Without Sugar, will the coffee be perfect?

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

-Flashback-
 
 
"Daijoubu da yo nantoka naru yo
Sonna koto shika ienai kedo
Itsu datte soba ni iru yo~"
 
 
"Moshi Moshi?" Amu said, clipping the phone between her neck and shoulders while surfing the net.
 
 
"Amu-chan~"
 
 
Amu stopped typing on her keyboard and immediately held her phone tightly to her ears.
 
 
"Dai-chan!" she replied happily.
 
 
"Hai! Maa, what are you doing now?"
 
 
"Oh, I'm searching for information on the various of universities."
 
 
"Naruhodo. Which university do you want enter?"
 
 
"Eto..I haven't decide yet. Actually, I didn't want to enter university but Kaa-san kept on pestering me to go," she complained with a pout. She heard Daiki laughing on the other line.
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, why did you call me all of a sudden?"
 
 
"Ah, are you free tomorrow?" Her heart skipped a beat.
 
 
"H-hai. Nande?"
 
 
"Let's go out for a date!" Hearing the word 'date', her heart immediately went on a race.
 
 
"Da-date?!"
 
 
"Un! Date at the amusement park!" Her free hand up went to her cheeks. It felt warm.
 
 
"I know you're blushing now. Amu-chan wa cho kawaii ne~" Daiki said into the phone as Amu giggled softly.
 
 
"Un, okay. What time shall we meet?"
 
 
"Yatta! A date with Amu-chan tomorrow! Let's meet at ten in the morning. I'll come to your house to fetch you." Amu nodded her head.
 
 
"Hai! Maa, it's late already. Oyasumi, Dai-chan!"
 
 
"Oyasumi, Amu-chan."
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
"Ahhhhhhhhh!" Amu screamed loudly. Since there's no one at home, she wasn't worried about having her friends coming up to knock on her door. Amu lied in bed as she thought of Fai, Kim, Hanna, and Yuki's expression when they got home. Those four had been acting strange.. As for Rio, well her daydreams were normal~! After lying on the bed for a few minutes, Amu suddenly sat up. Turning around, she stared at the wall clock in horror.
 
 
"Uso!" she screamed again and ran to her closet. Ten more minutes before Daiki would arrive outside her house and she still haven't prepare herself yet! Quickly, she scrummage through her closet, picking out the most suitable clothing. Five minutes later, she was all ready. Grabbing the medium size sling bag, she walked slowly towards the front door. She looked out of the window and saw Daiki waiting outside the gate. Smiling to herself, she opened the door excitedly.
 
 
"Ohayo Dai-chan!" she greeted loudly. Daiki, who was blowing his hands to keep himself warm, turned around and spotted her.
 
 
"Ohayo Amu chan!" he shouted back and waved. Amu locked the door behind her and jogged towards him. Daiki took a good look at her and smiled.
 
 
"Amu-chan looks really cute today," he said with his trademark smile and ruffled her hair lightly. Amu was wearing a denim romper with a white long sleeve wool turtle neck shirt on the inside. She also wore black stocking to keep her legs warm and a beige coloured fluffy ugg ankle boots.
 
 
"Ja, ikou!" Daiki said and Amu nodded. On the way, Amu took out her white gloves and put it on. Glancing to her side, she saw Daiki wearing her hand-made muffler.
 
 
"Ah!"
 
 
It caught Daiki's attention and he turned around.
 
 
"Nani? Daijoubu?" Daiki asked worriedly. He was afraid that Amu had tripped or something. Amu shook her head and smiled.
 
 
"Nandemonai. I'm just happy that you're wearing the muffler," Amu answered softly. Hearing that, Daiki touched the muffler. Realizing that Amu wasn't wearing a muffler, Daiki unwrapped the muffler and wrapped it around her.
 
 
"Here, let's share it together ne?" Daiki said as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Amu blushed and nodded her head.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Upon reaching the amusement park, Amu dragged Daiki towards the roller coaster section. Though Daiki wasn't that afraid of roller coaster, he had his limitations too. To his horror, Amu chose the one that was way out of his limitations.
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, let's ride that one!" Amu exclaimed happily, dragging the poor Daiki along. As they took their seats, Daiki was already feeling very uneasy. The roller coaster started moving and slowly went up the slope. As it got nearer and nearer to the tip of the slope, Daiki looked down and gulped. The slope was definitely very high. Just as the second passed, the roller coaster moved down the slope in fast speed and Daiki shut his eyes closed. He was so scared that he grabbed onto Amu's hand tightly. At last, the roller coaster reached back to the entrance. 
 
 
"It was fun ne?" Amu asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt. There was no reply from Daiki. She looked to her side and to her horror, Daiki's face was drained white.
 
 
"Dai-chan! Dai-chan! Daijoubu?" she asked anxiously and shook his shoulders lightly. She quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and helped him out of the seat. They walked to the nearest bench and sat down. Squatting down, she faced Daiki and held his face in her hands.
 
 
"Dai-chan, don't scare me! Daijoubu?" she asked anxiously again. Daiki looked at her and shook his head. Amu stood up and looked around. Then she spotted a convenience store nearby.
 
 
"Dai-chan, wait here alright? I'll be right back," Amu said quickly and rushed to the store. She asked the shopkeeper for a cup of warm water and brought it back to Daiki.
 
 
"Open your mouth," she ordered and Daiki obeyed. After drinking two cups of warm water, Daiki's face finally got back its colour. Amu let out a sigh in relieve and hugged him tightly.
 
 
"Baka, don't scare me like this!" Amu scolded lightly and sniffled. She was really worried. Daiki returned the hug and patted her back.
 
 
"Gomen ne. I'm alright now," Daiki apologised with a smile. Seeing that Amu was almost at the verge of crying, he cracked some jokes and made her laughed. Finally,  was smiling again.
 
 
"Dai-chan, do you want to go to the haunted house?" Amu asked this time round. She was afraid that Daiki would be like earlier on and decided that she should ask first. Though Amu was afraid of haunted house,  he felt bad for making her so worried just now and just wanted to spend close time with her so decided to bring her to the haunted house.
 
 
"Un, ikou," Daiki replied with a smile. Intertwining their fingers, he pulled her towards the haunted house. Amu. was. terrified. At first, Daiki was really scared and the both of them hurdled together while walking. After a while, Daiki found out that haunted house wasn't actually that scary and decided to protect Amu. He placed his arm around her waist and pulled her closed to him. Finally, they had successfully got out of the haunted house.
 
 
"Yokata! It was so scary inside!" Amu exclaimed and shivered. Daiki chuckled at her reaction. Amu playfully hit Daiki on the shoulders. She was about to reply when she heard their stomaches grumbling.
 
 
"Maa, I guess it's lunch time ne?" Daiki said with a grin. Intertwining their fingers again, they headed towards the nearby restaurant to fill up their empty stomaches.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Uwahhh, I'm really full now!" Amu exclaimed after wiping cleaned with a piece of tissue. She caught Daiki staring at her again and this time round, she pushed the packet of tissue to him. Daiki shook his head and pointed at the tissue in her hands.
 
 
"Dame, clean it yourself," Amu said sternly. Daiki pouted and gave her his puppy look. She looked away, knowing that she would definitely fall for it.
 
 
"Amu~" Daiki whined and reached out to tug lightly on her sleeve. Amu sighed in defeat. There's no way she could stop giving in to him if he continued with his constant whining and puppy look.
 
 
"Ii yo,ii yo. Only this time!" Amu said and leaned in. She dabbed the tissue on his mouth unwillingly. Daiki flashed his cute smile and Amu returned a glare which he just chuckled at it. After paying for their meals, they went out of the restaurant and headed towards the park nearby. The park was filled up with sakura trees. Some of it had already fully bloomed while others were half way opened.
 
 
"It's really pretty," Amu mumbled softly and the breeze came, blowing the sakura petals off from the flowers. Daiki was staring at Amu the whole time. Unconsciously, he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ears.
 
 
"Amu-chan is pretty too," Daiki whispered softly and it made Amu stared at him. She blushed and looked away.
 
 
"Ah Dai-chan, let's go there!" Amu said excitedly, pointing at the other side of the park. She grabbed Daiki's hand and pulled him along. Suddenly, Daiki stopped on his tracks. Amu stopped too and looked up at him.
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, why aren't you moving?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. Silence. Following his gaze, she spotted a young lady with a camera. The lady was taking a picture of a sakura tree. Just then, the lady turned around and stared back at them. To Amu's surprise, the lady walked towards them and stopped right in front of Daiki.
 
 
"Atsuko.."
 
 
That's the only word that came out of his mouth. The lady smiled.
 
 
"It's been a long time ne, Daiki," she replied casually. Amu just stared at them in confused. Atsuko? It sounded so familar. Where had I heard it before?
 
 
The lady spotted her and smiled.
 
 
"Konnichiwa, Matsumoto Atsuko desu," she introduced herself and extended out her hand.