Chapter Twelve

Love and Learn

Jinki had yet to emotionally accept that he reciprocated the same feelings for Joon but they had both thrown that aside when they shared soft kisses or Jinki leaned his body against Joon's warmth in his sleep. They both chose to leave things as is.

There lives had pretty much fallen into routine. Jinki had work which he talked to his boss at the cafe about and had it extended to a few weekdays. And the rest of the time he spent with Joon.

 

 

They were close when watching tv, Jinki head leaning on Joon's shoulder as they watched one of the regular dramas. Key had scoffed once and offhandedly from commented how they had more chemistry than the actors on screen. Joon and Jinki were both embarrassed  and Jinki had quietly had moved to the armrest of the couch, which earned another scoff from Key, who honestly didn't mind the skinship they shared as long as they didn't full on make out in front of him.

Joon stared at Jinki rather than the tv, he had a soft satisfied smile gracing his lips and the older found it hard to not smile along. He probably was unconsciously smiling like an idiot, he thought and forced himself to finally look away.

Joon had a lot of time to think over things the past few days. He had come to decisions about a few things. When he pondered the most difficult choices, he craved a smoke but rubbing his forehead and pushing unnecessary thoughts to the back of his mind he tried to cope.

Lost in his thoughts he hadn't noticed that the drama was even finished and Jinki was stretching his arms as he stood from the couch, loosening the stiff muscles. Whilst Key was cleaning up his late night snack.

"Off to bed?" Joon asked Jinki who had turned around searching for cushion which had fallen off the couch as he got off.

"Hmm..." Jinki nodded, grabbing the cushion and flinging it back to the couch. It landed on Joon's face and Jinki and Key both cracked up.

 

 

When Jinki returned from the cafe on Saturday. There was no sign of Joon in the house, he guessed maybe he went out for a bit. But after two hours Jinki started to panic.

Jinki paced back and forth in front of the door, thinking of what could have happened, maybe he left? Maybe that Jiyong guy had found him? What if something bad had happened? With these thoughts he ran out of the apartment.

As soon as he was out of the building, the cold air hit him and he realized he hadn't put on a jacket. Without turning back he walked briskly. He didn't know where to go but somehow ended up in the alley near his old work. It was dimly lit and Jinki couldn't see anything well. He called out Joon's name but no answer so he walked in further. Walking through, he almost thought that a rubbish bag was Joon's body, it scared him so much that he had actually started to cry. 

After reaching the end, he realized the alley was devoid of life except maybe for a few rats. Now Jinki was at a complete loss of where to look for Joon.

Jinki wandered about for hours going to hospitals reciting Joon's description. He had even looked at the holding cell at the police station. No sign of Joon.

A taxi drove him back to his apartment building and he sighed as he payed the driver, it was nearing 4 am and he knew Key would probably throw a fit at him.

"Jinki..." A confused voice asked as Jinki leaned away from the taxi. Joon

The older seemed perfectly fine, tired but not harmed. They stared at each other and the taxi left. Jinki let out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"What the hell!" He near screamed startling Joon as Jinki hit his chest.

Joon grabbed the younger's shoulders and pulled his as down in an attempt to cease hitting. He brought Jinki close almost as if he was going to kiss him but stopped himself from doing so.

"What are you doing outside?" Joon quietly whispered continuing to hold Jinki's arms which were shivering underneath his hands.

"I could ask you the same thing." He didn't mean to sound harsh but he was incredibly frustrated. He didn't know if it was at Joon or at himself for thinking the worst of Joon.

"Let's get inside." He could clearly tell that Jinki was cold even though he didn't even seem to notice it himself.

 

 

A/N: Where do you guys think Joon could have gone? A bit more drama coming up, just warning you.