The coffee gets thrown out..

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
 
"Maa Amu-chan! Can you please stop looking at the wall clock for once?" Rio complained as she wiped the table nearer to the counter. Amu flashed her a grin
 
 
"Gomen ne, Rio-chan," Amu apologized and giggled slightly. The others shook their heads and let out a sigh. Ever since Amu started dating with Daiki, she had been on cloud nine the whole time. They couldn't blame her either. And earlier in the day, Amu came in with a bento pack. 
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
The bell rang and Yuki looked up just in time to see Amu carrying a bento pack while walking past her.
 
 
"Ne Amu-chan, what's with that?" Yuki asked, pointing at the bento pack. Amu looked down at the pack and gave Rio her biggest smile.
 
 
"It's for Dai-chan! I spent the whole morning making it!" Amu answered cheerfully and skipped up the stairs. 
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
As the clock strike five-thirty in the evening, Amu quickly placed the cleaned cups and plates on the top shelves and ran upstairs. She took off her apron within seconds and quickly grabbed her bag and bento pack before running back down
 
 
"Guys, I'm going now! Jyane!" Amu saluted while running past the girls. Before anyone could reply her, Amu was already out of the coffeehouse. Rio sighed again and shook her head.
 
 
"She's really fast when it comes to Dai-chan."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu reached the Jimusho building around half an hour later. She remembered Daiki telling her that the JUMP's rehearsal room was located at the eighth floor and third room from the left. As she walked past the reception counter, she greeted the people warmly and pressed the lift button. A few minutes later, she was standing outside of the JUMP's rehearsal room. Taking in a deep breath, she pushed opened the door. She wanted to surprise Daiki so she didn't inform him last night that she would be coming the next day. As she entered the room, the room was empty. She walked over to the couch and was surprised to see Daiki sitting there. Placing the bento pack down on the table, she took a seat across him.
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, where are the other members?" Amu asked, looking around. There was no reply. Amu stared at Daiki with a weird look.
 
 
"Dai-chan?" she called but Daiki didn't reply nor look up. Sighing, she walked over to him.
 
 
"Nee.."
 
 
Just as her hand touched his left arm, he jerked it away.
 
 
"Don't touch me!" he growled, finally looking up. Amu was taken back. What happened?
 
 
"Da-Dai..chan, did something happened?" Amu asked with concern. She was really shocked by Daiki's reaction. He had never shouted at her before.
 
 
"Why did you lie to me? Why?!" he shouted and glared hard at her. Amu was really scared. That's not the Daiki she had known. He wasn't the cheerful and smiling Daiki anymore. She shook her head slowly.
 
 
"I-I didn't. Wh-when did I ever lie to you?" she stammered at her words. She tried to look away but couldn't. His glare was piercing into her eyes as if to read her mind. Daiki snorted.
 
"Don't act all innocent in front of me. Why didn't you told me that you're a fan?" Daiki questioned angrily and his glare was still deadly. Amu's eyes widened. How did he know about that? No one except her close friends knew about it. It's impossible for him to know.
 
 
"H-how d-did you-"
 
 
"So it was true ne?"
 
 
Daiki cut off her sentence with a smug look. Amu shook her head vigorously again.
 
 
"iie! Th-that was last time. Now I-"
 
 
"I don't give a damn whether you're my fan last time or now. Do you know that I despise fans? I hate them to the core!" Daiki yelled and stood up, advancing towards her slowly. Amu took a step back. She really don't know the Daiki that was standing right in front of her.
 
 
"Fans just make our lives miserable. They waited for us at outside our school gates and houses, stalking us wherever we go and the worst, they take pictures of us in our private time! Do you know how irritating and annoying that was?" Daiki hissed. 
 
 
Amu couldn't reply. It was as if was jammed with something and no voice was able to come out of . All she could do was to stare at Daiki with her eyes wide opened. Daiki ignored it and continued.
 
 
"Fans are suppose to be supporting us and give us our private time. But they didn't! One of our fans stalked and threatened Ryutaro with a knife when he was only fourteen! Though the suspect was captured by the police afterwards, Ryutaro couldn't get out of the trauma and kept shaking when he saw someone that looked like that guy! Until now, he was still in that trauma. From then on, I told myself that I would never be friends with any fans. They invaded our privacy and even threatened us with knife!" Daiki exclaimed angrily and looked away. Then he focused on her again. Amu froze. There was no warmth in his eyes anymore. It was just an icy cold stare.
 
 
"Until I met you. If I knew you were a fan of me, I would never be friends with you in the first place. We would not even be in this state either. How could you lie to me when I trusted you so much?" his voice was cold and hard. Before Amu could reply, another voice appeared.
 
 
"Because her motive was to get close to you for your fame."
 
 
Atsuko appeared and stopped beside Daiki. Then she linked her arms with Daiki's and hugged it. Amu's gaze lingered at their arms and tears started to well up in her eyes.
 
 
"Atsuko-chan..you and Dai-chan..." her voice croaked. She couldn't believed the scene in front of her.
 
 
"Now that I've known your real identity, it really disgusts me when I think about the kisses and hugs that we had shared," Daiki said with a smirk, wiping his mouth with his free hand. More tears welled up in her eyes and her hands slowly clenched into a fist.
 
 
"You're just like those fans out there, who only knows how to scream and invades our personal life. What more can you do?" Daiki snorted smugly and averted his gaze to the bento pack on the table. He walked over and roughly swatted it off the table. The bento pack hit the floor hard and its content spilled out. It was all his favourite food. Amu's eyes widened and stared at it helplessly. She bit her lips and lowered her head,  allowing her fringe to hide her face.
 
 
"So you made a bento for me?" Daiki asked, eyeing at the food on the floor.
 
 
"Sadly, I'm not eating it. Who knows that you might have added poison inside?" he taunted with a smirk again and glanced at Amu. Atsuko giggled. Amu was clenching her fist really tight. Her nails were digging into her skin.
 
 
"And before you leave, please do remember that the look you give when you blush really make me feel like pu-"
 
 
SLAP!
 
 
The sound echoed around the practice room and just then, the door banged opened. 
 
 
The other members rushed to the couch to see the food spilled on the floor and Daiki's left cheek reddened. Yuya glanced to Daiki's side and saw Atsuko standing there.
 
 
"Atsuko.."
 
 
Finally, Amu lifted her face and shot Daiki a death glare.
 
 
"I didn't know that the Arioka Daiki I once flailed and fallen for is such a jerk. You're the worse guy I've ever met in my whole life," Amu said calmly with hint of anger. Turning around, she walked away coolly and leaving everyone to stare at her back. Just then, she stopped. The next thing she did left everyone, including Daiki, stupefied. She pulled the necklace roughly from her neck with a loud snap. Facing Daiki, she smirked at him.
 
 
"I know you wanted to say this earlier on but I think I'll take over," she said proudly and glared hard at him.
 
 
"Arioka Daiki, it's over between us," she finished it coolly with a smug look and threw the necklace with all her might on the floor. Upon hitting the floor, the pendant broke into two and the solid penguin figurine flew out. It landed beside Daiki's foot. Taking one last look at the broken necklace, she smiled forcefully and turned around. Without looking back, she slammed the door shut.
 
 
Atsuko stared at the necklace and start to bend down to pick up.
 
 
"Don't touch it!" Daiki shouted and she cringed.
 
 
"Demo, Dai-chan.."
 
 
"Please get out of here," Daiki said, not looking at her. She gave him a weird look.
 
 
"Dai-chan? Did I hear it wrongly?" she asked in disbelief. This time round, Daiki looked her in the eyes.
 
 
"Since the day you left me with that guy, I've no longer bear any feelings for you. Not even a percent. There's no reason for you to stay here anymore, please get out," Daiki repeated before slamming the door shut. Ryosuke shifted his gaze from Atsuko to the door before clicking his tongue and chased after Daiki. The other members dispersed themselves quietly and only Yuya stayed behind. Atsuko stood up slowly with tears welled up in her eyes.
 
 
"You should have known that this would happen."
 
 
Atsuko shot him a death glare.
 
 
"Who do you think you are?" she snapped, glaring at him. Yuya chuckled and looked at her in the eyes.
 
 
"You thought that by separating the both of them, you would stand a chance to be with Daiki again? What a childish way of thinking," Yuya laughed and Atsuko glared hard at him.
 
 
"So what if it's childish? They had already broke up and Daiki is single again! Who say I don't stand a chance?" she retorted back. It made Yuya laughed even harder and Atsuko gritted her teeth.
 
 
"Mou, it's really a childish way of thinking. Didn't you heard Daiki's words earlier on? He no longer bear any feelings for you! Face the fact for goodness' sake! And his love for Amu is just too deep to be broken that easily. Remember that," Yuya scoffed and eyed her a little before walking away. 
 
 
Atsuko collapsed onto the floor and her hands cupped her face. Why? Why couldn't she get back with Daiki again?
 
 
The other members stared at her and shook their heads. Yuuri walked towards her and kneel down. Passing her a piece of tissue, he patted her head lightly.
 
 
"You can't get love by force. There won't be happiness between the both of you."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Ryosuke chased after Daiki and only to find him at the rooftop. He slowly walked to the railings and stood beside him.
 
 
"What happened between you and her?" Ryosuke asked with concern. The breeze came and blew their hair lightly.
 
 
"We broke up..," Daiki simply replied. Ryosuke stared at him, flabbergast.
 
 
"Dai-chan..."
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu ran all the way home. She opened the front door and slammed it shut. Her heart hurt badly. It felt like it had been stabbed repeatedly by a sharp blade. Just then, Fai suddenly called her.
 
 
"Amu-chan!"
 
 
She looked up and quickly wiped away her tears. She didn't want her Her friends to see her in this state. 
 
 
"Hai?" she answered and saw her running out of the kitchen, holding onto a piece of paper.
 
 
"Amu, look! You go-"
 
 
She stopped abruptly upon seeing Amu with puffy red eyes.
 
 
"What happened to you? Why are your eyes red?" Fai asked worriedly and forced Amu to look at her. Amu shook her head and smile.
 
 
"There were dust in my eyes just now. Daijoubu!" she replied with a forced smile. Fai eyed her suspiciously and Amu nodded her head, emphasising that what she said was the truth. She remembered that Fai was speaking halfway earlier on and tried to change the topic.
 
 
"So, What were you talking about earlier on?" she asked, rubbing her eyes. Luckily, Fai didn't notice the change in topic and beamed at her.
 
 
"Amu! Gomen nee for opening it but we all were excited about the results! You got into New York University!" she said excitedly and showed the letter to Amu. Her eyes widened and took it from Fai's hands. It was really from New York University. She embraced Fai tightly.
 
 
Later in the night, after dinner, Amu sat on her bed and stared out of the windows.
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
"Amu, since you have got into , you will be going there as early as this coming friday," her father informed and she stared at him in shock.
 
 
"This coming friday?! Why?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. 
 
 
"You'll need to get use to New York again.. Her father replied in a reassuring tone. Amu sighed and finally agreed. 
 
 
"Probably this is a chance given by Kami-sama. To leave this sorrowful place."
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
Amu let out a heavy sigh and lied down on her fluffy bed. The incident that happened earlier entered her mind again.
 
 
She closed her eyes and tears flowed down her cheeks once again. She rolled over to her sides and grabbed her bolster.
 
 
"Why Dai-chan? Why?" she was screaming inside. Her hands grabbed the spot where her heart was and  cried even harder. It hurt too much. Too much for her to bear.
 
 
"Did I really disgust you so much? Did I really mean that much to you only?" she muttered softly this time round. Tears continued to flow down her cheeks like endless stream of waterfall.
 
 
That night, she cried herself to sleep.