Chapter Two

Love and Learn

“What the hell, Jinki?” A blonde boy was hovering above Joon who was covered by a blanket on the couch, “who is this?”

 

Jinki ran out of the kitchen, he forgot to tell Key that he had brought a stranger home last night, but his reaction was not far from what he had imagined.

 

“I’m sorry, Key.” He quickly ran towards Joon and placed a mug of coffee on the table. “he was injured, I didn’t know what else to do.”

“So you brought him here! What if he’s dangerous?”

 

Jinki ignored it, not wanting to think that way, “Can you make sure he drinks this when he wakes up? And if he’s in pain can you give him some aspirin.”

 

“Oh no,” Key exclaimed, “I’m not about to take care of a stranger you brought home.”

“Please Key, I have a test today.” Jinki begged hoping his roommate would take some pity on him.

“No, you take care of him, he’s your responsibility.” Key said turning away back to his bedroom, “I’m going out.” He emerged from his room five minutes later, mumbling a sorry and “if you need me, call.”

 

Sometimes Jinki’s wondered why they were such good friends. He was no help when he needed him. But when Jinki moved, Key was his first choice for a roommate.

 

He looked down at the unconscious man lying on his couch. He didn’t seem dangerous, but then again Jinki wasn’t a great judge of character.

 

He had to go to classes, but he can’t just leave an injured stranger alone. He had no choice, he flopped down on the empty chair next to the couch and sighed deeply. He had studied so hard for this test and he wasn’t even going to be able to take it. Was he going to fail? He hoped not, maybe he could retake it.

 

As he was contemplating his options, a groan came from the couch as Joon began to stir. Jinki was startled, what was he supposed to do or say.

 

As Joon woke up, the first thing that hit him was the warmth around him; he was wrapped up tightly underneath a thick blanket. The second thing was the sharp pain that coursed through his body as he tried to get up. He winced as he pushed himself to sit up.

 

“Be careful, you might hurt yourself.” The voice startled Joon, and he quickly turned his head to the direction from where the voice came. Joon recognized this person, the faded red hair and small eyes, this was the store worker from last night.

 

Joon sighed as he looked around the small apartment, it was a nice place not overly messy but not neat freak clean either, “what am I doing here?” he mumbled to himself as he ran his hand through his hair.

Jinki still heard him no matter how quiet he tried to be, “oh, I’m sorry. You were unconscious in the alleyway and I didn’t know where else to take you.”

“You couldn’t just leave me there.” Joon retorted, “or were you looking for something?”

Jinki was taken back, “What?”

Joon just chuckled at the boy’s flustered look. “yeah, ok then.” He dropped the subject.

 

After a moment of silence, Jinki remembered that he made coffee. “Here, drink this.” He rushed to give the warm beverage to Joon but ended but spilling a couple drops on Joon, who just wiped it off.

 

Joon curled his fingers around the warm cup and breathed in the scent of coffee. “Thanks, I guess.”

He smiled at Jinki, “here is probably a lot more comfortable than the alley.”

 

Jinki smiled widely back, the appreciation making him feel good. “It’s fine. I’m Jinki by the way.”

 

“Joon,” he replied.

 

“ahh, I can get you asprin too.” Jinki exclaimed, “for the pain."

 

 

AN: Sorry this is late... I was going to update earlier, but I was really busy. I had my 18th birthday and right now i'm really sick. So anyways hope this chapter is alright. I'll try update again soon as possible. Meanwhile read, enjoy and comment.