New Coffee

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
 
For the past three days, life had been much torturing to her.
 
 
-Example 1-
 
 
Amu was in the kitchen, searching for some food to eat. As she took out a tub of ice-cream from the refrigerator, she heard her friends laughing loudly in the living room and decided take a look.
 
 
"Hey guys, what are you watching?" Amu asked while walking towards him, taking a scoop of her favorite vanilla icecream and shoved it into .
 
 
"Ah, Shounen Club," Yuki simply replied before throwing into fit of laughters again. Amu gave them all a weird look and stared at the television while leaning against the couch on her stomach.
 
 
"Okay, next up we'll have Hey! Say! JUMP!" Koyama said loudly into the microphone and the fans cheered. Amu's eyes widened. Hey! Say! JUMP?
 
 
She watched the JUMP members made their way onto the stage and settled down on the chairs. Then Nakamaru started reading out the message from a fan.
 
 
"Naruhodo. Maa, we'll have Ari-chan to answer the question given by the fan ne?" Koyama said and the camera moved to Daiki.
 
 
"Ah hai," Daiki said and flashed a smile. Amu cringed at it and looked away. She bit her lips. It was coming again. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to bear it, she walked away quickly with the tub of ice-cream in her hands and went up to her room. Rio spotted her moving away and called out.
 
 
"Ne, you don't want to continue watching? It's JUMP appearing on stage!"
 
 
She froze and stopped half way on the stairs. Immediately, she shook her head vigorously and ran all the way to her room. Her friends started at her in bewilderment.
 
 
"She's acting weird since yesterday," They thought before shrugging it off and focused themselves on the television program again.
 
 
-Example 2-
 
 
The girls were resting in the coffeehouse since there weren't any customers. They all knew by this time about their break up and tried to avoid talking about it at all means. Bored by the silence, Hanna decided to switch on the radio. She walked to the counter and brought back a radio. Amu saw it and gave her a funny look.
 
 
"Hanna-chan, since when did you start listening to radio?" Kim asked, eyeing her suspiciously. Hanna waved her hand at Kim and switched on the radio.
 
 
"Since now. We aren't talking anyway, so why not just listen to the radio? We can have some updates on the weather today," Hanna answered while tuning to the channel she wanted to listen. The both of them slumped onto the table and paid attention to the radio.
 
 
"Okay, next up we'll have Hey! Say! 7 Ultra Power!" the person said and everyone immediately took a glance at Amu. She saw Amu fidgeted a little in her seat.
 
 
"Do you want me to switch to another channel?" Hanna asked with hint of concern. She was afraid that Amu would break down in front of them again. Much to her surprise, Amu shook her head.
 
 
"Daijoubu. It's Yama-chan and Chii-chan today, I'm sure I'll be fine," Amu replied with a small smile. Hanna nodded her head slowly, unsure of Amu's reply.
 
 
"Konnbannu, Yamada Ryosuke desu!"
 
 
"Konnbannu, Chinen Yuuri desu!"
 
 
After much rambling about some things, the both of them got on to the topic that day. It was the 'Japan's Youngest Problem Solver'. Chinen read the letter from the fan and Ryosuke began to answer.
 
 
"Maa, I remembered Dai-chan once told me about..."
 
 
Amu suddenly froze in her seat. Hanna saw it and immediately switched off the radio.
 
 
"Gomen ne, Amu-chan. I-I didn't know that Yama-chan would talk about him," Hanna apologized and placed her hand on Amu's shoulder. Amu shook her head, waving her hand and stood up.
 
 
"Da-daijoubu. I think I'm going upstairs for a while. You all should continue listen to the radio. Your boyfriends are all in it today," Amu replied with a fake smile and quickly went upstairs. Fai stared at her backview and sighed.
 
 
"It's not working like this," Fai mumbled softly and switched on the radio again.
 
 
-End of examples-
 
 
Finally, the day for Amu to leave for N.Y. came. She packed the last piece of her clothing into her luggage and zipped it closed. Walking to her desk, she dragged the chair out and sat down. Her gaze shifted to the top drawer in her desk and pulled it opened. As she took out the white envelope, a yellow note fell out and landed on the floor. She bent down and picked it up. Unfolding the note, she read it.
 
 
"Ohayou Amu-chan! I was waiting for you to wake up but I guess you were really tired ne? (smile) By the time you are reading this note,I had already left the house. Arigatou for taking care of me for the past two days,though you took away my precious Pocky sticks! Although I never really get to taste your real cooking dishes other than bland porridges for two days straight,I can feel that you're a great cook! Your porridge it's really nice! I'll remember my promise to you - to try to believe in it again. Well then,if there's fate,we'll meet again ne? (smile) Alright,that's all. See you soon! Ja ne! - Daiki
 
 
PS: Gomen,I couldn't resist my temptation for Pocky sticks so I had taken away the ones you had kept earlier on!"
 
 
Wet spots began to form on the note. Her right hand cupped and she started sobbing. Those memories flooded into her mind again. Those sweet memories. Suddenly, the memories stopped playing and harsh words from Daiki entered her mind. Slowly, she uncupped and wiped away her tears. Staring at the note, she thought bitterly to herself.
 
 
"Amu, it's time to leave everything behind. Forget him. He doesn't worth a single tear of yours. He's a jerk."
 
 
She nodded silently and stood up. Walking over to her trash bin, she raised the note over it. Closing her eyes, she tore the note into tiny pieces and released it. She opened her eyes and saw the pieces of note fluttered down slowly into the bin. Tears rolled down her cheeks again and she painfully tore her gaze away. It felt like as if it was her heart that was similarly being tore into a million pieces. Looking at the wall clock, she let out a sigh.
 
 
"It's time to go."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Okay, let's take a break here," Kota said and the members went to rest on the couch.
 
 
"Maa, it's tiring!" Ryosuke complained and leaned against the backrest of the couch. The other 7 members,who were almost half-dead from the vigorous training earlier on, leaned against each other's shoulders in a row and nodded their head in agreement. The BEST members went out earlier to get a drink. Just then, the door clicked open.
 
 
"Uwah! Dai-chan, you all are fast!" Ryosuke exclaimed without looking up. His head was still resting against Yuto's shoulder. The footsteps got nearer to them.
 
 
"It's me."
 
 
Hearing the voice, the five of them immediately lifted their head.
 
 
"Amu-chan!" Chinen shouted first and ran towards her. He gave her a big bear hug and ruffled her hair. Their faces immediately lit up and no longer showed any traces of tiredness.
 
 
"We miss you so much!" he exclaimed with the biggest smile and gave her a hug again. Amu smiled and patted his back. Glancing in the other four members' direction, she flashed them a small smile. 
 
 
"Amu-chan, what brings you here?" Ryosuke asked, raising an eyebrow. He was really glad to see her again after that incident.
 
 
"Maybe she's here to patch up with Dai-chan!" Yuto exclaimed without thinking. Amu cringed at the name and Keito slapped his shoulders hard.
 
 
"Baka! How can they patch up so easily after such a huge argument?" Keito whispered with hint of annoyance into Yuto's ears. Hearing that, he apologized almost immediately.
 
 
"Gomen, Amu-chan! I didn't mean to say that!"
 
 
He bowed and Amu shook her head.
 
 
"Ii yo,ii yo! Daijoubu," Amu said with a smile. Looking at the five of them, she took in a deep breath and told them her motive here.
 
 
"I'm leaving for N.Y. tonight."
 
 
The five of them gasped in shock. It was just too sudden. None of them saw it coming.
 
 
"Amu-chan is just going for a holiday trip right?" Chinen asked with a forced smile, not believing what he had just heard. Amu shook her head and took out the white envelope.
 
 
"I'll be staying there until I graduate from University," she replied, pushing the envelope to them. They looked at each other in disbelief.
 
 
"Yo-you are lying right?"
 
 
Amu immediately turned around. The BEST members were standing at the door.
 
 
"I'm not lying," she replied with hint of sadness. Looking at her watch, she should be on her way to the train station now.
 
 
"I'm here to say goodbye to all of you," she said with a bitter smile. The members were at loss of words. None of them knew what to say, even Kota who was the oldest among them. Slowly, she walked to the members one by one.
 
 
"Chii-chan, you must stop being so spoil alright?" she ruffled his hair and gave him a hug. Chinen's eyes were b with tears. She was like a sister to him.
 
 
"Yama-chan, you must take good care of Rio-chan ne? If anything happens to her, you'll be the first person that I'll question!" she joked and gave him a hug. "By the way, send my goodbyes to Hokuto kun nee~"
 
 
"Yuu-chan, gambatte on your drums! I'll be supporting you!" she then said cheerfully and gave him a hug. Then she went on to Keito, Kota for Hanna, Hikaru, Kei for Kim, Yuya for Fai and finally Daiki. When she stood in front of Yuya, he grabbed her shoulders and shook her lightly.
 
 
"Are you seriously leaving for Osaka?" he asked again, locking their eyes together. She pried herself off from his grip and nodded her head with a small smile. Yuya was concerned for Daiki. This could even scar Daiki for life. As she proceeded on to Daiki, he didn't bother to look at her.
 
 
"I'm leaving, take care of yourself ne?" she said with a forced smile and stared at him. It really hurt her badly to look at him. Hearing that, Daiki glanced at her through the corner of his eyes, as if she was someone he really detest.
 
 
"Yeah, of course I will. I don't need you to worry for me. Enjoy your trip there and try to have many boyfriends ne?" he replied coldly with a smirk and walked away. The other members were astounded by his reply. How could he still be so harsh to her even when she was already leaving? Those words stung her heart badly. It was like rubbing salt on the wound. She held back her tears and forced herself to smile widely.
 
 
"Of course I would! You don't need to worry for me either," she said loudly and continued with that wide smile. Daiki scoffed and looked away. The other members looked at her with sadness in their eyes. They were able to hear the sound of her heart break and pitied her. Looking at them, she shook her head with a bitter smile, indicating that it was fine.
 
 
"It's time for me to go now. Minna, take care ne!" she shouted and waved her hands. All the JUMP members except Daiki waved back. Upon turning around, her tears fell and flowed down her cheeks endlessly. As the door slammed shut, Ryosuke stomped towards Daiki and roughly grabbed his shirt.
 
 
"How could you say such harsh words to her even when she's leaving?! Do you even have a heart?!" Ryosuke yelled and his voice echoed the room. Daiki clicked his tongue and roughly pushed Ryosuke away. He straightened his shirt and glared back at him with a smug look.
 
 
"Yeah, I don't have a heart. What can you do about it?" he taunted and Ryosuke raised his fist. Just as he was about to punch Daiki, another person flew past him and punched Daiki instead. Everyone was flabbergast. Daiki glided the floor and blood trickled down his mouth.
 
 
"Kota.." Hikaru murmured with his eyes wide opened in shock.
 
 
"I have enough of this!" Kota hollered. Everyone froze. When Kota gets angry, he's really scary. He stabbed his left index finger in Daiki's direction and glared at him.
 
 
"I don't know what happened between you and her. But no matter what, she was once your girlfriend and she's leaving now! Can't you just treat her as a friend and say goodbye even if you really don't wish to talk to her?" Kota shouted. Daiki looked away and wiped the blood off his mouth with his thumb. He stood up and staggered a little. Kota's punch was too much for him to handle. The members watched him staggered to the door. His hand gripped tightly on the door handle and without turning back, he said, "Yes, she was once my girlfriend and I loved her deeply. Demo, she lied to me. She was actually a fan of mine. All of you know how much I hated fans after Ryuu's incident eight years ago. Dakara, I'm not going to talk to her anymore."
 
 
And the door slammed shut. The members stared at the door for a few moments before shaking their head.
 
 
"It's been such a long time and he still haven't overcome it. It's a pity."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Amu, remember to eat on time when you're there ne?" Kim and Rio reminded her again for the ninth time. Amu just nodded her head and smiled.
 
 
"Kim! Amu is old enough to take care of herself. She's going to be twenty years old this year!" Yuki sighed, tired of hearing her older sisters repeating the same thing over and over again. Amu chuckled at Yuki's reaction. Fai, who had been keeping quiet since they arrived at the train station,  finally spoke.
 
 
"Amu, remember to take a rest ne? Don't stress yourself too much," she reminded and patted her shoulders lightly. Amu nodded and smiled.
 
 
"Attention please. Passengers taking flight 978 to New York please proceed to the gate now. Thank you."
 
 
Amu looked at the gate then at her friends again.
 
 
I'll be going now. Take care ne!" Amu said with her biggest smile and gave them a hug each. As she stood outside the gate, she turned around and waved to her family again. Rio was showing her the call sign and she nodded her head. The gate slided open and she dragged her luggage into the plane. Placing her luggage inside the cabin of the plane, she sat down on her seat. She stucked both her earpieces into her ears and shuffled her playlist.
 
 
"Konbanwa to all the passengers. The plane will be departing  in a minute's time. Please do fasten your seatbelts. Thank you."
 
 
A few minutes later, the plane was on its way to America. Amu looked out of the window and flashed a bitter smile.
 
 
"I'll leave all the memories here."
 
 
She hit the 'play' button on her ipod and the song that played immediately was 'Ai Kotoba' by Sako Tomohisa. It was the same song that played when she first met Daiki on the rainy day. Memories of that day flooded into her mind and made her heart clenched tightly again.
 
 
"..Sayounara, Arioka Daiki." She murmured softy and closed her eyes.
 
 
Tears rolled down her cheeks again for the last time.
 
 
 
---
 
Authors note: okay! The drama is over! I'm working on the resolution right now! 
 
I also already started the fic requests so please be patient with Some of my writers blocks nee! ^^ 
 
>< I hope this was decent *^*