Chapter Four

Love and Learn

 

Jinki kneeled down on the elevator floor. “Joon ah,” he called gently shaking his shoulder. Joon sat unwavering, completely worn out and tired. “Joon ssi,” he tried again. Joon groaned in agony.

 

He was awake but it his he could feel every pulse in his head and the pain shooting through his body only heightened his headache. The elevator doors closed but it stood in place not moving floors as he hadn’t pressed any buttons. “Are you alright?”

 

Joon didn’t answer instead he looked at Jinki who was hovering there. “Joon ssi,” Jinki began again, “I don’t think you can stay here. In the elevator, I mean.”  Joon scanned his surroundings slowly, how could he have only made it to the elevator? He glanced back to Jinki who stared at him expectantly before sighing and pulling out his cell.

 

He heard Jinki murmur something into the phone for a couple minutes before hanging up and turning to Joon. “Ok then, lets go,” Jinki bent down and pulled Joon arm over his shoulder. Joon tried to protest but Jinki just ignored him. They made there way out of the elevator and through Jinki’s apartment.

 

Jinki immediately took him to his bedroom and made him lay down on the bed. He carefully propped the pillows under Joon’s head. “Please don’t move too much.” He looked at his phone; “I’ll be back really soon with an icepack.”

 

Joon watched as Jinki rushed out from the room and simply allowed himself to pass out from the exhaustion.

 

Key finally returned to the apartment a little after 10.  And immediately walking in, he sighed to find Jinki in the kitchen.

“Are you going to cook?”

Jinki glanced up at Key, “Yeah but we haven’t done the grocery shopping this week.”

 

“Is he gone?”

 

“No,” He quietly answered knowing that Key already disapproved.

 

“You skipped work as well?” Key disapprovingly scolded Jinki. His friend was smart and caring but way to trusting. “You seriously didn’t get him to leave.”

“I didn’t have a choice, he’s not a bad guy” Jinki defended, “you would probably do the same thing.”

Key just breathed deeply,  “Jinki you are way too naïve.” Jinki was a difficult person to stay mad at no matter how much Key tried. “God!” he finally sighed, “here I bought some food, you’ll have to share your half.”

“Thanks Key,” Jinki happily accepted the food.

“I don’t even know why we are friends.” He murmered before going to his room and shutting his door.

 

 

 

The voices drifted in from the living room, but Joon tuned it out and searched for the reason for the cold and wet feeling, There was two icepacks lying on his chest and abdomen. He pulled himself up and they slid off, landing on the side of the bed. There was a paperbag from the pharmacy on the bedside table, with a glass of water. Finally some strong painkillers Joon thought as he opened the bag. Even though the pain had died down, he took three pills and gulped down the water.

 

Slowly the door shifted open and Jinki cautiously made his way into the room. “Umm… Joon ah,” Jinki moved himself to the bedside. Under the dim lamp light, Joon could tell Jinki was anxious. “My friend brought home some food, would you like some?” That was when he noticed the plate of food in Jinki’s hand.

 

“Thanks.” Joon murmured taking the plate from his hands. Jinki grinned widely and Joon looked away from the wide smile towards the plate. He was really thankful that at least for a day he wasn’t thrown away.

 

“Sorry.” Jinki looked at Joon with confusion. Joon didn’t even know what he was apologizing for; maybe it was for being rude or for disrupting Jinki’s humble life, either way, Jinki just replied with a soft smile, that Joon couldn’t help but think was comforting and warm.

 

A/N: Hey sorry for my inconsistency in updating but I've had uni. I'm only a first year so I'm still adjusting to the assesment and stuff. I'll try to do better. Hope you guys liked this chapter and tell me what you think. :) Also i was kinda using a pattern with the chapter names but really hard to think of two things that stand out in the chapter.... :P so in later chapters, i might not do that, sorry.