Chapter Three

Love and Learn

Jinki was awkward, he didn’t know how to act with the man. Should he ask him about what happened? But Jinki didn’t want to pry and end up sounding rude.

 

So he took to hovering in the kitchen, he hoped his roommate would return and give him some guidance with how to deal with Joon, Key was always better with people.

 

He finally returned to the living room. Joon was sitting up on the couch clutching his ribs. “I’ll get out of your hair.”

 

Jinki was torn, he couldn’t let the man go when he was still obviously hurt, but making him stay didn’t seem like a good idea either. He contemplated his options but Joon was already standing heading towards the door.

 

He accidently brushed against the doorframe and he winced in pain. Jinki quickly snapped out of his thoughts and rushed to his sides to help him. “No wait. You’re still hurt.”

 

“I’ve endured worse.” Joon brushed Jinki’s hand off his shoulder. But Jinki wouldn’t move from the doorway, “look I get you want to help and all, but for ’s sake just let me leave.”

 

Jinki was surprised by Joon’s agitation but it didn’t waver his resolve, “And what? Let you pass out in an alleyway.” he started to push Joon back into the house.

 

“I don’t have a concussion. If anything I probably have bruised ribs.”

“Bruised ribs?” Jinki worriedly exclaimed, “you have to go to hospital.”

“I told you I can endure the pain, just give me some aspirin if you’re worried or even something stronger and let me leave.”

“I don’t have anything stronger,” Jinki sighed, “and you just had asprin, so now you need rest and maybe something to eat.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you,” Joon exclaimed, “why are trying to take care of a stranger?”

Jinki was lost for an answer, he didn’t know himself. It was just kind of an impulse decision and even now he didn’t know why he kept insisting him to stay.

 

“ughh, whatever.” Jinki sighed, “you can leave if you want.” He turned away dejectedly from the Joon and walked into the depths of his house. Joon watched as the younger entered his bedroom and then quietly made his way out.

 

 

Joon was at a loss of where to go. He knew he had to leave Jinki’s house, but really there wasn’t really anywhere he could think to go. He could go home but his parents’ house but they probably didn’t want to see the son they threw out. He could go to one of his friends’ houses but he seriously doubt they would take him in this time.

 

The difficulty was not only in finding a place to go but also in getting there. Pain was shooting up his body for every movement, even walking was difficult, so he slowly leant against the metal wall and slid down to take a seat and rest his body for a moment.

 

 

Jinki knew that Joon would leave, he didn’t expect him to stay. Key had texted he’d come home later when things had settled down, he should’ve texted that everything was fine now but he enjoyed the peace. Today was a messed up day and Jinki felt horrible for missing his test and even worse for not really helping Joon.

 

After a nap, and shower Jinki decided to walk to work a bit early, maybe he’d see Joon in the neighbourhood. He wanted to make sure he was alright.

 

When he made his way to the elevator, the doors opened and Jinki was taken back by the sight of Joon resting in the corner of the lift.

 

A/n: Sorrrrrryyyy  ----__---- i took a while to update. i honestly had started this chapter way earlier but I was really busy to check over it and and post. I started uni and its been alot of work. So i'm sorry if it has any mistakes, I haven't edited.

Hope you like this chapter. read, enjoy and comment :)