And the bitterness just gets worse~

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
 
Daiki tugged his coat a little and wrapped the orange with black stripes muffler tightly around his neck. Closing the front door behind him, he walked his way to the train station. 
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
"Konnichiwa, Matsumoto Atsuko desu," she introduced herself and extended out her hand. Daiki stared at Amu, who stretched out her hand, and shook Atsuko's hand.
 
 
"Konnichiwa, Sa-"
 
 
"Atsuko, let me introduce you to my current girlfriend," Daiki cut off Amu's sentence and placed his arm around Amu's waist, pulling him close to her. Atsuko's gaze lingered at Daiki's arm that was wrapped around Amu's waist.
 
 
"This is Kitagawa Amu," Daiki said with a smile. Atsuko quickly shifted her gaze to Daiki then to Amu and smiled.
 
 
"Naruhodo. Kawaii na~" Atsuko complimented as she pinched Amu's cheeks. Amu blushed at the compliment and shook her head.
 
 
"Maa, it's a long time since I've met you, why don't I treat you both to a drink?" Atsuko asked, looking at the couple. Daiki immediately answered. "No thanks." Atsuko frowned. "Well then, There's an event in our old highschool." She started, handing him a white envelope. "Details are all inside." 
 
 
Daiki stared at the envelope before taking it. Without reading it, he shoved it into his large pockets. "Alright." He then said. "I still have to continue the date with my girlfriend so will you please excuse us.." Daiki politely remarked as he grabbed Amu's hand and took off quickly. 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
--later that night--
 
 
"Eh? Class gathering?" Daiki asked in surprise, holding his phone closer to his ear. Atsuko had called him around six. He deleted her number but seeing an unknown number, he unconsciously picked up not knowing that Atsuko was on the other line.
 
 
"Why so sudden?" Daiki asked again. It had been almost three years since the last gathering and Daiki had already graduated from high school four years ago. He don't understand why they would want to organize a gathering so suddenly.
 
 
"Because my Onii-chan just opened a new pub and he's inviting all his friends to attend the opening. And he thought that it might be a good occasion to have a class gathering too," Atsuko simply replied and took a sip of her drink in which Daiki heard the clear sips through the phone.
 
 
"Uwah! Kyousuke opened a new pub? Kakoi!" Daiki exclaimed. Then, once he realized his recent actions, he cleared his throat and spoke again in a calm matter. "Ahh souka.." He said. However, Kyousuke and Daiki were really close in the past. Almost brothers as if in fact. However, ever since the Atsuko and Daiki broke up, the friendship between him and her older brother demolished. "I'll go.." He finally replied. 
 
 
"Yay! Kyousuke will be super happy!.... Uso! It's evening already? I've got to go! See you!" Atsuko gasped loudly before Ending the call, leaving a long "beeeeeep" rigging in Daiki's ears.
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
As he got closer to the newly opened pub, he could hear the noise getting louder and louder. He straightened himself while looking at his reflection on the black glass window outside the pub. Taking the gift he had bought earlier on his hands, he entered the pub. It was definitely crowded with people who had came here to congratulate him. He walked around, trying to find Kyousuke. Finally, he spotted him talking to a group of girls.
 
 
"Yo Kyou!" Daiki greeted with a smile as he tapped on Kyousuke's shoulder.
 
 
"Oh! Ari-chan!" Kyousuke said happily as he gave him a brother hug.
 
 
"It's been a long time since our last meeting ne?" Daiki said and Kyousuke nodded.
 
 
"Onii-chan!"
 
 
Both of them turned around and saw Atsuko running towards them.
 
 
"Onii-chan, Takeru and his fri-" Atsuko stopped when she spotted Daiki. Immediately, she smiled widely at him.
 
 
"Daiki! You came!" she exclaimed happily. Daiki nodded and flashed her a small smile. Kyousuke tapped on her shoulder which caused her to turn around.
 
 
"You said Takeru and his friends are what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
 
"Oh! They are looking for you!" she continued and pointed in their direction. Kyousuke turned around and spotted his friends. He gave them a wave, indicating that he would be there shortly. Turning back, he threw his arms around Atsuko's shoulder and looked at Daiki with a grin.
 
 
"Ne Ari-chan, take care of my imouto-chan while I'm away. She tends to disappear suddenly. Well, see you both later," Kyousuke said, withdrawing his arm from Atsuko's shoulder and ruffled her hair lightly before walking away.
 
 
"Mou Onii-chan!" Atsuko pouted but Kyousuke ignored it and headed towards his friends. The both of them looked at each other and stood in an awkward silence. It was kind of weird being alone with your former girlfriend again. Silence and awkwardness quickly filled up the atmosphere between them. Then Atsuko decided to break the silence.
 
 
"Maa, do you want to go out for a walk? This place is getting stuffy with the amount of people arriving?" Atsuko asked, looking around. Daiki thoroughly thought about this and finally came up with his answer. "We'll, there's nothing else to do I guess and I don't know much people here so I guess so.."
 
 
Daiki tugged onto his muffler and Atsuko glanced hardly at it.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Here," Daiki said as he passed her a can of mocha coffee.
 
 
"Arigatou," she thanked and popped the can opened. She took a sip of her drink and sighed. Daiki took a sip of his coffee too and leaned against the backrest of the bench.
 
 
"How have you been?" he asked casually, looking up at the sky.
 
 
"Fine. I broke up with him," she answered, rubbing her hands against the can. Daiki sat up and stared at her.
 
 
"When?"
 
 
"A month after we broke up."
 
 
"Oh."
 
 
Daiki looked away and nodded slightly. Memories of the past began tried to enter his mind but he blocked it away. They weren't good memories anyway.
 
 
"Since you had asked about me earlier, why not talk about you then? How's you and Amu-chan?" she asked this time round, taking a sip of her coffee.
 
 
"Maa, it's good. Just that I don't understand why paparazzi refused to leave us alone," Daiki said and took a big gulp of his coffee. Hearing that, she secretly smirked. Paparazzi? He's too dense. They would rather go for Ryosuke than him. He will never guess who the culprit is.
 
 
"Well, you're famous! Of course they won't leave you alone!" she exclaimed casually, still secretly smirking. Daiki let out a sigh.
 
 
"They are giving me tons of trouble. I swear if I spot them on streets taking pictures, I'll definitely bash them up," Daiki said angrily through his gritting teeth and clenched his fist tight. 
 
 
Atsuko's smirked immediately disappeared. Bashing them up?
 
 
"Demo, didn't Johnny-san get angry about it?" she asked with hint of frustration and her eyebrows furrowed.
 
 
"Yeah, he did. But he sort of gave me a chance," Daiki answered with a small smile. Atsuko relaxed a little.
 
 
"Chance ne?" Atsuko smugged at the thought of it.
 
 
"Maa, that's good ne?" she said which Daiki nodded.
 
 
"Demo, if Johnny-san really forced the both of you to break up, by threatening you with your popularity, you would break up with her right?" she asked, taking the last sip of her coffee. The question had been bugging her, so she needed to get an answer from Daiki.
 
 
"Zetai muri desu ."
 
 
Atsuko glanced up at him in astonishment and he stared back at her. He would rather defy Johnny-san than breaking up with Amu-chan even if his current popularity is at stake?
 
 
"I'll never break up with her. Even if Johnny-san is to chase me out of Johnny Entertainment," Daiki replied firmly. Atsuko gritted her teeth and clenched the can tightly in her hands.
 
 
"You forced me to do this," Atsuko thought angrily. Daiki drank up the last sip of his coffee and looked at his watch.
 
 
"I think it's about time we head back or Kyou will be worried about you," Daiki said and stood up, totally unnoticed about the change in Atsuko's expression.
 
 
"She lied to you," Atsuko growled through her gritting teeth. Daiki turned around and stared at her.
 
 
"Who?"
 
 
"Amu-chan." 
 
 
Daiki tilted his head to the side and his face showed confusion.
 
 
"Why would she? You must have mistaken it, Atsuko," Daiki said with a laugh and started to walk away.
 
 
"Dame, I heard it clearly from herself," Atsuko said angrily, her hands still grabbed tightly onto the can. Daiki stopped on his tracks but he didn't turn around.
 
 
"Kitagawa Amu is a fan of you. She's a fan of Arioka Daiki," Atsuko said, finally looking up at Daiki. The can in Daiki's hand fell onto the floor with a loud clung. Turning around, he met her eyes.
 
 
"Repeat your words again," Daiki ordered, anger rising up inside him.
 
 
"Kitagawa Amu is a fan of you, Arioka Daiki."
 
 
--
Authors note: 
 
I'm enjoying this too much =.= anyways, I finished all these chapters during student council when NO ONE SHOWED UP.. So yeah~
 
Beware! There's going to be a whole lot of torture in the next one! It might even be partially angst.. =/ anyways, just let me torture my beloved dai-chan for a while nee~ ^^