Soshi Day

Something's gotta give

 

Sunny walked back quickly to the apartment, bag in hand. Taeyeon had sent her to fetch some drinks and snacks from the store nearby with the excuse that they didn't have any. Taeyeon's secret stash of gummy worms and ice-cream said otherwise. She guessed that it probably had something to do with her constantly prodding Taeyeon for clues over the surprise.

She walked into the apartment complex and ran up the stairs, curious to find out already.

She walked more slowly past Jessica's place and found it strangely quiet. Maybe she wasn't lying and really had something to do.

Sunny opened the door to her place and found only darkness. She scanned the place but couldn't see anything.

Does this have something to do with the surprise? she wondered, trying to figure out what was going on.

She walked in cautiously. She was now in the middle of the living room, or at least she thought she was.

"Taeyeon?" She called out. "Tiffany?"

She tried to walked to the kitchen, bumping into a few things along the way.

She thought her heard someone snicker.

"Is someone here?" She asked out-loud.

She reached the kitchen and realized something.

Wait, today's the first of November... That means...

-----------------

Flashback, first to of November when they were 8 years old.

A girl peeked out over a wall and threw a snowball at a tan girl before quickly ducking back down.

"What the!?"

She snickered and turned to find her friend hiding beside her.

"Yuri's going to kill you Sunny." Taeyeon muttered.

"Not unless you don't tell her it was me." Sunny whispered back.

"She doesn't have to because I heard everything." They heard someone say. They both looked up to find Yuri looking over the wall and down at them both.

"Shoot." Sunny grabbed Taeyeon's hand and ran away.

"I'll get you two shorties!" Yuri yelled and tried going over the wall. She was halfway over it when she felt another snowball hit her face.

She turned and saw Hyoyeon and Sooyoung laughing their heads off as they too ran away.

"I'll get you all!"

After a while of chasing them all, and failing, Yuri looked up to find Seohyun and Yoona sitting comfortably on Seohyun's front door steps drinking something warm. She gave up her chase and walked to them instead.

Seohyun's mom came out.

"Juhyun, I brought you a blanket to keep you two warm." She handed Seohyun a blanket.

"Thank you mom." Seohyun took the blanket.

"Hello Yuri," She noticed Yuri walking to them.

"Hi Mrs. Seo," Yuri greeted.

"You look cold. would you like something warm to drink?" She offered.

Yuri nodded.

"I'll be right out. In the mean time, why don't you sit with these two?" Seohyun's mom walked back into the house.

Yuri sat down with the girl's.

"Hey Yuri," Yoona spoke up.

"Hmm?" Yuri watched Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung building snow forts and chasing each other with snowballs in their hands.

"My dad say's I can have a sleepover. Do you want to come?"

"Sure." Yuri answered, still trying to figure out how to get back at the girls'.

"Yes!" Yoona cheered. "That means everyone can go."

Seohyun's mom came back out with a tray of drinks.

"Seohyun, why don't you invite the rest of your friends to come have a drink too?"

"Yes mom," Seohyun got up and walked to the girls'.

Seohyun's mom handed Yuri a drink.

"Thank you Mrs. Seo." Yuri took the drink. Seohyun's mom nodded and walked back inside.

  An idea came to Yuri's mind on how to get back at the girl's. She snickered and pulled out a little bottle from her pocket.

"What's that?" Yoona asked Yuri.

"You'll see." Yuri quickly added some drops onto each drink and waited for the girls' to come.

"Yah, Sunny, move over." Hyoyeon said, pushing her over and getting a drink. The other girls' followed and took a sip.

"Water!" They all ran into Seohyun's house while Yuri and Yoona laughed. Seohyun and Sunny watched suprised.

"Unnie, that wasn't very nice." Seohyun said.

"Neither were they to me." Yuri argued. "The only one left to get is you Sunny.  Watch yourself." She pointed to Sunny.

"Try me." Sunny smiled defiantly.

-----------------

At the sleepover:

"Sunny's coming!" Yuri ran into the room and closed the door. "Turn off the light's!"

The light's were quickly turned off and the girls' pretended to be sleeping.

Someone walked into the room.

"Attack!" Yuri yelled. The girl's tackled the person down.

"What are you doing?" Sunny asked, turning the lights on.

Yuri stopped and looked down to find her older brother.

"Yuri you dumb-!" He got up, pushing the girl's off him. "Here, mom sent me to give you this. You forgot it at home." He shoved a Mickey Mouse blanket into her hands. "She said something about you not being able to sleep without it or something." He walked out of the room.

"You're never going to get me Yuri. Give up." Sunny laughed.

"Shut up," Yuri threw a pillow at her.

-----------------

"Are you still up?" Yoona spoke up in the middle of the night.

"Yeah?" They replied sleepily.

"Today was fun. We should do things like this more." Yoona began.

They hummed in agreement.

"we'll call it Soshi day and do it every year, okay?" Yoona mumbled before falling asleep.

---------------

"You're mine this time!" someone yelled.

Sunny quickly ducked. A crash was heard and the lights flickered on.

Sunny stood up and found Yuri sprawled on the ground with half her body against the wall. A couple of items had fallen on the ground. Sooyoung walked to her laughing and helped her get up.

"You fail every year," Sooyoung patted Yuri's back. "Why do you still try?"

Yuri turned to Sunny.

"How did you know?" Yuri asked, "Taeyeon told us that you didn't know we were coming."

"For one, you could try not yelling so I don't know you're here." Sunny walked to Yuri as well. "And two, you try this every year. It's become a reflex by now."

Yuri grumbled in defeat.

"Good to see you too," Sunny hugged Yuri.

"Hey shorty, don't I get a hug too?" Sooyoung held her arms open. Sunny hugged her too.

"Are you guys going to pick your mess or what?" Taeyeon asked sternly from the doorway, but there was amusement in her eyes. She turned to Tiffany. "Sorry, my friends are a little..." She glanced at the three girls in the hall, "weird."

"Really, you're calling us weird?" Sooyoung turned to Yuri. They smiled mischievously.

"Say's the girl who used to check out all the girls' butts in our school, right?" Yuri walked up Taeyeon and hung her arm around Taeyeon's shoulders.

"Hey Yuri," Sooyoung walked up to Taeyeon as well and did the same thing to Taeyeon, from the other side. Tiffany had to walk into the kitchen to avoid being squished in the doorway. "Could you tell us who used to be called the "ert master"? I forgot."

"Sure Sooyoung," Yuri smirked, she rubbed her chin with her other hand as if thinking. "I believe it was...." she raised an eyebrow and turned to Taeyeon, "This girl right here." She removed her hand from her chin and pointed her finger at Taeyeon.

"Th-tha" Taeyeon stuttered. She looked at Tiffany worriedly. "That's not true Fany."

"Really Taeyeon?" Sunny joined in. "Because I think half the female population at our old school would have different things to say." She poked Taeyeon's stomach.

"Sunny~" Taeyeon whined.

"Naw, we're just messing with you." Yuri let go of Taeyeon.

---------------

"So are you going to introduce us to your friend, or what?" Sooyoung asked Taeyeon once they were all done moving furniture around so they would all fit. They sat on the living room floor, snacks were placed in the middle (But Sooyoung soon hogged most of them up).

"Friend?" Tiffany asked.

"Tiffany isn't my friend." Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand. "She's my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Sooyoung asked.

"But we all thought that you and Su-" Yuri began. Sooyoung elbowed Yuri's ribs. "But we all thought that nobody would date you Taeyeon." Yuri changed her sentence.

"Yeah, I feel bad for you." Sooyoung turned to Tiffany, ignoring a pouting Taeyeon. "You got the bad end of the deal."

"I don't think that at all. I think it's the other way around." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon. "I think she's sweet." Taeyeon cheered up.

"Wow, she's a keeper Taeyeon. Don't let her come to her senses." Yuri joked.

"So where are the rest of the girls?" Sooyoung asked looking around.

"I was texting Yoona awhile ago." Yuri answered. "She says that Seohyun and her will be a little late."

"What about Hyoyeon?"

Yuri stood up very suddenly and walked to the coffee table.

"Is this what I think it is?" She turned around, holding up a DVD case.

Sooyoung walked up to Yuri and grabbed the DVD from her grasp.

"No way." Sooyoung looked up. "Taeyeon, can we watch this?"

"Why should I let you guys?" Taeyeon asked. "You were picking on me a moment ago."

Sooyoung turned to Tiffany. "Could you convince her to let us watch this, please?"

"Tae~" Tiffany whined, hugging Taeyeon's arm.

"Why are you on their side?" Taeyeon squirmed.

"Because I want to watch it too." Tiffany kissed her cheek.

"Fine..." Taeyeon blushed.

---------------

"And with that, our final art piece has been sold to our lovely gentleman over there." Sooyoung's voice rang out through the room.

"Wait, what about my painting?" A guy yelled out in the back.

"Shut up, Jonghyun," Sooyoung yelled back.

Yuri sneakily stole some of the snacks on Sooyoung's lap while Sooyoung watched the TV attentively.

"Sorry, sorry," The Sooyoung on screen apologized.

Yuri passed on the snacks to Sunny who passed some onto Taeyeon who ended up sharing hers with Tiffany. Sooyoung was still too captivated to notice.

The school principal got up angrily and walked to Sooyoung, pulling her backstage.

"Hey, Sooyoung," Sunny piped up.

"Huh?" Sooyoung turned to her.

"What happened backstage?" Sunny asked.

"Oh, Seohyun saved me." Sooyoung recounted, telling them the story.

---------------

"What is going on here?" he demanded once they were backstage.

"Mr. Kim, you look nice today." Sooyoung tried, fixing his tie nervously.

He didn't look amused.

"Let me explain." Sooyoung stopped her actions.

"No, let me explain, Unnie." Seohyun walked up to them both.

"Seo Joo-hyun," Mr. Kim's expression changed. Seohyun was the best student in school, and as such, had gained a soft spot in his heart. "What's going on here?"

"Mr. Kim, I'm really sorry." Seohyun began. "While I was getting things ready back stage, I tripped and destroyed two of the pieces that were suppose to be auctioned."

"What?" Mr. Kim asked surprised. Sooyoung looked at her just as surprised. "But that's not like you Seohyun."

"I know and I'm really sorry, but we've thought up of a way to make up for the lose." Seohyun continued.

"How?" Mr. Kim asked.

Seohyun fidgeted for a moment, realizing how bad their idea was now.

"Charity dating." she mumbled.

"What?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Mr. Kim, it's called charity dating. A person is brought on stage and-" Sooyoung stepped in.

"I know what it is, Ms. Choi." He interrupted Sooyoung. "How can you have thought up of such a stu-"

"It was mostly my idea Mr. Kim." Seohyun spoke up.

"What a stupendous idea Seohyun." He changed his statement. "But there has to be some rules, so we don't have problems later."

Sooyoung and Seohyun listened carefully while Mr. Kim explained the rules.

They were pretty simple:
Volunteer have to do it willingly.
Bidding is limited to the school students only. (can't have 40 year old's bidding.)
Bidding can't go over a $1000. first person to reach that number, win's the date.

They both agreed.

"And Ms. Choi, remove that stupid sign off your back. This is a charity event, not a comedy show. You're making a mockery out of our school." Mr. Kim warmed as he walked back to his seat. "I hope this doesn't backfire on me." He muttered.

Sooyoung reached behind her back and pulled a sign off her back.
It read:

Hide your food, Shikshin on the loose.

"Yuri, I am so going to kill you later." Sooyoung muttered to no one in particular, remembering Yuri hugging her earlier.*

"Thanks, Seohyun." Sooyoung whispered.

Seohyun nodded and went to give Hyoyeon the go ahead. Sooyoung went back onstage.

"Sorry everyone." Sooyoung apologized. "Let the auction continue!"

---------------

"Our maknae," Yuri wiped a fake tear off her eye. "Bless her."

Taeyeon and Sunny nodded while munching on their snacks.

"Wait a minute!" Sooyoung yelled, when she saw them eat 'her' snacks. She looked down to notice half her pile gone. "Did you steal my food?" Sooyoung turned to them.

They shook their heads.

"Lighten up Shikshin." Yuri smacked Sooyoung's back. "They weren't your snacks anyway. Sunny bought them."

"But we're the guests here," Sooyoung argued, "And Taeyeon isn't a very good host."

"Hey," Taeyeon defended. "This was a last second thing. Give me a break."

"I don't think it's so bad," Hyoyeon took one of Sooyoung's snacks. "We have food and entertainment."

"What the!" Sooyoung was too surprised to stop her. They all turned to her. "How long have you been here?"

"Not that long. Enough to hear the story about Seohyun." Hyoyeon opened up a bag of chips. "You guys are so loud, I didn't even have to look for this place. All I had to do was follow the noise." She began eating a couple of chips.

"Couldn't you knock on the door like a normal person?" Taeyeon asked.

"I did," Hyoyeon defended herself, "But I don't think anyone heard."

"So you just walk into my place?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah," Hyoyeon defended herself. "I was invited anyway." She turned to Tiffany. "I don't think I've met you yet. Are you a friend of one of these idiots?" She gestured to the the girls.

"No," Tiffany laughed politely, "I'm Taeyeon's girlfriend. I'm guessing you're another one of her friends?"

Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow and glanced to Sunny, before quickly glancing back to Tiffany. "Really? I didn't think Taeyeon had enough game to have such a pretty girlfriend like you." Sooyoung's, Yuri's, and Sunny's laughter covered Taeyeon's little "Yah!"

"I'm Hyoyeon," Hyoyeon extended her hand.

"Nice you meet you Hyoyeon." Tiffany shook her hand. "I'm Tiffany."

"How long have you been with Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon asked her, trying to build a conversation.

"Um," Tiffany thought for a moment. "Two years I think?"

The girl's, except Sunny, gasped in surprise, and looked at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"Hey you!" Yuri smacked Taeyeon's arm. "Two years!? Seriously?"

"Why didn't you tell us you had a girlfriend sooner?" Sooyoung smacked Taeyeon's head.

"You didn't ask." Taeyeon cowered.

"We shouldn't have to," Hyoyeon argued. "That's why we're friends. You're suppose to tell us major life events like this." Hyoyeon got up ready to smack Taeyeon as well.

The crowd on the TV roared and captured everyone's attention. On screen, Yuri could be seen walking to Sooyoung. Sooyoung whispered something into Yuri's ear that made her blush deeply. She turned back to the crown and smiled awkwardly.

---------------

"That reminds me," Yuri turned to a smirking Sooyoung, "I still haven't forgiven you for that!"

"It's been years Yuri, get over it." Sooyoung grabbed the control and turned the volume down. "Besides, I was on stage half the time with a sign on my back that you put on, so we're even."

"No we're not. Everyone forgot about that because they were too busy making fun of me!" Yuri argued.

"No they didn't." Sooyoung argued. "That nickname stuck with me 'till graduation."

"Be honest," Yuri smirked, "Everyone's always called you that. Ever since preschool when you stole everyone's juice and snacks."

"But it got worse." Sooyoung defended.

"Guys!" Sunny called. "You weren't the only one's who were embarrassed. Did you forget Yoona, Taeyeon, and I were also in it? Why don't you think we received any further punishment? It's because the principal thought the humiliation was already punishment enough."

"No, the reason you guy's didn't receive any more punishment was because Seohyun was his favorite student. If he punished you guy's, he would have had to punish her too and he wasn't going to punish the star of our school." Hyoyeon reasoned. "Besides, being humiliated wouldn't really be a punishment because you guy's were always the of everyone's jokes anyway. You guys were probably used to it by now." Hyoyeon laughed. "Seohyun and I were the only normal ones."

Everyone, except Tiffany, groaned and threw their wrappers toward Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon only laughed more.

There was a knock on the door and Tiffany, who was closest to the door, quickly got up and opened it.

"Oh, sorry," They heard a girl say. "I think this is the wrong place. Yoona, could you text Taeyeon-unnie and tell her she gave us the wrong address?"

"But Seohyun, I thought I heard them in there." Another girl's voice could be heard.

"You're looking for your friend's reunion party, right?" Tiffany opened the door wider so the girl's could see the rest of the girl's inside. They waved and Yoona walked in. Seohyun, being more polite, waited until Tiffany invited her in.

"Sorry we're late," Yoona apologized, joining the girls. "We had some things we had to do."

"What kinds of things?" Sunny asked.

"Things." Yoona simply stated.

"Okay then." Yuri looked at her confused.

"Hello-" Seohyun joined them.

"Maknae!" Yuri and Sooyoung tackle hugged her. "We love you."

"What?" Seohyun asked, confused.

"Hey, back off her." Yoona tried to pry Yuri and Sooyoung off Seohyun.

"Aww, yoong, why you gotta be like that?" Yuri teased, "Can't you share?"

Yoona grabbed Seohyun and pulled her away from Sooyoung and Yuri.

"I'm not an object." Seohyun said.

"Guy's, stop teasing Yoona." Taeyeon piped up. "And come sit down."

The all did what Taeyeon said and sat down.

"Okay, first thing's first." Taeyeon stood up. "This right here," she pulled Tiffany who was about to sit back down, "is my girlfriend Tiffany, and before either of you two say something, I know, you didn't think I had it in me, but guess what? Apparently I do."

"I'm happy for you unnie." Seohyun smiled politely. "It's nice to meet you Tiffany. Please take care of my unnie."

Yoona stared wide eyed at Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"Wait!" Yoona stood up. "But I thought you," she pointed to Taeyeon and then Sunny, "and Sunny were together." Sunny looked to Taeyeon and Tiffany, scared.

Yuri laughed nervously. "Stop joking around." She pulled Yoona back down.

"Yeah Yoona, stop being such a jokester. This isn't an appropriate time." Sooyoung discretely pinched Yoona's thigh.

"But-" Yoona said.

Hyoyeon grabbed some chips and shoved them into Yoona's mouth.

Sunny took advantage of the situation and joined in as well.

"Yoona, if you keep saying thing's like that, you might scare Tiffany." Sunny laughed. "Don't worry Tiffany. Taeyeon's all yours."

Tiffany and Taeyeon laughed, oblivious to the nervous undertone in the room.

"We brought a board game." Seohyun said.

---------------

"Can we eat now?" Sooyoung banged her head on the coffee table. "I'm hungry."

"I'm hungry too." Yoona whined.

"But we're not done playing." Taeyeon moved her piece in the monopoly board.

"But monopoly take's like 6 hours to finish!" Sooyoung whined.

"I don't care. I'm winning." Sunny counted her fake money.

Sooyoung huffed. She turned to Tiffany, who had already lost the game, and began talking to her.

"Hyoyeon, help me out here." Yuri begged when she landed on one of Hyoyeon's property. "You love me right?"

"Nope, hand it over." Hyoyeon put her hand out. Yuri handed the last of her money over to Hyoyeon. Now the only one's left playing were Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Taeyeon, and Sunny.

"I can't take waiting any longer!" The  second shikshin (Yoona) sat up and flipped the board over. "There, game's over."

"Yoona!" Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, and Sunny yelled.

"Time to eat!" Sooyoung got up and ran to the kitchen. The rest of the girls' followed her.

---------------

"Tippany," Taeyeon whispered into Tiffany's ear as they set up the table.

"Huh?" Tiffany turned her attention to Taeyeon.

"When we begin eating, eat as fast as you can." Taeyeon continued whispering into her ear.

"Why?" Tiffany asked.

"Because of those two." Taeyeon gestured to Sooyoung and Yoona. "If you don't hurry up, they'll get to the food before you can. Trust me."

"You're joking, right?" Tiffany asked, but Taeyeon had already left.

---------------

Turns out Taeyeon wasn't joking. Tiffany watched in amazement as most of the food disappeared into those two's stomachs.

Is there a black hole in there? She wondered. How can they not be full yet?

She herself was full because she had followed Taeyeon's advice, as were most of the other's.

Must be common knowledge.

Tiffany smiled watching Taeyeon's friends goof around. She wish she had had friends like these when she was younger. They were a little strange and goofy, but they brought joy wherever they went.

---------------

"I should go now." Hyoyeon spoke up as finished helping the rest clean up.

"What!?" Yoona looked up from washing the dishes. "You can't."

"Yeah Hyoyeon." Yuri said. "What about the sleepover?"

"It's a tradition." Taeyeon blocked the door. "That's the whole point I invited you all over."

"But most of us are 23 years old." Hyoyeon argued. "Don't you think we're getting a little old for this? Besides, I bet Tiffany doesn't want all of us crowding up her place."

"I don't mind." Tiffany said.

"I don't think we're too old." Sooyoung defended.

"Yeah, me neither." Sunny said.

"I thought we were going to do this until we were old and wrinkly?" Yoona said." Weren't we?"

"Yep." Taeyeon agreed.

"Yes."

"Uhuh."

Seohyun nodded.

"But it's a long ride home." Hyoyeon argued.

"Too bad." Taeyeon locked the door.

---------------

"Hey guys?" Hyoyeon spoke up in the middle of the night. "Will we really do this until we're old?"

"Yes," They all said.

"Then can we do one thing?" She asked.

"What?" Someone in the corner of the room spoke up.

"Can we invite Tiffany into the group already?" Hyoyeon said, "I feel kind of bad with her sleeping in another room."

The light's and Taeyeon ran to her room.

When she came back, she had a sleepy Tiffany in tow.

"What's going on?" She asked, rubbing sleep out of her eyes.

"Your sleeping with us," Taeyeon smiled.

"will I even fit?" Tiffany looked around the living room.

"We'll make her fit." Yuri said determinedly. "Guy's scoot over a bit."

"It's okay," Taeyeon spoke up, "She can sleep with me. I'll share my sleeping bag with her."

"And leave the possibility you two corrupting our baby?" Sooyoung got up. "Never. You guy's are lucky I have extra sleeping bags in my car, just in case. I'll be right back."

Sooyoung walked out of the apartment.

"Sooyoung!" Yuri opened the door and yelled after her. "I forgot my Mickey mouse blanket in your car. Could you get it for me?"

"Wait, don't we still need to initiate her into the group?" Yoona asked.

"We'll do it tomorrow, or another time or something..." Hyoyeon said sleepily. "I'm going to sleep."

 


Author's note: Apparently most of SNSD are SunYeon shippers, haha.

*Remember the last chapter where Yuri did something to Sooyoung, but she didn't know what? Well now you know. :P

You guy's are probably rolling your eyes by now, but if I were you I would enjoy it because it won't last forever. (I'm going to try to break your hearts with the next chapter but if it makes you feel any better, I'm probably going to fail.)

Oh, and I asked if anyone wanted to read my rough drafts before I released them so I could know if they were stupid or not, but no one said anything so you get stuck with this.

P.S: Some of you guy's are really good at guessing what's going to happen next. I must be very obvious.