Chapter Six

Love and Learn

The harsh coldness of winter was horrible for Joon, he missed the warmth of Jinki’s apartment. The cold hard floor with a bag of stuff of this dump was nowhere near as comfortable as even Jinki’s couch. After leaving the apartment, Joon really had nowhere to go, he ended up going to the rundown shack where a few people just crash. There stench of drugs and alcohol sifted through the house but Joon just had to tolerate it, he was looking for a job, he probably could afford some rent if he found one.

 

His door of the room he claimed as his own swung open, GD entered, “What a surprise,” GD lightly kicked him, “You’re actually alive.”

“No thanks to you,” Joon groaned, “Bastard.”

“Hey,” GD “It’s your ing fault. You should be thankful that I didn’t kill you.”

 

 

 

Jinki couldn’t lie, he was shocked by Joon’s confession. But more than that, he felt a bit upset that Joon didn’t trust him and thought he would have thrown him out. No matter what though, Joon had left and Key was a happy about the fact, simply because he didn’t trust Joon.

 

Jinki wandered if he should look for him, there didn’t seem to be a home that Joon would return to otherwise he would have gone earlier. But Jinki had no idea where to look.

 

What Jinki felt bad about most was that he actually thought they were becoming closer, possibly friends, but he guessed he just assumed too early.

 

He slowly snapped out of his thoughts as the bell on the door buzzed. It was a guy in a hoodie, much like when he saw Joon for the first time. Jinki looked somewhat in hope at the familiar guy. His smile however dropped when it wasn’t Joon but just some another customer. The guy hovered around looking agitated and fidgety, Jinki sensed something was wrong so he called the customer and politely offered assistance, “Anything I can help you with.”

The guy just ignored him, and headed to the alcohol section and started picking up many bottles of beer.  Jinki waited at the counter but the man just walked out of the store.

 

“Hey.” Jinki called before running after him, “Excuse me you haven’t paid.”

“ off.” He said pushing Jinki to the ground.

Jinki hadn’t really thought about what to do in this situation before so he just stood up and grabbed the guy’s shoulder. “Sorry but you can’t steal.”

The guy spun around and punched Jinki square in the face; he fell back nose bleeding and cheek in in pain. The guy scowled at Jinki and started to walk away as Jinki stared at his retreating figure. Suddenly someone came out from the alley and punched the guy. He dropped all his beers and and a few shattered. The other man punched his stomach before throwing him to the ground. The guy looked up before letting out a scowl then scampering off.

The figure walked towards Jinki, under the streetlight, he could see that it was Joon.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well if I’m being honest I was about to do a deal in that alleyway.”

Jinki didn’t know whether that was a joke or not but he slowly got back on to his feet. “Are you okay?” Joon asked looking at Jinki’s face.

 

 

Jinki chuckled at the irony as he sat in the store stools, how was he the one hurt now while Joon took care of him. Joon opened one of the tissues boxes and was cleaning up his nose with water. “You’re lucky he only punched you, Jinki.” He commented as he finished cleaning up, “I don’t think your nose is broken but your right side might bruise.” A purplish tinge was starting to form but Jinki tried to not show any signs of pain.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jinki asked the question again not angry, simply curious.

“Look, I was doing a deal and the loser headed towards your store. So I hung around.”

“Are you a dealer?” Jinki was surprised by his honesty and a little disappointed.

“No, it was a one off.”

 

 

“What are you here for.” Joon asked in a irritated tone, knowing GD, he had wanted something. Why else would he come to see someone he wanted to kill.

“Well there’s a job...”

“No,” Joon exclaimed before he even asked, “I’m not ing dealing you.”

 “It’s in that alleyway” GD continued anyway, “there would be a lot of cash involved.”

“Why would I care?”

He chuckled, “Well that’s fine, just a heads up anyway.”

“I’ll do the job.”

“What?”

“I’ll do the deal for you.”

Joon didn’t want any other scumbags hanging around that area.

 

 

“Are you hungry?” Jinki asked as he back behind the cashier. “We have ramyun here. Third shelf.”

Joon hid a small smile and grabbed a cup. Jinki poured some hot water and handed it back to Joon.

“Sit, Eat.” He said gesturing to the stool and handing Joon some disposable chopsticks.

 

“How have you been?” Jinki asked.

“I’ve been alright.” Joon slowly broke the chopsticks.

“Do you have a place to stay?”

Joon ignored the question and continued eating his ramyun. Jinki just sighed and then put on a smile as another customer came in.

 

 

 

Joon finished his ramyun and turned his stool around and watched as Jinki was serving a group of rowdy students. As they left, Jinki turned to him and smiled from behind the counter.

“What time do you finish?” Joon asked suddenly.

“Huh? A bit after midnight.”

 “You’re an idiot to work in this area.”

“What,” Jinki was taken back and countered  “I’ve been working here a while, I’m capable of looking after my self and I usually don’t have any major problems.”

“You found me beat up here and nearly got beat up by a druggie, yeah no major problems.”

“Well I don’t consider you a problem,” Jinki smiled humbly as Joon looked up at him.

 

After a moment Joon spoke again “Do you need me to walk you home?”

“Huh, why?”

“Well you did just piss off some guy.” Joon thought it was the least he could do to show his gratitude.

“Thank you then.”

 

A/N: I know I'm so late in updating and then I update with such a crappy chapter. Please forgive me. The thing is I planned some future parts and know where the story need to to go, but I'm just having trouble in how to get there. But hopefully I'm back on track. Read, enjoy and tell me what you guys think. And do you guys like the poster and background, rawr27 made it for me.