Chapter One

Love and Learn

Lee Jinki was an extremely busy college student, especially since he last great decision was to do a double major. Now he had to balance a huge studyload and working to support living away from home.

 

Lee Jinki was working late.

Working a convenience store wasn't really his ideal job, but it allowed him to go to college during the day and when its quiet he could study. However, a downside was that interfered with his ability to wake up early.

 

The crowd that loitered around this area at this time wasn't always the best. But most people Jinki encountered were drunken high school students and office workers, nothing he couldn’t handle. Sometimes he may get a real rowdy crowd that knock things over and beat up the cash machine when they're money is too slow to come out. But Jinki knew not to get involved; he would just wait till it they were gone before cleaning anything up.

 

Today however, it was especially quiet.

 

Just as he yawned for the fifth time that hour, a customer arrived. Jinki looked up from his advanced chemistry book. The guy was suspicious looking wearing a hood, carrying his duffle and walked straight to the counter. The kind he’d been told to look out for.

 

"Hey," he said as he approached Jinki, his smirk obvious on his face as Jinki moved back startled. "I would like a pack of cigarettes." He paused and looked around, "and some nicorette patches."

Jinki stared at him confused, "umm why both?"

He bluntly stated, "I'm quitting."

 

Jinki internally shrugged and got him the patches. He reached to the cigarettes and looked at the customer, "do you need this if you're quitting?"

"Don't you think it's stronger if I resist a greater temptation?"

"No. It's better to quit and not go back, than end up giving in."

 

The customer just chuckled at Jinki's honesty, "then just the patches, I guess."

"Ok," Jinki flashed him a wide grin, thrilled to make a difference, "7000 won."

 

The guy couldn’t help but smile back, thanking him before walking out.

 

Jinki watched him leave before going back to his book, he was going to be fully prepared for the test tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

Joon sauntered into an alley, if only if was that easy to quit everything. He attached a patch to his right shoulder and propped his foot against the wall as he leant in waiting.

 

Joon pushed himself off the wall and walked further onto the alley as the newcomer arrived. "Hey, Ji Yong!" He called, signaling his presence. 

 

The pink head spun around. Joon pulled of his hood and dropped his duffle as he walked over.

"!" pushing his chest, Joon stumbled back.

"What?"

"Why the did you tell that stupid kid that I'm your dealer?" 

"You mean Mir?"

"Yes, that idiot called me to cafe to make the deal. As if had no brains."

Joon just chuckled.

"Laugh it up! I ain't giving !"

Joon smirk dropped, "you can't be serious."

Ji Yong just laughed before throwing an uppercut at Joon, hitting him square on the jaw. He stumbled back from the hit, "don't with me again!" Ji Yong started to walk away but Joon didn't let it go and spun him around landing a punch on his cheek.

 

Ji Yong face red from anger and also from pain huffed as he returned the punches.

 

Punch after punch landed on Joon's face and stomach, he got a few in himself but despite his baby face Ji Yong had a strong arm and he didn't hold back. 

 

"ing idiot," Ji Yong grunted as Joon fell back against the wall.

The rattle of trash cans alerted him to another person, he kicked Joon in the stomach before running off with his duffle. 

 

Clutching his stomach in pain, Joon lost consciousness.

 

 

 

Jinki was never violent, so he was honestly scared when he heard the sounds of a scuffle in the alley near the store. The good guy inside of he him wanted to stop the fight, help out anyone in trouble, but Jinki’s meek and frightened self told him to just keep walking.

 

After quickly walking away past the alley, he sighed. Jinki was a coward, but something compelled him to turn back and he rushed into the alley. Thanks to his clumsiness he ran straight into a trash can which fell with a large clank. Jinki fear heightened, they heard him for sure.

 

Staying silent for a few seconds, Jinki breathed a sigh of relief when he heard the sound of footsteps running away.

 

He slowly got up out from behind the trash cans, so much for his heroic action, he didn’t do anything. Just as he was about to leave for his walk home, he noticed a dark figure hunched against a wall.

 

Jinki, surprised by his own actions was quickly by the man’s side.  It was the man from earlier, unmoving and hunched in a painful position. Was he dead? No, he was still breathing. But clearly hurt, probably passed out, should he take him to a hospital? What if he doesn’t have insurance? Police didn’t really seem like a good idea either. Jinki was overwhelmed, he was not equipped to handle this.