Chapter Eight

Love and Learn

Key walked past Jinki’s room in the morning, looking in, he saw that the both were sharing the rather cramped bed, he felt bad for them. But he wasn’t prepared to give up other pieces of furniture for the stranger. Joon seemed troubled but at least he wasn’t a jerk as far as Key could see.

 

Key went to University earlier than Jinki, he usually would wake up Jinki before heading off, but today he didn’t really see a need to.

 

 

When he arrived at University, a voice called to him. Three of his friends made there way towards Key.

“Hey hyung,” Taemin greeted Key.

Key smiled and ruffled his hair, the stoic Minho, also said hi and Jonghyun grinned. “Where’s Jinki hyung?” Taemin queried, “we haven’t seen him in ages.”

“Probably babysitting,” Key answered.

“Huh?” Jonghyun said, not understanding what Key meant.

“He brought this random stranger, some druggie, to our apartment and he’s probably taking care of him.”

“Wow, that could be dangerous hyung.” Taemin exclaimed.

“Yeah I know.”

Jonghyun starched his neck as he thought about it, “But I guess Jinki’s not too bad a judge of character, so I imagine he wouldn’t be too bad.”

“No, he’s a naïve fool.”

“That’s kind of harsh.”

Key shrugged

 

 

 

Jinki was home at 4 in the afternoon, this surprised Key. He would usually study at the Library, then come home for an hour before heading to his job. Him and Joon were sitting on the couch Joon was simply staring at the TV and occasionally over his shoulder at Jinki, who was sitting with his legs folded studying his textbook. At least that much hadn’t changed. Key smiled at Jinki who looked up to acknowledge his presence. “Hey, Your home?”

“Yeah,” he mumbled back.

“We went grocery shopping,” Jinki happily announced, “don’t worry we put everything in the right place.”

Key just nodded in acknowledgement

“Want to watch ummm… whatever that is…” Onew asked pointing to the tv.

“No thanks.” Key replied, “I actually have things to do.”

 

Joon and Key didn’t really get along, nor did they talk to each other. It was obvious to Joon, that Key just tolerated him for Jinki’s sake, so it was suffice to say that they didn’t hang around each other.

 

Key looked back at the living room, why did he have to avoid people in his own house. He decided he didn’t have to, he swung his backpack into his room and stomped his way back to the couch, grabbing the remote of the coffee table and slouching onto the couch, “actually I do want to watch tv.” He said before changing the channel to something more his taste.

“Ok.” Jinki chuckled and Joon also looked amused at the scene, Key was slightly angry that he didn’t assert his authority enough.

 

 

 

Key returned home later one night, Jinki had probably headed off to work, Key didn’t really know where Joon was nor did he care. Till he heard heaving from the bathroom, he rushed to the bathroom and saw Joon lying against the wall, sweating and having difficulty breathing. “Are you alright?” he questioned.

 

Joon coughed multiple times before answering, “yeah I’m fine.” Key could obviously see he wasn’t. “It’ll go away.” Joon just looked down at the tiles as he rubbed his temples.

 

Key left the bathroom in haste shocked by Joon’s state, was he in withdrawal? Doesn’t that mean he’s quitting some form of drugs?

 

He went into the kitchen and got some water, and he returned to find Joon leaving the bathroom. ‘here, have some water.”

 

Joon took the glass and muttered a thanks, he gulped down the water before looking at Key who was still standing there. “don’t tell him.”

“why?” Key questioned.

“Just don’t, I don’t want to burden him more than I already have.”

Key sighed, “ok then, I won’t tell, but you should.”

 

“hmm.” Joon sighed giving the glass back to Key.

 

“You know, your lucky.” Key said, “that Jinki is helping you out, he’s a generous person.’

“Yeah.”

“Don’t ever take advantage of that though.” Key warned before turning back towards the kitchen. Although Key couldn’t say that Joon was his favorite person, Key knows deep down that Jinki wasn’t really an idiot so he hoped everything would be fine.

 

“I wouldn’t.” Joon murmured to himself.

 

 

A/N: Hey, sorry it's been a while and i'm sorry this chapter is so short. Im just really, really busy with Uni. But here's an update, kinda following Key in this chapter showing signs he sees even though it could also be seen as a filler :) Anyway, i've already started on the next chap so I'll update that when I finish. Tell me what you guys think.

 

 

A.s