Chapter Eleven

Love and Learn

Jinki and Joon shared breaths of nervousness as Jinki climbed into bed next to Joon. Both unsure of where exactly their relationship had entered. 

 

Joon leaned back against the wall allowing more space for Jinki.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Joon asked as Jinki got comfortable on his back.

"Hmm."

Joon contemplated whether it would be appropriate to ask or not, "You lost your job because of me, right?"

There was a momentary silence as Jinki got over his surprise that Joon knew about it. "I... It wasn't... It wasn't because of you."

"Don't lie," Joon replied harshly, "it doesn't suit you." Jinki fell quiet unsure of how to respond. "You could've just given me up, called me down there, I can handle them."

"You really think I would do that?" Jinki whispered before his voice was raised, "I can handle myself too. Just because you throw everything away including your life, doesn't mean I'll help you do it. I honestly don't care about a job as much as care about you."

 

Jinki realizing what he had said, shut his eyes in distress hoping this was just a dream and he's had fallen to sleep the moment his head hit the pillow or maybe the whole night was a dream and he didn't ruin the chances of friendship that he and Joon had built up that he hadn't been harsh or even voiced the feelings he himself had yet to accept. But he could hear Joon shuffling next to him and he knew that it most likely wasn't a dream and that Joon was probably angry. 

 

The space on the pillow next to Jinki's head dipped under the weight of Joon's hands and his eyes fluttered open. Joon searched for the younger's eyes in the darkness and when they met he leaned down and placed his lips on the Jinki's. They both leant up with the kiss. It lasted for a few seconds before Jinki  collapsed back onto the bed from not from not using his arms to push him self up, they both chuckled, Jinki momentarily forgetting his worries before he remembered his words and his laugh faded. "I didn't mean you were trash, just that you treat yourself like it and it's not alright."

Joon stared down at Jinki, "I know."

 

 

 

Jinki woke up first and was surprised that Joon’s face was centimeters from his own. He softly smiled to himself before carefully pulling himself out of bed. He went into the bathroom and groaned at his face in mirror, his eyes swollen due him crying too much last night and he simply looked terrible. Splashing cold water on his face, he washed up and went out.

 

Sighing and rubbing his forehead, Jinki made his way to the kitchen. A faint smell of scrambled eggs could be sensed as he entered the kitchen, his roommate was making breakfast for himself, he saw Jinki and immediately guessed he’d had cried last night “You know I adore you Jinks, but you look like .”

“Thanks,” Jinki sarcastically replied.

“No I’m serious,” he put his spatula down, “your eyes are swollen, are you okay?”

“I don’t know,” Jinki truthfully answered. He trusted his best friend to know that he would understand his woes, but he wasn’t sure if he should tell him. Even though Key would understand him didn’t mean he wouldn’t judge him. “Joon kissed me.” Jinki muttered to test the waters, not wanting to say it any louder incase Key didn’t hear it the first time.

 

“Wait, what?!” Key had heard as he spun away from the pan of eggs he was making, “are you serious? Tell me you’re joking.”

Jinki didn’t say anything, and Key took a deep inward sigh, “Is that why your crying? Did he hurt you or force you?”

“No, no…” Jinki quickly defended, “I was crying because it hurt when he was about to leave… Key, I’m so confused.”

“Jinki…” his eyes softened as the intial shock left him, he stared at his best friend, “you like him don’t you?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you an idiot? Of course you do.” Key stated bluntly.

Jinki chuckled at his best friend; he made him feel so much at ease talking about this. “So what does the genius suggest I do?”

“That’s really up to you,” Key took his pan and slipped the eggs onto a plate, “anything I’d say would simply be biased by my opinion.”

“Hmm,” Jinki seriously considered Key’s words.

“Now have some breakfast,” he put the plate in front of Jinki, “I’ll make some more for my self.”

 

 

 

Joon woke up soon after. Key frowned when he entered the kitchen but didn’t leave. “Hey” Joon greeted the two.

Jinki smiled up at him, “Hey.”

“I made you eggs too,” Key gestured to a plate next to the stove.  Joon murmured thanks and turned to leave the room as he couldn’t really talk to Onew about what happened, “I swear if you don’t eat it, I will take offense.”

 

Joon scoffed turned back around and grabbed the plate before sitting on the counter chair next to Jinki.  The younger’s amused laugh lightened Joon’s heart as he started eating the food.

 

Jinki glanced at Key as if looking for reassurance. Key noticed the look of worry but simply patted him on the back as he stood and left quickly.

 

"I'm sorry I got carried away. I didn't stop to think about what you were thinking. I was selfish, you were tired and vulnerable and I just went for it." Joon spoke as soon as he heard Key’s door shut, and paused as he thought about what Jinki was thinking. "So anyways, I'm sorry again if I ruined anything."

 

"I think you're forgetting I did kiss you back. So I guess we both ruined things huh?" 

 

AN: Again, I'm sorry its such a late update plus its doesn't really add that much development, but I do know where the story is heading I just have to figure out how to put it into words. I hope you guys like it none the less and tell me what you think. Also I have a another trailer I made for this story in the foreword, if you guys want to check it out. :)