Chapter Fourteen

Love and Learn

It had been nearly forty minutes. Jinki was a little annoyed, why couldn’t they just meet at home and go together. It wasn’t nearly as cold as it had been, so Jinki had opted to forgo the coat thinking he should go as soon as possible, but now he regretted it. Not only was the cold getting to him but Jinki wasn’t even late when the person who he was supposed to wait for hadn’t even arrived yet.

 

A faint drop of water landed on his cheek, before quickly being wiped away with the back of his hand. Another fell on his hand, and soon the small drizzle was starting to turn into a downpour. ‘Perfect,’ Jinki thought cynically.  Jinki couldn’t wait outside any longer so he turned and walked briskly under the small shelter the door offered and shook his damp hair between his fingers, ‘Maybe I should just wait for him inside.’

 

The club was loud and full of people, there were no empty seats. It wasn’t the type of place he enjoyed either, people dancing rowdily in the centre with booths and tall tables spread throughout. Although the place was large, it was still too crowded for its size, Jinki thought. Jinki couldn’t help but sigh, but a promise was a promise, he reminded himself.  Looking around some more, the only empty seat appeared to be at the bar, Jinki quickly made his way there and made sure he still had sight of the door from the seat.

 

“What will you be having?” Jinki spun back around when he heard the voice from the across the bar bench. The thought of seeing Joon again was always present in his mind, so Jinki thought he was simply imagining what he wanted to hear, but he was wrong. Joon eyes widened when they made contact with Jinki’s. The younger had changed his hair color subtly and gotten a bit frailer since the last time they’d seen each other and Joon following the normal routine didn’t instantaneously recognize him, until he turned around. Joon was shocked and thrown off by him, he didn’t think he’d see Jinki here, especially since Jinki didn’t seem like the type to come to a bar like this.

 

The words Jinki had thought up countless times when he imagined seeing Joon again wouldn’t come to his lips, instead silence filled the space between them. Jinki soon stood up and left instead in a state of hurt and confusion, not even caring about the rain outside.

 

Joon felt a sense of guilt when he watched Jinki race out of the place, but it was for the best he had convinced himself. Joon remembered waking up in hospital that a day after Ji Yong had stabbed him. His abdomen was hurting continuously but he didn’t ask for pain relief, instead he discharged himself and went straight back to his apartment instead of Jinki’s. Jinki would be too hurt by this, too worried and maybe a little disappointed. Joon resolved that it wasn’t worth it to bring Jinki into his messed up life that only kept on getting worse, Jinki would probably be much happier eventually and a lot safer away from him. And he was relieved but also saddened by being avoided by him because he probably didn’t want to see Joon again anyway.

 

 

 

A sigh escaped Joon’s lips when he noticed Jinki at the far end of the bar, the next night, a little nervous as he was looking for Joon.

“What are you doing back here?” ‘

“umm…” Jinki stalled in answering, “I was going to order a drink.”

“No you’re not.” Joon seemed frustrated at Jinki, “you should leave.”

“No.” Jinki simply stated back.

 

Joon sighed once more before deciding to ignore the fact it was Jinki. “What drink would you like to order?”

“umm…. Soju.” Joon took out a shot glass and soju bottle and placed it in front of Jinki.

“Next time you want soju, remember there’s a stall near your house.” Joon walked away even though no customers seemed like they needed service.

 

“That bastard,” he heard the younger mutter under his breath.

 

A few shots in Jinki was starting to show signs if tipsiness, swaying slightly in his seat, and looking like he was about to cry. “Another bottle please,” he called out.

Joon pretended he didn’t hear but Jinki made eye contact with him, “another bottle.”

Joon walked to the end of the bar, “I think you’ve had enough.”

“No,” Jinki slurred and said something incomprehensible. “You’re just going to have to put up with me.”

 

Joon sighed placed a bottle of soju in front of him and called to the waiter wiping a table in the club, “Hey can you get this guy some kimchi soup.”

 

 

A/N:

So same old apologies. Sorry for taking so long, but I hope you guys enjoy the update.