10 teaspoons of sugar

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
It was around evening time when Daiki and Ryosuke passed by the coffeehouse on purpose just to visit their girlfriends. So did The two of them wanted to give them a surprise so they didn't informed them earlier on.
 
 
"Ichi, nii, san!"
 
 
The both of them counted in chorus and pulled open the door together. The girls were busy tidying up the place so they didn't bother to look up. Hearing the bell rang, they thought it was just an indication that there were new customers.
 
 
"Welcome!" The girls said in sync. Daiki hushed Ryosuke and the both of them went off separate ways to their own girlfriends. 
 
 
-At Ryosuke's side-
 
 
Ryosuke stood behind Rio, who was busying wiping the table, and leaned close to her left ear.
 
 
"Rio-chan~" Ryosuke sang softly in his husky voice. Rio shivered and spun around. Her legs kicked one of the chairs and she fell backwards. Ryosuke immediately wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into an embrace. She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. She was so close to falling! Then, a familiar scent of cologne washed over her and she opened her eyes. Ryosuke released the hug and stared into her eyes. Rio blinked twice.
 
 
"Ryo-ryosuke!?" Rio's voice went off-pitched. Ryosuke nodded and started laughing non-stop at her off-pitched voice. Rio frowned and hit him hard on the shoulder. She pretended to be angry and continued wiping the tables. Ryosuke wiped his tears away from the laughing before wrapping his arms around her waist.
 
 
"Rio, don't be angry ne," Ryosuke whispered lightly into her ears. He knew it was her weak spot. The same shiver shot through her body again and she sighed. There's no way she was going to be angry at Ryosuke for she knew if she does, Ryosuke would just keep attacking her weak spot. She sighed again, this time round, in defeat.
 
 
"Iie. Why are you doing here?" The curious girl asked while wiping the table. There was no reply from Ryosuke. Turning her head to the side, she could see Ryosuke snuggling against her shoulders. She clicked her tongue and spun around.
 
 
"Mou Ryosuke! Answer my question and stop snuggling on my shoulder!" Rio scolded, stamping her foot a little. Ryosuke pouted and looked at her with his puppy eyes. Rio looked away and crossed her arms against her chest.
 
 
"Ii yo, ii yo! I came here specially just to see my princess ne!" Ryosuke exclaimed cheerfully and Rio stared at him, raising an eyebrow.
 
 
"Princess?"
 
 
Ryosuke nodded his head continuously. Unable to resist any longer, Rio pinched his cheeks lightly. Ryosuke was just simply too cute to be ignored. Before Ryosuke could get his revenge, Rio planted a quick kiss on his lips and ran away to another table. Ryosuke was surprised. He watched Rio in a daze and his fingers touched his lips.
 
 
"Sh-she just kissed me..."
 
 
-At Daiki's side-
 
 
Daiki quietly tiptoed behind Amu, who was busy washing the cups and plates, and stood closed to her. He waited for a while and hugged her. Amu let out a squeak and the water came splashing out of the basin. Daiki released the hug and his arms were clutched onto his stomach. He was laughing so hard that he needed to lean against the wall for support. Amu heard the laughters and turned around. Frowning, she removed the gloves and stomped towards Daiki.
 
 
"Mou Dai-chan! It's not funny! Stop laughing!" Amu scolded as her eyebrows furrowed. Daiki tried to control his laughters but couldn't. He ended up bursting in fit of laughters again.
 
 
"De-demo, it was just too funny!" Daiki managed to say a few words before bursting out in laughters again. The scene of Amu splashing the water frantically in surprise was making him laughed uncontrollably. Tears were flowing down his cheeks and Amu frowned deeper. Turning back, she placed on the gloves and started washing the cups again. Hearing the sound of water splashing in the basin, Daiki finally stopped laughing and opened his eyes.
 
 
"Amu-chan?" Daiki called out happily. There was no reply. He started to get worried. Did he really went overboard?
 
 
"Amu-chan?" Daiki called out again, this time with hint of guilt.
 
 
"Darn, she's angry," Daiki thought mentally to himself. Little did he know that this was all part of her "silence treatment". He walked up to her side and stared at her.
 
 
"Mou Amu-chan, gomen ne!" Daiki apologized but Amu ignored it. Daiki clicked his tongue and hugged her from the back again. Amu struggled but Daiki tightened the hug.
 
 
"Arioka Daiki, you better release me this moment before I-"
 
 
Before she could complete her sentence, she turned around and only to be greeted by a warm pair of lips against hers. She stared at Daiki with her eyes wide opened. As if it was a cooling-down medicine, she felt the anger in her disappeared almost completely and responded back. Her arms were now wrapped around his neck and Daiki's arms were wrapping tightly around her waist.
 
 
Coughs,coughs!
 
 
The both of them opened their eyes and turned around. Their boss was standing at the bottom of the stairs, staring at everyone. He then looked at Amu and Daiki and shook his head.
 
 
"Teenagers these days like to display their affections in the public!" he sighed. Amu gulped and heard the other couple snickering at them. She shot them a death glare that made them shut up. The boss then shifted his gaze to Rio and Ryosuke.
 
 
"Don't laugh at them. I've caught you both kissing though it's just a quick one," he said firmly with his arms crossed. His face was expressionless. The two couples lowered their heads. They felt guilty for their actions earlier. Suddenly, they heard loud laughters and looked up. They were surprised to see the boss laughing heartily at them. They looked at each other in confusion.
 
 
"Maa maa, I was joking with the four of you earlier," he said with a smile. Looking at Ryosuke and Daiki, he nodded his head before averting his gaze to the two girls.
 
 
"Since your boyfriends have come to look for you, I guess they had managed to get some free time from their busy work to spend time with you both," he said with a wink. Rio and Amu looked at each other then at the boss.
 
 
"Dakara, I'm letting the both of you to go off early today! Enjoy the time with your boyfriends ne!" he said happily before whistling while walking up the stairs. Both girls looked at each other before grinning widely and hugged their own boyfriends happily. The girls went up to get ready and came down a few minutes later. "Four of you?" The two wondered. The two girls then glanced around the restaurant just to find out that they've been abandoned by their beloved friends. The question was.. When? And why?
 
 
"Ikou!" Daiki shouted and grabbed Amu's hand which Ryosuke did the same to Rio too.
 
 
"Ch-chotto!" both girls said together. The two guys turned around and stared at them.
 
 
"Where are we going?" Amu asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.
 
 
"Himitsu!" the guys replied together this time round and winked at each other. Ignoring the protests and complains from the girls, the guys intertwined their fingers with their girlfriends and pulled them to their so-called secret place.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu finished up the last bit of her ramen and placed her chopsticks on the bowl. Taking a packet of tissue from her tote bag, she tore it open and took out one piece of tissue. She wiped and caught Daiki staring at her.
 
 
"You want a piece of tissue?" Amu asked, pushing the packet to Daiki. He shook his head and shifted his gaze to the one in her hands. She caught him looking at her used tissue and stifled a laugh.
 
 
"You want me to help you wipe your mouth using this?" Amu asked, raising an eyebrow and held up the tissue. By then, Ryosuke and Rio were already watching them silently. Daiki nodded his head and leaned forward. Amu leaned in and was about to wipe his mouth when she felt the other couple staring at them. Heat crept up her cheeks and she quickly dabbed the tissue lightly on Daiki's mouth before throwing it onto his hand.
 
 
"Mou, do it yourself!" Amu looked away, flustered and embarrassed at the same time. The other couple giggled and acted out the whole scene again. In the end, the four of them burst out laughing. After an hour of chatting,the two couples decided to head home. They got separated at the junction. Ryosuke planned to introduce his beloved Rio to his family while Daiki suggested to his girlfriend home.
 
 
"Oyasumi, Rio-chan, Yama-chan! Ja ne!" Amu said and waved. Daiki waved back and the both of them watched the other couple walked down the opposite lane.
 
 
"Ikou ne?" Daiki said, stretching out his hand. Amu nodded with smiled and took his hand. Their fingers intertwined again and they walked down the lane togther, enjoying each second that ticked by. At last, they reached the shared house. Amu released their intertwined fingers and opened the gate.
 
 
"Oyasumi, Dai-chan!" Amu said with a smile.
 
 
"Oyasumi, Amu-chan," Daiki whispered softly and hugged her. As he released the hug, he brushed away a few strands of hair on her face.
 
 
"Sleep well ne? See you tomorrow then," Daiki whispered softly again and patted her head. Amu nodded and watched Daiki's backview become smaller. She then felt her heart pounding hard against her rib cage. That feeling again.
 
 
"Da-Daiki!"
 
 
Daiki stopped on his tracks and turned around. The next thing he knew, a pair of soft lips was pressed tightly against his. He blinked as Amu broke the kiss. She looked away shyly and her cheeks were now flushed pink. Luckily, the breeze came and blew her hair lightly to hide away her reddened cheeks.
 
 
"Ma-maa! O-oyasumi!" Amu stammered and rushed into the gate, locking it. Daiki heard the front door closed with a loud bang. He chuckled at her cuteness and shook his head. As he turned around, he spotted a shooting star across the sky.
 
 
"It's beautiful," he thought with a smile.
 
 
"I wonder if she saw it too."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu rushed up to her room and closed the door. No one was home yet for she was the only one in the house. She grabbed the spot where her heart was located at and felt her cheeks getting warm. Just then, her room suddenly lit up and she rushed to the window.
 
 
"Uwahh! It's a shooting star!" Amu gasped, amazed by it.
 
 
"Quick! I must make a wish!" Amu thought and clasped both her hands together. Shutting her eyes, she made her wish.
 
 
"I wish that Dai-chan and I would last forever. Our love would be for eternity."
 
 
She opened her eyes and saw the shooting star gone off. She smiled to herself and the room darkened again. Plopping onto her fluffy bed, she felt her eyelids becoming heavier and heavier as each second passed. Finally, she drifted off to sleep. 
 
 
All she hoped for was an eternal love together with Daiki.
 
 
However, nothing lasts forever. Especially when it comes to love.