1 teaspoon of sugar~

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
~.~.~.~.~
"Amu-chan is late... Again." Kim shook her head as the others began their job in the warm cozy cafe. The aroma of coffee mixed in with just a hint of the aroma from the hot chocolate filled the small area as Rio and Fai slouched against a pillar, exhausted from the excessive work they were experiencing. It was roughly around nine in the morning and everyday people were flooding into the small packed area. 
 
 
"You know..." Hanna began. "It's so not fair that even when Amu comes in let, she still gets paid the same wage as us.." 
 
 
"Well, despite her laziness and her often hours of dazing off into a slumber, I would say she has one of the hardest jobs of this cafe after all." Yuki asserted. 
 
 
"Oh, you mean that job..." Hanna remembered as she folded her arms onto her chest. 
 
 
It was just then when Amu, herself, came barging into the cafe, shaking off the water in which was planted onto her white umbrella. "GOMENASAI" She bowed to the others after she tore off her rain-jacket and placed it on the table in the back of the counter. "Which tables needs to have their order taken?"
 
 
"Just table three" Kim smiled as she threw Amu her notepad and pen. 
 
 
Swiftfully, the shorter girl enclosed the set into her palms and smiled back. "Roger that." She saluted before heading off to take the customer's orders. 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Rush hour has finally passed and the place finally began to settle down. Only four out of fifteen tables were occupied, meaning, the girl's morning shifts for that day were nearly finished. The display cases in which contained cakes and bread were almost close to empty as Amu was sent out into the cold to pick up the new orders. "This is my punishment I guess.." Ami shrugged, stuffing the receipt into her jacket pocket. 
 
---
 
Rain poured heavily in the streets of Tokyo. People were rushing to the nearest shelter they could find. Some were using their jackets,, newspapers, or anything available on their hands to cover themselves while others held tightly onto their umbrellas and quickened their paces, hoping to reach their destination as soon as possible. Since everyone was in a rush, nobody bothered to take a glance or offer to shelter the drenched young man - or I should say, Arioka Daiki.
 
 
Daiki clutched tightly onto his fully-damped muffler which was wrapped around his neck and his fingers were stiffed cold from walking hours in the rain. He didn't bothered to get an umbrella or rushed to the nearest shelter. Instead, he continued his slow pace under the heavy rain until he reached the park. No one was there. Well, why would they be? It was pouring.
 
 
The only sound present was the sound of raindrops splattering onto the ground and benches. He took a seat on the nearest wet bench, not worried about his pants getting soaked. He leaned his back against the backrest of the bench and looked up. Dark grey sky and grey clouds stared down at him gloomily. Heavy rain poured down heartlessly. The current sky described his feelings perfectly.
 
 
Abandoned.
 
 
Despair.
 
 
Heartbroken. 
 
 
Yes, heartbroken. He smiled bitterly and let the rain washed his tears away. Today was the day where his heart had been shattered into millions pieces, far beyond mending. Arioka Daiki had officially fallen out of love. Both his hands were clutching tightly onto his winter coat, directly on the spot where his heart was. His heart was aching badly. Knowing that the park was deserted, he cried his heart out for the first and hopefully, the last.
 
 
As she walked with her own pace, Amu listened to the songs sang by her favourite artists. She was a 18-year-old student who had just graduated from high school. You see, Amu, Rio, Fai, Kim, Hanna, and Yuki were living temporarily in Tokyo, Japan. And of course they only had one reason for this: to meet their ichibans. Well, what kind of fan-girl doesn't want to meet her beloved idol?
 
 
After few weeks passed, the six girls found themselves with empty wallets for they couldn't believe they used up all their money on accessories, stationary, clothes, and Meiji chocolates. They were down to the red mark and couldn't stay that way without getting threats from the land-owner to pay up the rent. 
 
 
After trying for many interviews, they finally got a job at the small coffeehouse which was only a few blocks away from their house. Even though they met through fictions on asianfanfics, the six grew unbelievably close to each other for nothing could ever break their strong friendship bond apart. 
 
 
For Amu, Despite of her flaws, she was really caring and helpful that had earned her many admirers in high school. However, due to her shy nature, she didn't dare to talk to any of them and ended up rejecting all. Recently, she had been flailing over a particular boyband group that was a current hit in Japan. The boyband was none other than Hey! Say! JUMP, a group consisting of ten good-looking and talented guys from a company called Johnny's Entertainment. Probably due to her shyness, she preferred Daiki more than Ryosuke. She found Ryosuke too daring and maybe just a little too much for her to list him as her ichiban. But looking at Daiki, she found him really cute and had a warm feeling when she saw him on variety shows shown on the television.
 
 
Just as one of her favorite songs, "Ai Kotoba" by Sato Tomohisa came up, she found herself walking into the wrong direction. As Amu looked around the place, her eyes landed on a guy who was sitting on the bench at the park on the opposite lane. She squinted her eyes and took a closer at the figure.
 
 
"Why is that guy sitting on a wet bench under such a heavy rain? Does he really wants to catch a terrible cold so badly?" She thought to herself in disbelief.
 
 
Amu found it ridiculous and decided to cross the road to shelter the person. Her music player was still playing the song 'Ai Kotoba'. Usually, she would immediately changed the track if it's not sang by Hey! Say! JUMP. However, that day was exceptional. Somehow, she found the song really nice. After crossing over to the opposite lane, she quickened her pace as she approached the figure. Finally, she reached the guy and sheltered him with her umbrella. 
 
 
Looking at him, she felt a weird tingling feeling. She saw how rhe complexion of fhe boy's skin marched with his attire. His hair was golden brown and the figure of him gave Amu a nostalagic feeling as if she had seen this man before. At that moment, the guy looked up and her eyes widened. The guy whom she had just sheltered in the rain was her current ichiban - Arioka Daiki. Immediately, her left hand shook. She didn't dare to look into his eyes. When she finally summed up her courage, her left hand stopped shaking and her gaze softened.
 
 
The Arioka Daiki sitting right in front of her was not the same as the Arioka Daiki she saw on the television shows. His eyes were puffy red and sad, his tears were probably mixed together with the rain and his face was gloomy. If any fan girl saw him in that current state, they would never believed that he was Arioka Daiki.
 
 
"A-ano...," Amu started but stopped when she felt a cold hand grabbed onto her wrist. She looked up and saw Daiki standing in front of her.
 
 
"A..rigatou...miss...I think...I-I can go back...myself..." she heard him mumbled softly and flashing a small smile at her. She slightly nodded her head, unsure of whether she should trust his words. Through his words earlier, she could hear slight chattering as he mumbled.
 
 
"I think he has been in the rain for quite a long time. His hand was cold. Icy cold," she thought while watching him walk away. She saw him folded his arms tightly, trying to keep himself warm and walking slowly. Her eyes then widened when she saw him stumble and rushed to help him. She grabbed his arms and tried to get him to stand straight. That was when she saw his face slightly flushed red and immediately placed her right palm on his forehead. She gasped softly. He was running a high fever. Quickly, she placed his right arm around her neck and her left arm around his waist. Walking in the fastest pace she could, she wanted to get him home quickly. Her shyness had been thrown far off to the back of her mind and getting him home was her first priority.

 

"I'm sorry for letting you guys down again." Amu frowned upon the rememberence of the receipt in her right pocket. "Demo, this matter is something that must be taken care of first." 

 

-----------------------------------

 

Author's note: Hai~ chapter one is DONE! Phew~ 

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT~! I have to change my grammar and vocabulary soon~ I need new words.. *^*