Chapter Ten

Love and Learn

Joon sat on the park bench, it was good to get out now and then, get some fresh air and think. Joon thought about Jinki, about what had exactly happened and why he cared so much.

 

In between his fingers he twirled an unlit cigarette. After fiddling with it for a while, Joon simply tossed it into trash.

 

As Joon was about to get up and head home, a familiar face walked past holding the waist of an all too indifferent girl. Joon just hoped he didn’t look long enough so that he wouldn’t be recognized. But it was too late.

 

“Joon!” Mir called in astonishment after walking a few steps then turning back pulling his girl back. “Wow! Haven’t seen you in ages!”

“Yeah” Joon muttered.

“Wow, I can feel the enthusiasm.” Mir sarcastically commented.

“What are you doing here, this is a public park not a drug den.”

“Hey!” Mir retorted, “I can say the same to you.”

Joon just rolled his eyes and started to move in order to get home.

“We just walked past the store that got totally trashed by Jiyong last night, It’s a mess.”

“What?” Joon inquired.

“Jiyong was looking for someone or something, and the guy was being a pain.”

“Oh yeah,” the girl finally spoke up, “I was there, it was so funny the guy was close to breaking out in tears.”

Joon had an uneasy feeling about this. “Which store was this?”

“The convenience store just down the street.” Mir answered.

 

Joon was ready to throttle Jiyong. But he didn’t want Jinki seeing him after that, no; he would have to leave first.

 

 

 

Jinki had been looking for jobs all day, he had narrowed the search to another café during the week or a restaurant. He hoped he could still get a reference from the store.

 

The front door opened and closed and Jinki assumed it was Joon. With University he had realized Joon actually went out during the day. He was right went Joon passed the kitchen and went straight into the room.

 

Jinki belatedly greeted “Hi.” But Joon had already stormed into the bedroom, Jinki wondered why Joon was so mad. He stood up and made his way to the room too. Joon was in there, looking around and packing whatever little possessions he had into the duffle bag on the bed.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to steal anything of yours.” Joon said zipping up his bag.

“Are you leaving?” Jinki quietly asked.

“Yeah, I’ve already caused you enough trouble.”

“No,” Jinki spoke, “you haven’t caused any trouble.”

“Liar.” Joon murmured. Jinki heard it and suddenly felt horrible.

 

“Don’t… leave,” Jinki said staring at a spot on the floor controlling his emotions, standing in the doorway.

 

Joon just pushed past him to reach the door, before turning back to take in a quick glance of Jinki.

 

"Don't leave." He cried out again, grabbing the elder's wrist as stopping him before he turned towards the door. Oh god, he was sobbing uncontrollably making Joon's heart waver at the sight.

 

"Please..." He gently begged, tears rolling down his face.

"Jinki," Joon sighed, but internally scolding himself for making the younger cry, and cupped his red cheek in the palm of hand, with the pad of his thumb he gently wiped Jinki's tears.

"It's just," he whimpered finally looking up at Joon, "you've come so far."

 

Joon couldn't bear to make Jinki this disappointed in him, he had changed so much but it wasn't good enough. He was still not good enough for Jinki. He knew that deep down Jinki knew it too, that was why he believed Joon would instantly return to that life.

 

"I'm sorry for making you worry," pulling his face up so that it was inches from his own, "I wasn't going to do anything." Joon felt terrible for making the younger think he would have returned to that destructive lifestyle, he honestly just needed time to think. And seeing Jinki was torture to him. 

 

The kind of torture you wanted to inflict on yourself everyday because no matter how much it hurt Joon to hide his feelings, Jinki's smile was addicting. Maybe that's why he it wasn't that hard to stop with the drugs as Jinki became his new addiction. But maybe it was time to quit that too.

 

Joon just acted on impulse as his rational thinking was lost, he leaned down and Joon gently placed his lips on Jinki's soft lips.

 

After a moment he pulled back to see Jinki's flushed and surprised face.

 

"Umm..." He wasn't speaking, no longer crying just staring at Joon wide eyed like a deer caught in headlights. "I'm so sorry."

 

"Joon..." He began but Joon didn't want to hear the rejection, he was just stupid thinking somehow that Jinki cared for him.

 

"It didn't mean anything." he interrupted, "I just need you to stop crying." he didn't mean to sound so harsh but Jinki face dropped at the statement.

"I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby." He tried to laugh but it came out as a strangled sob. So he settled for a weak smile that made Joon's heart falter, it was so forced compared to the beautiful wide grin he's always given him.

 

Joon didn't know why he did it again; maybe it was because he couldn't bear to see him sad. Or because he hoped Jinki's disappointment was a sign that maybe somehow he liked him back. And again he placed his lips on the younger's.

 

"Joon," the soft and wonderful breath on his lips.

"Don't, Jinki." Softly begging for him not to pull away. He didn't and Joon placed his lips on Jinki's slightly parted ones. 

As he started to move his lips against Joon, it hit him that Jinki was actually kissing back.

 

The elder nipped at his lips asking to deepen it. As soon as he let him, Joon's tongue slipped in and he enjoyed exploring every inch of his mouth.

 

He mewled as Joon pushed him against the door. Pecking then tugging at his soft lips before the taller bent down further and began to ravish his neck, slipping his fingers under the hem of his shirt. Joon bit his neck slightly earning a gasp from Jinki before he and at the spot. Joon smiled at his handiwork before making his way back to Jinki's lips. 

 

Jinki then realized what they were doing, and he slowly pushed Joon's chest away and whimpered looking at the fresh love bite on his neck."I think this is enough." Jinki whimpered. 

"I can't think straight when I'm with you." Joon admitted, whilst continuously pecking his lips. " you seem to care so much and no one ever has."

 

"But... I don't know why" He quietly whispered hoping Joon didn't hear him. But he did and the entire elder wanted to do was ignore all that that and claim possession of Jinki's heart.

 

Pretending he didn't say that, Jinki smiled up at Joon, "umm... let’s eat?"

 

What were they now? Had nothing changed? Jinki still had a better life ahead of him and Joon was still the unwanted.  Joon couldn’t help but think maybe Jinki was too nice to ever tell him to leave. Maybe it was just kindness.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the extremly long delay! I was on holidays, but when you have the time to write, it never comes to you. I think I write under pressure better. Honestly I had the second part of the chapter written, I just needed the first. I hope you guys are still reading this. And look! Finally some romantic progress. Tell me what you guys think.. :D