The third addition

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
Sun rays shone into the room, brightening up every corner of it. Amu opened her eyes slowly. Still lying on the bed, she looked around the room.
 
 
"This isn't my room. Where am I?" she thought, feeling scared. Just as she turned her head to the side, she saw someone lying his head on the side of the bed. She probed on her right arm and took a closer look at the person.
 
 
"This person is..."
 
 
Before she could think of the name, she found herself staring right into another pair of dark brown eyes. Her eyes widened in shock and she screamed loudly.
 
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
 
 
Immediately, she lied back down on the bed and pulled the blanket over her head. Few seconds passed and there was no sound. Slowly, she pulled down the blanket and turned around a little. She saw Daiki hitting his ears repeatedly. She sat up straightaway.
 
 
"E-eh?! Da-daiki?!" she exclaimed, puzzled. Daiki looked up and sighed.
 
 
"Do you have to greet me by screaming first thing in the morning?" he groaned and hit his ears again. She bit her lips. Did I scream too loud just now?
 
 
"Go-gomenasai," she apologized softly and Daiki just took a glimpse at her before hitting his ears again. Afraid that Daiki's ears would be badly hurt by her loud scream earlier on, she leaned towards him without thinking. She started by whispering softly into his left ear first.
 
 
"Daiki, can you hear me?" she whispered and felt Daiki nodding his head. Then she moved on to his right ear and repeated the same thing. Daiki nodded his head and suddenly turned his head around. He thought that Amu had already leaned backwards but to his surprise, their faces were very close. So close that they could feel each other breath. The time seemed to stop ticking and their eyes were locked. Silence filled up the room and the sound of their hearts thumping so hard and fast could be heard by the both of them. Slowly, Daiki leaned in, closing the gap of their lips from inches to a few centimeters. Naturally, Amu closed her eyes. However, just as their lips were only three centimeters apart, Daiki immediately stopped and turned away. Feeling a gush of cold air washed over her, Amu opened her eyes. She looked away too, flustered.
 
 
"Gomenasai," Daiki apologized and stood up, "I'll go and get your breakfast now."
 
 
Amu  watched him turned around and headed towards the door before closing it. She let out a sigh and leaned back down on the bed with her face on the pillow.
 
 
"What am I thinking just now?" she screamed silently. Turning around, she stared up at the ceiling and put her palm over her heart. It was beating at a very fast rate.
 
 
"Couldn't it be that...I still like him?" she thought.
 
 
"Gahhhh! This is so annoying!" she shouted and covered herself with the blanket again.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
After closing the door, Daiki leaned against it and panted slightly.
 
 
Heat immediately crept up his cheeks and he grabbed the spot where his heart was. He closed his eyes. It was pounding so hard that it might just break his ribcage.
 
 
"Nan-"
 
 
Suddenly, he opened his eyes. Finally, he understood everything.
 
 
"-de.."
 
For the last five years, he had been deeply in love with Amu  all along. It was due to his hatred for fans that had overcome his love for her and ended up hurting her badly. He hadn't forget anything at all, from the start where they met until now. Nothing had disappeared from his mind, not even a single one of it. He really wanted to bang himself on the wall for being so stupid and foolish. Just because of his hatred towards the fans, he completely blasted it all out at her and she didn't even let out a sound. He let out a long and heavy sigh.  
 
 
"Baka, baka, baka!" he scolded mentally and face-palmed himself. Letting go his grip on the shirt, he let out a sigh again.
 
 
"I should be making her breakfast now," he muttered softly and headed down to the kitchen.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"I should get going now," Amu said, looking at Daiki. He nodded and watched Amu walked out of the gate.
 
 
"Arigatou for taking care of me. Maa, ja ne!"
 
 
She waved and headed down the lane. Daiki let out a sigh and watched her walked away.
 
 
"Chase after her and tell her that you still love her."
 
 
Daiki turned around and stared at his band members and their girlfriends in bewilderment.
 
 
"E-eh?! Why the heck are you all here?!"
 
 
"We all know you still love her." Ryosuke simply replied and Daiki's eyes widened.
 
 
"How?" he exclaimed in shock. He don't remember telling anyone about it.
 
 
"You're an open-book. Since you're small, all your emotions are well-written on your face. As your bestfriends, of course we would know," Kei snorted. Daiki looked down at his feet. Open book and well-written ne?
 
 
"During those five years, all your actions clearly displayed how lost you were after she left for Osaka. Daiki, stop lying to yourself. Deep down in your heart, you still love her like before. Go and chase after her before it's too late. Don't make yourself regret for the second time," Yuya reminded him before the others barged into his house. Daiki stood there, stunned. How could they know so much about this? He doesn't understand at all. Looking out of the windows, he saw Amu making at right turn at the corner.
 
 
"During those five years, all your actions clearly displayed how lost you were after she left for Osaka. Daiki, stop lying to yourself. Deep down in your heart, you still love her like before. Go and chase after her before it's too late. Don't make yourself regret for the second time."
 
 
Those words rang in his head. Immediately, he ran up to his room and opened his drawers. Taking out a VIP ticket for the upcoming JUMP concert, he stuffed it into his jeans pocket and headed down to the front door.
 
 
"I'm going out now! Arigatou!" he shouted as he slammed the front door shut. His friends peeked out from the front door and watched him ran down the lane.
 
 
"Ahh, I can finally catch a glimpse of those bright rays. It's called 'Hope'."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu took her own time and walked down the lane slowly.
 
 
"Why do I feel so sad when I left his house earlier on? This feeling is weird and annoying!" she groaned softly and hit her head lightly with her fist. Just then, her phone rang and she answered it.
 
 
"Moshi moshi?"
 
 
"Amu, How are you?"
 
 
"Oh, Kaa-san! Hai, I'm on my way home now."
 
 
"Yokata! We want to have our dinner with you tonight since you are going back to N.Y. tomorrow afternoon."
 
 
Amu's eyes widened. Going back to N.Y. tomorrow afternoon? She thought for a while.
 
 
Amu was supposed to be coming back to Tokyo to attend Rio's and Ryosuke's engagement only. She told them that she'll be only going to stay in Tokyo for two days."
 
 
"Amu, are you there?"
 
 
"Ahh, hai hai. I'll be home.. Soon..."
 
 
"Un, see you later. Ja ne."
 
 
"Ja ne."
 
 
She hanged up the call and sighed.
 
 
"Why does time passes so fa-"
 
 
"Amu-chan!"
 
 
She froze and stopped on her tracks. 
 
 
"Did someone call me?" she thought and turned around. There was no one.
 
 
"Muri muri, I must have misheard it," she brushed it off and continued walking.
 
 
"Amu-chan!"
 
 
She thought she had heard it wrongly again and ignored. On the other hand, Daiki was running so hard after her.
 
 
"Mou! I thought she stopped walking just now?" he groaned and ran even faster. Finally, he grabbed her shoulder and spun her around.
 
 
"Da-daiki!" she gasped and looked down at him, panting very hard.
 
 
"Are you okay?" she asked, bending down to the same height as him. Daiki looked up and glared at her.
 
 
"Mou, Amu-chan! Didn't you hear me calling you earlier on?!" Daiki pouted and looked away with his arms folded. Amu blurted out laughing and Daiki stared at her weirdly.
 
 
"Nani! It's not funny!" Daiki scolded and puffed his cheeks. Instead, she laughed even harder. Daiki was really too cute. Then she saw him perspiring a lot and took out a piece of tissue from her bag. She dabbed it lightly on his face and Daiki just stared at her intently. Without thinking, he grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace. The familiar feeling washed over him finally. He closed his eyes and hugged her tightly. Five years. He had been missing that feeling for five long years. 
 
 
On the other hand, Amu was stunned by Daiki's actions. She wanted to struggle and move away but when she felt him tightened the hug, she threw the thought off her mind. The same feeling washed over her and she finally realized how long she had been missing it too. Slowly, she returned the embrace. They just held each other for a few long moments. None of them wanted to let go. At last, Daiki released the hug and grabbed her shoulders. Jamming one of his hands into his pocket, he took out the VIP ticket. He grabbed her right hand gently and placed the ticket on her palm before pushing her fingers closed. Amu stared at the ticket then at Daiki in confusion.
 
 
"What's this?" she asked, staring at the ticket.
 
 
"It's the VIP ticket to our upcoming Spring concert in Tokyo Dome," he answered. Before Amu could reply, he leaned in and gave a quick peck on her lips. Then he leaned towards her right ear and whispered softly.
 
 
"I really hope you will come. I'll be waiting for you, Amu-chan."
 
 
And he ran back to his house, leaving Amu standing in the middle of the pavement, looking flustered and puzzled. Finally after a few seconds, she snapped back into reality. She touched her lips.
 
 
She felt blood rushing up to her cheeks and shook her head. Looking at the ticket, she bit her lips.
 
 
".. He just kissed me.."
 
 
"Hey! Say! JUMP Spring Concert 2020 VIP ticket. Date: 16th March 2020. Time: 19:00 - 21:00. Venue: Tokyo Dome. Seating place:...."