5 teaspoons of sugar

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
For the next two weeks, Daiki and Amu had been going out together along with Ryosuke and Rio, Yuya and Fai, Hanna and Yabu, and Kim and Kei. Yuki trailed behind without her Hokuto. However, the group never fails to let her fit in. Everyone of them had became much closer. Amu's feeling towards Daiki was no longer the fan-idol feeling. It was replaced with friendly feeling and probably even more. She found herself blushing more often around Daiki and her heart had been acting really weird since then. Like...
 
 
-Example-
 
 
The eleven of them wanted to watch a horror movie despite Ryosuke's whining. After buying the tickets, Ryosuke and Rio decided that it was better if each of them held onto their own tickets. Yuki tore the tickets and gave out to them in random order. After they had gotten their own tickets, everyone suddenly became very conscious of their own seating number and began to ask each other. Amu glanced down at her own ticket.
 
 
"I'm seating at Row G-15.." Amu thought to herself quietly. She was too engrossed in her thoughts and didn't noticed that Daiki was leaning over to get a peek of her ticket.
 
 
"Yatta! Amu-chan is seating at Row G-15 right?" Daiki cheered happily. Amu snapped back into reality and was surprised to see Daiki's face being so close to hers. Her cheeks flushed pink and she took a few small steps back.
 
 
"A-ah, hai. What about you, Dai-chan?" she asked and tiptoed to look at his number.
 
 
"E-eh?! Row G-14?" she blurted out and Daiki nodded his head with a smile. Amu immediately imagined the both of them sitting together and when the scary part of the movie came in, she jumped and grabbed onto Daiki's arm which Daiki in return, put his arm around her shoulders. Her cheeks flushed into crimson red and the ten stared at her weirdly.
 
 
"Ne Amu-chan, daijoubu?" Daiki asked with concerned and put his palm on her forehead, "You're warm."
 
 
Amu snapped out of her imaginary world and took big steps backwards.
 
 
"Da-da-daijoubu!" she stammered and hid her crimson red face. The ten of them just continued to stare at her.
 
 
-End of Example-
 
 
Recently, the eleven of them weren't able to meet up regularly. It was because the JUMP members were busy preparing for their upcoming winter concert. The practices for the concert had kept them extremely busy and exhausted that they were forced to reject the girls' invitations to go out together.
 
 
Since there were only three days left before Christmas, they all of them decided that they would be meeting up with the girls and inviting them to join the other JUMP members for the celebration of Christmas. At the same time, they would introduce them to the other members too. Despite their exceptionally busy schedule, the JUMP members were still able to plan for the celebration of Christmas and Daiki, Ryosuke, Yuya, Yabu, and Kei were also trying their best to arrange a meeting time with the girls.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
As the date got nearer to Christmas, the coffeehouse was more packed than before. They were ordered to do an afternoon and evening shift as well but agreed to it wince their boss said he will give them bonuses and higher raise. However, the coffeehouse was so packed that they had to work past the closing time. After wiping down all the tables and turning the 'open' sign to 'closed', the girls collapsed onto a nearby table and exhaled from exhaustion. 
 
 
"Guys, don't you all miss them?" Amu suddenly asked, her eyes focused on the people walking past the coffeehouse outside the window.
 
 
"I'm dying without them..." Rio sighed as she muffled her voice for she was burying her head in her arms onto the table.
 
 
Fai, Kim, Hanna, and Yuki nodded in agreement.
 
 
Silence began to fill the room until Yuki brought up a question surprising the others.. Especially Amu. "You like Dai-chan, don't you?" 
 
 
 Amu was taken aback. It was too sudden. "Of course I like him. He's my ichiban after all.." She answered nervously.
 
 
"Yuki-chan, what are you talking about?" Hanna asked as she raised one an eyebrow.
 
 
"I mean, not like him as an idol.. But as a boyfriend.." Yuki then added.
 
 
The sound of the word 'boyfriend' ringed in her ears for she never thought something like this can even happen. She was a fan. He was an idol. It just doesn't contradict. She had always imagined being Daiki's but to actually "There's no way that I'm going to like him like that. He's an idol for goodness' sake!" Amu denied and tried to make it sound as if it's a ridiculous thing. 
 
 
"Amu-chan, you should be honest towards your own feelings." Yuki said in a serious tone and everyone blinked. 
 
 
No one has ever seen Yuki like this. It was even hard to believe that this girl in front of them was actually their little sister. 
 
 
Yuki let out a sigh. "I know you're shy and didn't like being in the center of attraction ever since I have got to know you in High School. Even though I only got to know those five guys-" She paused and thought for awhile.
 
 
"-no correction, those five idols, I knew one of them had taken a liking towards you. Not long ago, I just confirmed my guess. As your best friend, I strongly suggest that you should be honest with your feelings and convey it to him," Yuki continued as the others blinked again.
 
 
'Convey my feelings? It's impossible right? I don't think he would even like me. There are so many girls out there that are much better than me! No way he would choose me over them!' Amu thought.
 
 
Though Yuki was one of her best friends, she couldn't bring herself to believe Yuki's words when it comes to things like love. Those kind of things are very hard to tell. You may think that he likes you but probably in reality, he doesn't. He's just being too friendly towards you, that's all. Yuki furrowed her eyebrows. She don't understand why Amu wanted to remain in denial.
 
 
Though she didn't really asked Daiki about it, she did overheard Daiki's and Ryosuke's conversation not long ago. And Daiki sort of admitted that he did have some more-than-friends feelings for Amu. Because of that, she found herself getting angry at Amu.
 
 
"Amu-chan, stop-"
 
 
Yuki had just started talking when Amu's phone suddenly rang. Amu showed Yuki a sign, indicating that she's sorry, and answered the call.
 
 
"Moshi Moshi?"
 
 
"Hai.."
 
 
"Hai, we are all free on that day. Hai..Hai.."
 
 
Yuki just stared at her and tapped her fingers lightly against the table. Finally after a few minutes, Amu hanged up the phone. She beamed at everyone.
 
 
"Ne ne, they just asked us out on Christmas!" Amu exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.
 
 
She wanted to squeal but after knowing that she was almost caught by Yuki for her feelings towards Daiki, she attempted to control her emotions. Yuki's eyes widened and she grinned widely.
 
 
"Eh? Hontou?!" Rio asked and Amu nodded her head excitedly.
 
 
"Uwah! I didn't know they would still be able to meet up with us despite their super duper uber busy schedule!" Kim said excitedly and Fai and Hanna squealed.
 
 
"Not only we're going to celebrate Christmas with them, we're going to celebrate it with the everyone in JUMP!" Amu said, half-squeal while Yuki raised her eyebrows again.
 
 
"Dai-chan told me that the celebration is held in Ryutaro's house! Everyone in JUMP is going to be present!" Amu repeated exactly what Daiki had told her. ".. Including some of their Kouhai's meaning- some juniors!"
 
 
This time round, both the girls couldn't control their excitement and ended up squealing together. Their boss, who just came down from the second level, was caught off guard by the squealing. He stared at them from the stairs and shook his head with a smile.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
The six girls were finally home after the squealing and excitement from the call. Amu closed her bedroom door softly and placed her small tote bag on her study desk. Taking a seat on her chair, she pulled opened the drawer and took out a yellow note. It was the note that Daiki had written before he left Amu's house after he had recovered from his fever. Unconsciously, Amu smiled to herself and began to re-read the note. Suddenly, Yuki's voice re-entered her mind.
 
 
"You like Dai-chan, don't you?" Yuki asked straight-fowardly after she managed to calm herself down.
 
 
"Amu-chan, you should be honest towards your own feelings." She said in a serious tone.
 
 
"I know you're shy and didn't like being in the centre of attraction ever since I have got to know you in High School. Even though I only got to know those five guys-" 
 
 
"-no correction, those five idols, I knew one of them had taken a liking towards you. Not long ago, I just confirmed my guess. As your best friend, I strongly suggest that you should be honest with your feelings and convey it to him," Yuki continued.
 
 
Amu placed the note carefully on the table and let out a sigh.
 
 
"Honest feelings huh?" She muttered softly and placed her right palm on the spot where her heart was. It was beating at a normal rate. Then she tried to think about Daiki. To her surprise, her heart was beating faster and faster. She removed her hand and let out a sigh again.
 
 
"I like him but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him. To him, I'm a friend but actually I'm just a fan who admired him greatly. He will never like a normal girl like me..." she thought bitterly.
 
 
"To put it bluntly, I'm just a friend in disguise."
 
 
---
Author's note: this chapter is finally finished! Lets see if I can do a chapter a day! :D
 
I'm SOO motivated right now! Then I shall continue on stranded and future fate! ^^