The Devil Knows My Name - Chapter 15

The Devil Knows My Name

Woohyun glanced at his hand which was interlocked with Sunggyu's as they sat on the sofa of Woohyun's living room.  "Why did you leave so suddenly last time?" Woohyun asked.

"I was afraid," Sunggyu admitted.  "I'm twice your age after all."

Woohyun smiled.  "It doesn't bother me."  He then took the initiative and leaned in to taste the older man's lips once again.

Sunggyu responded to the kiss while stripping Woohyun out of his school jacket.  He pushed Woohyun to lay back against the sofa and proceeded to the boy's shirt.  He paused a moment to admire the boy's beauty as he lay beneath him.  He leaned down once again, but stopped when he saw Woohyun clenching his fists.  He immediately sat back up and began buttoning up Woohyun's shirt.

Woohyun looked at him with confusion.  "Did I do something wrong?" he asked, hurt evident in his eyes.

Sunggyu shook his head.  "No, I did," he replied.  "There's no need to rush into things now.  Let's wait until you graduate."

"I don't graduate until next year," stated Woohyun, looking a little down.  "Will you still want me then?"

Sunggyu smiled and pulled the boy into his embrace.  "I'd wait for you until the end of the world."


The pair spent the evening making dinner but their moment was interrupted when they heard a knock at the door.  Woohyun wondered who it could be as he went to answer the door.

"Who is it?" he called out but there was no reply.

He frowned and reached for the door, but before he could do so, the door was kicked open as masked men armed with weapons broke into the house.  Woohyun jolted in shock at the intrusion.  Before he could wonder what was going on, one man roughly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"Where is he?" the masked man demanded.

Sunggyu rushed out from the kitchen to find Woohyun surrounded by a group of masked men.  "Let him go!"

Spotting their target, the man shoved Woohyun aside and rushed towards Sunggyu.  The rest of the masked men followed suit, attacking Sunggyu with their weapons.

While Sunggyu was about to evade most of their attacks, there were too many of them for him to evade every single one.  Woohyun watched helplessly as he witnessed Sunggyu holding up his own against a group of men.  He wondered what the men had against the owner of a bakery?  Were they loan sharks?  But Sunggyu didn't seem to have any financial problems and the bakery was doing well.

"Sunggyu, behind you!" Woohyun shouted out when his eyes caught sight of a man creeping up behind Sunggyu.

Sunggyu turned around just in time to see the metal bat crashing down at him.  He caught the bat before it could come in contact with his head, surprising his attacker.  He knocked his attacker out with his fist before snatching the bat from his hands.  With a bat in hand, Sunggyu charged at his attackers with his newly obtained weapon.

Woohyun watched in disbelief as the man before him proved to be more than just a simple baker.  This was a side of Sunggyu he had never seen before and would never have imagined it.

Sunggyu, who are you? Woohyun thought to himself.

"Do you see?" a voice from behind him spoke.  "That is the kind of man he truly is."

Woohyun was about to turn around when he felt the cold steel pressed against his neck as a masked figure appeared beside him.  "Who are you?" he asked, glaring at the masked man.  "Why are you doing this?"

"No need to glare at me like that," said the masked man.  "Rather you should be thanking me."

"What are you talking about?" Woohyun snapped.

"Your father was a member of the Yaksha Clan," the masked figure revealed.  "But he was executed by them when they found out he was an undercover cop."

Woohyun's eyes widened in shock at the revelation.

"And that man there," the masked figure continued, indicating to Sunggyu who was still battling against the men.  "Is the fourth generation leader of the Yaksha Clan."