The Devil Knows My Name - Chapter 13

The Devil Knows My Name

Sungyeol gulped down the last piece of his chicken sandwich while Woohyun sat staring blankly at his food.  He noticed that the boy's food was untouched.  Woohyun seemed lost in thought.

"You don't like you're lunch?" Sungyeol asked, eyeing Woohyun's homemade lunch.  "Want me to eat it for you?"

Woohyun jolted from his thoughts and looked at Sungyeol.  "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

Sungyeol sighed.  "I said, tell me what's wrong?"

Woohyun shook his head.  "Nothing," he lied.

Sungyeol frowned knowing that Woohyun was lying.  "Am I your friend?" he asked and Woohyun nodded.  "Do you trust me?"  Woohyun nodded again.  Sungyeol smiled.  "Then tell me what's bothering you so I can help you."

Woohyun hesitated for a moment.  "If someone you like runs away from you, does that mean they hate you?"

Sungyeol was surprised at Woohyun's question.  Giving advice on this kind of matter was not not one of his virtues.  Sungyeol shrugged.  "Maybe they were running late or in a hurry."

Woohyun's face fell at Sungyeol's response. 

Sungyeol scratched the back of his head, trying to think of a solution for the boy.  "Why don't you just ask them directly?  Better than you sitting here wondering, right?"  He stood up and dusted the crumbs from his uniform.  "I'm going to get a drink.  Want one?"

Woohyun shook his head and watched as Sungyeol headed for the cafeteria.  He was worried when he saw Sungyeol approached by four boys.  He saw the boys saying something to Sungyeol before one of them punched in the stomach.  The group walked away laughing while Sungyeol keeled over, clutching his stomach.  Woohyun immediately got up from the bench he was sitting at and ran over to Sungyeol.

Hoya, who was about to head to the cafeteria to meet up with his friends, saw the scene before him.  He saw the smirk on Sungyeol's face as Woohyun helped him up.


The Strawberry Eyes Bakery was still closed for renovation.  Sunggyu and Myungsoo cleaned up the damaged store with Sungjong offering to help.  Sunggyu was momentarily interrupted when he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket.  The call was from an unknown number.  He contemplated a moment before answering the call.


Woohyun stood beside a pay phone, braving the cold night.  He waited patiently, glancing up and down the deserted street.  When he heard footsteps approaching him from behind, he was filled with hope.  He turned around to face the man he had been waiting for.


Moments later, Sunggyu came running and stopped at the pay phone to catch his breath.  Despite Sungjong clinging to him and refusing to let him go, he still managed to make it on time.  He glanced up and down the street but there was no sign of Woohyun.  Just as he wondered where Woohyun was, his phone buzzed in his pocket.  Thinking it was Woohyun calling him, he quickly answered it.


He stood at the entrance of the old abandoned warehouse.  He could hear laughter from inside.  He walked in and found a group of masked men waiting with weapons in their hands.  He glanced on the ground beside them.  Upon seeing the sight of Woohyun unconscious with hands and feet bound, he drew out his sword.