The second addition

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
The engagement ceremony had finally ended and it was already quite late in the night. The rest of JUMP and Amu waited for the other guests to congratulate the newly couple before approaching them last.
 
 
"Yo!" Hikaru shouted as they approached the couple after the last pair of guests had congratulated them. The couple averted their gaze to them and smiled.
 
 
"Hey Hikaru!" Ryosuke shouted back and waved. The JUMP members gathered together while Rio and the others dragged Amu to a corner.
 
 
"Ne Rio, congratulations on your engagement with Ryo-chan," Amu congratulated with a smile and patted Rio hands. Rio nodded and returned a smile.
 
 
"Amu-chan, it's late already. We will take you home nee? You can travel with me and Ryosuke if you don't mind," Rio asked with concern. Amu shook her head and flashed her smug look.
 
"I'll be a bright gooseberry if I travel with you both. I don't want to see any mushy things happening in front while I'm sitting at the back!" Amu exclaimed softly with a smirk and Rio blushed.
 
"Mou, then who will you be going home with? Yuya, Kota, Kei and Dai-chan have cars," Kim asked while counting. Amu shook her head again.
 
 
"Ryutaro and Yuuri will be traveling with Yuya, Hikaru will be traveling Kota and Yuto will be with Kei," Amu answered. That was what the guys had planned earlier at the table. Then Fai looked at her with her eyes sparkling.
 
 
"Ah! Wakata! Then you will travel with Dai-chan!" Fai exclaimed happily and Amu stared at her, stunned. Traveling back with Daiki alone? No, she couldn't face him yet.
 
 
"E-eh? Ah, daijoubu! I can really go off myself," Amu reassured Dai and dragged them back to the guys. "Besides.. I miss this place. I want to give myself a little re-tour.."Amu said before waving goodbye and headed off. She didn't even give any chance for the guys to offer her a ride home. Immediately, everyone shifted their stares to Daiki. Turning around, he was surprised to see so many pairs of eyes on him.
 
 
"Na-nani?"
 
 
"It's your chance, Dai-chan!" Hikaru exclaimed, pointing at the door. Daiki bit his lips. Should he?
 
 
"Come on, Dai-chan! Stop hesitating! She's going off already!" Yuto said impatiently and Daiki looked at the door. Had he already prepared himself to meet her?
 
 
Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulders and turned around.
 
 
"Yama-chan.."
 
 
"Go after her now. You never know when you'll see her again. Probably this might be the last," Ryosuke said softly and patted his shoulders. The last sentence struck him. Last time to see her?
 
 
-Flashback- 
 
 
Looking at Daiki was hesitating, Kota released his grip and turned around.
 
 
"Do what you wish. But I've to warn you, some chances are given once and that's it. You think through about it," Kota said firmly before walking away.
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
"I'm going after her now," Daiki muttered and ran out of the door. The other members and the girls glanced at each other and grinned.
 
 
"Well, looks like we're going to attend another couple's engagement ceremony soon!"
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu walked slowly at her own pace while humming her favourite song 'Time' by Hey! Say! JUMP. The song 'Time' described the separation of a couple who loved each other deeply. The couple broke up and headed their own ways. And when they met each other again, though there might not be love anymore, there'll still be smiles and the time will start ticking again. She suddenly stopped on her tracks.
 
 
"Why am I humming this song? Isn't the lyrics of this song describing the current situation I'm in now?" she thought, puzzled.
 
 
Unconsciously, she touched the spot where her heart was located at. Her heart was beating very fast.
 
 
"Nande...?"
 
 
Just as Amu looked straight, she realised that she was walking in the wrong direction. She wanted to face-palm herself badly.
 
 
"Yabai! I walked the wrong direction," she scolded herself mentally and let out a sigh. Turning to her side, she caught a glimpse of the bench. She squinted at the bench and felt a tingling feeling. As though someone had gained control her body, Amu found herself crossing over to the other side of the pavement and walking towards the bench. As she got closer to the bench, her heart clenched tighter. There was the deja vu feeling within her. Feeling tired, she sat down on the bench and leaned against the backrest. Her legs were numb after walking for almost two hours in the high-heels that was killing her foot. Suddenly, it struck her. She finally knew what the deja vu feeling was. That was the place when she first met Daiki five years ago.
 
 
Droplets of water fell onto her arms and she looked up. The sky was dark and the clouds were grey, but it's not raining yet. Automatically, her hands reached up to her cheeks. Then it hit her. She was crying! No matter how many times she tried to wipe away the tears, it was just kept on flowing. At last, she gave up and let the tears flowed down her cheeks.
 
 
"Nande?" she mumbled softly. Droplets of water hit her arms again and she looked up. This time round it was really raining. As the rain got heavier and heavier, she didn't bothered to run to a shelter. Earlier before she left her house, despite her Hanna's warning that it might rain that night, she ignored it and left her umbrella at home. In the heavy rain, she was totally drenched. Her dress made of silk was now clinging onto her body and it felt hundred times heavier. Her beautiful hair was completely wet and her fringe sticked onto her forehead. She let the rain mixed with her tears and flowed down freely from her cheeks.
 
 
"I thought I had forgotten about him already. I had worked so hard during those five years just to forget about them. Everyday I just buried myself in those piles of books and homeworks. When Yama sent me those VIP tickets, I kept them in the drawer but I didn't attend. I don't want my efforts to go into the drain. Nande..? Why can't I forget him?" she thought and cried even harder. Memories of the past flooded into her mind. Those sweet kisses they had shared, those sweet hugs and sweet times holding their hands together. It should all had been the past. She should be moving on now and finding someone better. But why couldn't she?
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Daiki secretly followed her in his car. He was worried for her safety and at the same time, he wanted to grab his chance to be alone with her. He watched her sat down on the bench and seemed to be in deep thoughts. Probing his left arm on the letch of his car window, he leaned his cheek against his palm and watched her every action. A familiar feeling washed over him again.
 
 
"Where have I seen this before?" he thought with his gaze still fixed on her.
 
 
His eyes widened. That was before he confessed to her. He felt his heart skipped a beat and focused even more on Amu.
 
"I musn't lose this chance!" he thought determintly. Just as he was about to open the door, he heard the sound of water splattering on the roof of his car. He glanced in Amu's direction and realized that it was raining.
 
 
"Yabai! It's raining!" he muttered and he watched Amu still sitting on the bench. She didn't move, not even a single bit.
 
 
"Baka! Is she trying to get herself sick?" he scolded softly in disbelief. Opening his car door, he ran towards her.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Ne, do you really want to get yourself sick?"
 
 
Amu's eyes widened. That voice. No, don't tell me it's...
 
 
She turned around and tried to look up at the person. It's him, Arioka Daiki. She blinked. Automatically, the first thing she did was to look away and hide her tear-strickened face.
 
 
"W-why do you even bother? Shouldn't you be on your way home now?" Amu snapped as she tried to wipe off her tears. As she stood up from the bench, her legs suddenly gone numb and staggered a little. Daiki saw it and immediately grabbed her.
 
 
"Daijoubu?" he asked with concern. Her vision started to get blurry and her head was spinning. She shook her head and pried herself off from his grip.
 
 
"Da-daijoubu. You should go back now," she said coldly and started to walk away. The moment she walked past him, she stumbled and luckily, Daiki grabbed hold of her just in time.
 
 
"Amu-chan!" he shouted and pulled her into his arms. His eyebrows furrowed and immediately placed his palm on her forehead.
 
 
"Damn it, she's having a fever!" he cursed under his breath. Quickly, he carried her in the princess-style and ran to his car that was parked nearby. He placed her gently in the front seat and buckled her seatbelt. He slided into the driver's seat and drove her back to his place. He couldn't possibly sent her in that state back to her friends, for they would be shock and worried. On the way to his house, he stole a few glances at Amu and noticed that she was breaking out cold-sweats.
 
 
"Hang in there Amu. We're reaching soon. Just hang in there."