stared at her back. He hugged her from her back. He was trying to hush her down. “Skye, don’t cry” he whispered lowly. He could feel his mistress tensed up with his touch. She stopped crying as she knew Raven was lying beside her. Staying next to her.

 

He just smiled as he saw his mistress finally managed to calm down. He sang a lullaby to her as he was trying to put his mistress to sleep.

 

Baby, don’t cry tonight” he started to sing as he tapped her shoulder like a mother would do when she was trying to put her baby to sleep.


Dang hei ye zai ci liang qi lai [When the dark night lit up]” Skye could hear him singing. Her heart was starting to beat fast. He had a very smooth voice. She could feel it stringing in her heart.


“Baby don’t cry tonight” he continued as he scooted closer to his mistress. It was then Skye singing along with him. She could feel his body warmth from her back.


Jiu dang zuo mei fa sheng guo yi yang [Just treat it as if nothing happened]” Skye sang and she managed to make Raven taken aback.


Ni yong yuan dou bu hui hua shang xiang pao mo yi yang [You will never be like foam]” he continued as he sniffed her hair. It smelled like a watermelon. “Nan dao ni bu zhi dao ma [Don’t you know that]” Skye sang after him.


“So baby don’t cry, cry” Raven sang as he released Skye from his hug. Skye turned and their faces were closer with each other. Her eyes were filled with tears.
 

Their fingers were intertwined with each other as both of their eyes were locked with each other’s. He could feel her cold breath on his neck. “Wo de ai shou hu ni bu fang kai [My love will protect you and never let go]” both of them sang in unison.

 

Raven stared at her giving her his gentle and warm smile as he wiped her tears. Skye’s face turned beet red. “Raven, thank you” said Skye as she kissed his cheeks. She felt grateful to have Raven by her side. Raven’s cheeks were reddened with embarrassment. He never thought Skye would give him a kiss on his cheek. Raven felt glad that he managed to lighten her up even a bit.

 

Skye was turning away from him, feeling embarrassed for what she had done just now. She really hated her guts for doing it. It was the most wonderful moments in his life. Skye could feel her demonic butler was scooting closer to her. “Umm, Jason, what are you doing?” asked Skye.

 

She was feeling a little uncomfortable with Raven right now. “Stop giving me some random names, Skye” said Raven as he was sniffing her hair. It was tickling her as Raven was snuggling in her neck.

 

“What do you want, Raven?” she asked.

 

“Can I get another kiss?” said Raven. Skye was blushing very hard. The tips of her ears were turning red because of what Raven had said. Skye was pretending to sleep as she didn’t want to kiss Raven. Raven had a very low of self-esteem and would be acting like an old geezer when it came to stuff like this. ‘Such a ert’ thought Skye as imaginary fumes came out from her nose and ears. There was no answer coming from her.

 

“Tian, are you awake?” asked Raven as he was checking her. Skye closed her eyes and was snoring loudly. He was shaking her body as he repeatedly asked “Can I get another kiss?”. Skye had finally fallen asleep for real that it made Raven to forget his wish to get another kiss.

 

“Good night and sleep well, Tian” said Raven as he kissed her forehead on the top of her pentagon mark and then left the room, letting his mistress to sleep peacefully.

 

“As long as this mark remains, I’ll stay beside you” whispered Raven lowly only he could hear.

 

“In the next few hours, you’ll go to school” said Raven as he closed the door. Skye slowly opened her eyes, peeking if Raven was still in the room or not.

 

“Sorry, Raven. Maybe next time” said Skye as she gave a small chuckle and started to imagine what a school life was waiting for her in the Abyss High School.

 

It was then Skye remembered about something. “Oh crap”. She lived in Blood’s mansion so she wasn’t the only occupant there apart from Raven. Blood and Greed were there too,  because they were the owner of that mansion. They must have heard her screaming like a mad woman.

 

“Frank, you stupid” cursed Skye as she hit her head. She wasn’t aware of Blood’s and Greed’s presence in the mansion. She even let Raven getting intimate with her. Blood, she meant, Reene must be spying on them and she might be laughing at this very second.

 

===

Meanwhile in the living room…

 

And it was proven wrong.

 

“Owh, so sweet” said a white blonde girl as she watched a movie series named ‘The Walking Dead’. She loved how her beloved male survivor, Daryl was trying to take down any zombies that were on his way. She would jump every time they defeated the zombies.

 

It was now 1.00 A.M in the morning. Reene was lying on Ray’s lap while Ray on the other hand did nothing but caressing his little sister’s hair. Both of their eyes were fixated on the screen. They didn’t need any sleep. Just take two hours nap and they would be fine and fresh like usual.

 

“Ray” called her sister sweetly. Ray just hummed. “I’m wondering about something” asked Reene as she looked at her brother. She switched off the television. “About what, Blood?” asked her brother sweetly as he gently touched her porcelain-like face. She looked like a doll no matter how you looked at her because of her fair skin and white hair.

 

“Hey, I told you to call me Reene, Ray” said Blood as she sat up.

 

“So I have to pretend to be someone not your brother?” Ray asked as he felt a bit angry with the fact he couldn’t be all lovely and cuddly with his little sister in that school.

 

“Of course, you can be my brother in Altisrian world. No one can replace you in my heart” said Reene as she pecked him on his cheeks.

 

“Not even Envy?” asked Ray. Reene gave it a thought and then said the answer he wanted to hear the most. “Taemin?”

 

“My heart does not belong to anyone but you” she said as she hugged him.

 

“So what do you want to ask me about?” said Ray as he stared at his sister lovingly. No one could replace her in his heart. He had fallen in love with her the moment he laid his eyes on her.

 

Winds were coming in from the opened window. “I want to know whether we can die or not” asked Reene. She had been thinking about this for a while. She wanted to know whether she could die or not like the other altisrians would. Like the contractors would. Like ghensians would.

 

“I don’t know about that, Reene” said Ray as he touched her shoulder. He was wondering what was making her to say like that. That question never even registered on his mind before. “I’m wondering what my life would be if I’m not a changeling” she said as she rested her head on Ray’s shoulder. Both of them were staring into a blank tv screen.

 

“Will I live happily or will I be suffering like all these contractors?” that words made Ray to tighten his grip on her hand. He turned her body so that she was facing him. Ray looked very solemn and sad. “Don’t say something like that” said Greed as he put his finger on Reene’s lip. Reene was staring into her brother’s eyes. “Brothers and I’ll be sad if you’re not here with us”

 

Reene didn’t know what to say. She had made her most important family in her life sad. She hugged her brother tight. She didn’t want to lose Greed. She didn’t know how her life would be without Greed. She didn’t know what it felt to lose something so important to her.

 

It was then their romantic moment was interrupted by someone who liked to do that. It was their beloved friend, Raven. “Are you in the middle of something?” said Raven as he was smirking evilly.

 

“Yes” said Ray even though there was nothing to begin with.

 

Ray was looking at him angrily. He didn’t like his precious time with his sister was interrupted by a mere ghensian. Reene was on the other hand, waved her hand to Raven who seemed very delighted to join in.

 

“Hi, Raven. What’s up?” she beamed happily. Raven waved his hands as he was sending his y smile to her which it didn’t have any effect on her. Raven gave up on the thought on joining them when he saw Ray silently showed a slit-throat hand gesture which indicated ‘You’re dead’.

 

Raven who was trying his hardest to keep his calm composure, suddenly sarcastically said something to both of the changelings. “Well, I believe that having an intimate contact or romantic moments with your brother is not a good example for someone who is a president of student council in Abyss High school”

 

Reene was obviously aware that something was going on with Raven. So she purposely seduced Ray by trailing her fingers along his collarbone. “Why is it, Raven? Did Skye reject you again?” she asked as she chuckled lowly so that it would be y in Ray’s eyes. Ray’s eyes turned red and he sneered at Raven who was completely pissed off right now.

 

Raven’s eyes turned red because of the anger he was trying to control. He then left that room. Any longer he spent there, it would drive him mad.

 

Reene just chuckled as she watched how Raven got angry when she mentioned about Skye. He really did love Skye that much. ‘Pity Raven’ said Reene as she released her hug from Ray. Ray’s eyes turned normal.

 

“Aren’t you having fun, Sister?” asked Ray as he lifted her up to her room. Reene just nodded. She never had so much fun in teasing people like this when she was in the Abyss. Now that, her father was in charge there, she got to do what she wanted in the Altisrian world as long as she wanted.


Reene couldn’t stop laughing as she was reminded how sour Raven’s face looked like. Ray was tucking her into the bed. “Brother, where are you going?” asked Reene as she looked at Ray who was walking out from her bedroom. Reene’s eyes started to feel heavy. It was uncommon for her to be so tired at this time of hour back then in the Abyss.

 

Ray gave her a smile as he said “I’m going to fetch our brothers from the Abyss”

 

“But isn’t it my job to do that, aniki?” said Reene. He was looking at her with a pair of sharp eyes. She jumped out from her bed and wore a robe. She was too excited to meet her brothers because it had been ages since she last seen them. Ray took hold of her arms. “Reene, let me do it” said Ray as he held her close. Reene squirmed away from as she wouldn’t budge even a bit. “Blood” he called her.

 

Reene turned to face him. “You need to rest, little sister” whispered Ray lowly as he was casting a spell on her.

 

Reene’s eye turned blank. There was no emotion in them. “Yes, brother. I’ll sleep like you asked me to” said Reene as she was hypnotized by Ray into sleeping. She would do whatever he said to her if she stayed in this hypnotized state. She was lying down and closed her eyes and then she fell into a deep sleep.

 

“Good girl” said Ray as an evil and sinister smile was drawn on his face. “I’ll play with you later” he continued as his eyes flashed red for a moment. The reason he didn’t want Blood to go fetch their brothers was because of Envy and Lust. They would do something to her before they even reached their mansion. He wouldn’t let them have her. She was his and his alone. Well, greed was his nature after all. There was no blaming him for this.

 

“Envy, Lust. I’ll never let you have little sis”

 

===

 

“Wow, that was some nasty spell you put on her, Greed. Good job” remarked a black haired guy as he pointed his ultimate weapon, Fire Dragon sword onto Greed’s neck. “What are you doing here, Raven?” said Ray. “I’m wondering Raven had no idea that there was an invisible sword pointing to his heart until Greed dug it a bit deeper into his flesh. “” Raven cussed as he backed away from Ray, retreating his sword. Ray threw a satisfied smirk as he said something and disappeared out of nowhere. “Do that again and your beloved mistress’s life is at stake”

 

Raven was alarmed with what Greed might do to his mistress, Skye, who was sleeping soundly right now. “Skye‼” he muttered as he ran as fast as he could into Skye’s bedroom and found out that Greed was trailing his fingers along Skye’s face. Ray was smirking evilly at him.

 

Skye had no idea that there was someone abusing her without her knowing about it. “Ain’t she a beauty?” said Ray as he put his lips closer to her exposed neck. Raven flinched a bit as he saw his mistress was being defiled by a changeling whom his presence Rave despised so much.

 

“So sweet. Yummy” said Ray as he his lips, staring at Raven. His eyes were turning red and so did Raven’s. Raven was furious right now and he threw Ray away from Skye. He didn’t want Greed to touch his mistress the way he touched Blood. “I’ll tell Miss Blood about this” threatened Raven. Ray was shaken a bit when Raven mentioned about Blood. He knew Blood wouldn’t be happy if she knew he was about to do something (indecent) towards her friend. “Damn you, Raven” hissed Ray.

 

Raven decided to use Greed’s hesitation to his advantage. Raven would use this time to strike him down as Greed’s mind was occupied with something related to his unpredictable sister.  Fortunately for Ray, he managed to disappear into a mist before Raven managed to hold a grip on him. Greed hissed angrily.

 

“Remember, Raven. I have my eyes on you” he said before he managed to disappear into mist and reappeared on the tree branch outside of the mansion. “Sayonara, Raven” he said as he kissed goodbye to Raven and then jumped on the ground.

 

“Damn you, greed. I won’t let you touch my mistress” hissed Raven as he watched at how Greed ran away from with pride plastered on his face.

 

A/N: Hello, everyone…How is the first chapter?? A bit long, isn’t it?? Comment…I’ll reveal who will be chosen as first-badge contractors when Abyss school is opened…Au Revoir~~

 

-Here’s a humour cut for you guys, Enjoy-

 

Blood: Skye, wait a sec*dragging Skye closer to her*

Raven and Greed looked at each other, feeling a bit nervous

Skye: What is it, Blood?*confused

Blood: *sniff Skye* why can I smell Ray’s scent on you?

 

Ray and Raven were panicked…imagine their heads explode in pieces as Blood starts to feel suspicious…

 

Skye: What? Ray’s scent??*staring at Ray, crossing her arms across her chests

Blood: Ray, what have you done to her?*eyeing Ray, feeling jealous and angry at her brother for being such a ert

 

Ray sent an eye message ‘Save me or You’re dead’ to Raven. Raven understood it..

 

Raven: Ray?? No..It’s actually my scent…I’ve been sleeping with her just now..

Skye: *panicked, blushing* What??? Xander, you ert* kicking him in his groins 1000XX times….Only god knows how much kicks she gave him…

Blood: Ouch,that must be hurt..

Ray: O.O*phew…that was close

Raven: Stop giving me some random names*screams in pain

Blood: Sorry, I doubted you, brother….I’ll be damn angry and kill you with my bare hands if it was true…*saying with a large sinister smile on her face*and it isn’t….I’m so glad..

Ray:…coughs*Me too*coughs…*faking a smile

Blood: Let’s go, Ray~~

 

Raven: Mistress, please stop*wailing in pain

Skye: No, I won’t…Go die, you closet-pedo-stinking-ert--old-man-Steven*says all of that in one breath and takes out a beater

Raven: My name is Raven~~~*screams and faints

 

Blood left that place with Ray, leaving Raven getting beaten up to pulp by his mistress, Skye…Poor Raven…

 

-The End-