The Devil Knows My Name - Chapter 10

The Devil Knows My Name

While Myungsoo parked the car at the back of the store, Woohyun made his way to the front door.  Myungsoo had intended to take him home but he persuaded the man to take him to the store.  Myungsoo didn't question why.  

Woohyun was about to enter the store when he noticed two figures inside.  Sunggyu was talking to a boy with beautiful features.  He figured that the boy was a customer until he the two of them locking lips in a kiss.  At that moment, he felt a sharp pain in his chest.  He didn't know why it hurt him so much to see Sunggyu kiss someone else.  Unable to watch any further, he walked away.


Sunggyu's eye widened in shock.  He broke away from the kiss and distanced himself from the boy just as Myungsoo stepped in the door.  The boy looked hurt that Sunggyu had pushed him away.  His eyes brimmed with tears as he looked at the older man.

"Why?" the boy asked in tears.  "Don't you love me anymore?"

Sunggyu didn't want to see the boy cry.  He walked over and pulled the boy into a hug, trying to console him.  "You know I do," he replied.

The boy wrapped his arms around Sunggyu's back and continued to cry.

Myungsoo glanced around the store before turning his attention towards Sunggyu.  "Where's Woohyun?"
 

Woohyun did not know why he was upset as he walked absent-mindedly htrough the streets.  Even as the first drops of rain fell, he took no notice of them.  He continued on as the rain poured down.  He was thankful for the rain which concealed the tears upon his face.  

When he finally broke down in the middle of the street, he felt the rain ease off.  He raised his head and saw an umbrella hovering above him.

"Woohyun," a soft, familiar voice spoke behind him.

Woohyun recognised that voice. He lowered his head to the ground, not wanting to turn around to face the older man.

Still holding the umbrella above Woohyun's head, Sunggyu walked and stood in front of the boy.  He slowly reached out a hand towards Woohyun, not wanting to startle the boy.  He gently held Woohyun's chin and lifted the boy's head.  He was surprised when the boy did not flinch from his touch.  He saw the boy's red eyes and knew he had been crying.  Sunggyu gently wiped the tears from Woohyun's face with his fingers.

Woohyun looked at the gentle man standing before him.  "Why?" he asked.  "Why didn't you tell me that it was you who saved me all those times?"

Sunggyu wondered how the boy knew.  "I'm sorry."

Unable to contain his tears any longer, Woohyun let it flow.  "Why did you make me fall for you?"

Upon hearing those words from Woohyun, Sunggyu immediately wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him into his embrace.  Woohyun let himself be pulled in as he buried his face into the older man's chest.

"You're a cruel man," Woohyun cried, while wrapping his arms around the man's back.

"I'm sorry," Sunggyu whispered as he held the boy tight.  "It's all my fault."

The umbrella fell to the ground beside them as they stood drenched from the rain, while wrapped in each other's embrace.