Jessica's Morning

Something's gotta give

 

Jessica woke up to the sound of knocking. She pulled her blanket over her head and tried to ignore it, quickly dozing back to sleep.

The knocking came again.

She stayed in bed, determined to sleep.

They'll probably give up soon.

Again she heard someone knocking. She checked the time. Way to early to deal with anyone right now.

She finally gave up when the knocking came again. She got up and walked to the door. When she opened it she found no one present.

Did they give up?

She looked around and saw a little kid running away.

She huffed in anger and went back to bed. She soon found herself in dreamland again.

Not a few minutes later and the knocking came again.

Jessica groaned in frustration.

What is it now?

She got up to check it and was met with the same result.

Wait until I find out who your mom is you little pest.

She heard someone knocking again.

Oh, hell no.

She turned around and flung the door open.

"Do you have a death wish?!"

Standing before her was no other than Sunny, frozen to her spot, probably out of shock.

Jessica mentally slapped herself.

"N-no, I thought you were someone else." Jessica tried to explain.

Sunny fidgeted for a moment before fumbling to get something. She handed it to her.

"I think the mailman put it in the wrong mailbox by mistake."

Jessica looked at it for a moment before she took her mail.

"Oh." Jessica uttered.

Great, she probably thinks I'm bipolar now.

Sunny nodded and walked to her place.

"I swear I'm not bipolar!" Jessica yelled after her.

She felt her cheeks burn.

Why. Did. I. Just. Say. That? Jessica mentally cried, and turned around. She quickly closing the door behind her.

Jessica cupped her face and leaned against the door.

Great, my neighbor is probably now sure I'm bipolar, and crazy.

----------

Sunny blinked in confusion and walked back to her place.

A little kid ran past her and toward Jessica's place.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Sunny asked the little boy.

The little boy stopped, with his hand mid-air, about to knock on Jessica's door, and looked at her.

He turned around and ran away.

That was weird. Was that what she was talking about?

She watched the little boy turn a corner.

----------

"Sunny, want to watch a movie with us?" Taeyeon pleaded as she walked inside. "You promised, remember?"

She was sitting on the couch with her arm wrapped around Tiffany.

"I'm sorry Tae, I'm going out. I have something I have to do." Sunny made up an excuse. She didn't want to sit two hours with Taeyeon and Tiffany cuddling next to her. The awkwardness would kill her. Metaphorically speaking of coarse.

"What, can I go with you?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm sorry. I-I'm meeting someone." She mumbled. She scanned her surroundings and saw the coat rack. "I just came to grab something warmer."

She put away her jacket and grabbed a warmer one.

"Who are you meeting? And why can't I hang with you guys?" Taeyeon asked curious. 

Sunny scrambled her brain, trying to think of someone. She had just moved here so she didn't know that many people.

"J-Jessica," Sunny named the first person that came to mind.

Taeyeon's eyes widened.

"Jessi?!" Tiffany asked. She squealed and got up. Taeyeon stayed frozen in her spot.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you guys." Tiffany hugged Sunny.

"W-what?" Sunny asked confused.

"That's why you don't want Tae to join you two. You two are going on a date, right?" Tiffany smiled.

Date?

"I've been trying to set up Jessi on dates for the longest time, but she always finds a way to squirm out of them." Tiffany walked around the room and continued, oblivious to the other two. "All she wants to do is stay home and sleep, or read her books and magazines."

"I don't understand why she can't just play nice. It's so hard to set her up on dates, you know. She beautiful but she scares half her dates away because she's so cold." Tiffany turned around and walked to Sunny again.

"Take good care of her. She has a good heart, but she just a hard time expressing it. Don't be intimidated bt that cold aura." Tiffany hugged Sunny again.

Tiffany let go and walked to the door.

"W-what are you doing?" Sunny asked worriedly.

"I'm going to tell her how proud I am with her for finally taking my advice and going on date."

Before Sunny could stop her, Tiffany had gone out the door.

I'm screwed. I'm so so  so screwed.

"With Sica?" Taeyeon finally asked, still in shock.

--------------

Jessica heard someone knock on her door again.

I am so not going to open it again.

More knocking followed.

Never ever again.

She was laying on her couch, burying her face deep into one of her throw pillows, when the door barged open.

"What the hell!" Jessica sat up.

Tiffany walked to her, forgetting to close the door, and stood before her with a smug smile on her face.

"Jessi~" Tiffany sang.

"Are you going to tell me why you nearly broke my door down?" Jessica clutched her chest, feeling her heart slow back to a normal pace. She looked at her poor door before she returned her attention to Tiffany. Jessica finally noticed her expression.

Oh hell no. Not that smile. When she wears that smile. It either means she's about to set me up on another one of her stupid dates  or she's going to brag about something. Either way, bad for me.

"And why are you wearing such an annoying look on your face? Ew, wipe it off quickly." Jessica continued.

Tiffany's smile only grew.

"Okay Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, what is this about?" Jessica finally asked.

"Don't act stupid Jessi, you know." Tiffany hugged her.

"So you've finally lost it." Jessica whispered.

Sunny walked into Jessica's place.

"Oh, look, there's your date." Tiffany let go of Jessica.

Date? What?

She looked at Sunny and saw fear in her eyes.

"I'm so proud Jessi. I told you. Didn't I tell you?" Tiffany smiled. "But why haven't you gotten ready yet?"

She pointed to the pajama's she was still wearing.

Sunny cupped her hands, doing a pleading sign, when Tiffany had her back to her so she wouldn't notice.

Am I suppose to play along?

"Um, that's because," Jessica looked around the room trying to come up with something, "because I wanted to ask you to help me choose an outfit."

Sunny sighed in relief.

"Really?" Tiffany's eyes twinkled.

Oh god, after today, she's never going to shut up about this.

"But wait," Tiffany stopped.

Jessica and Sunny froze.

"why didn't you come to me earlier. Sunny weren't you about to leave for your date?" Tiffany asked.

"T-That's because," Jessica quickly butted in, "it totally slipped my mind." She laughed nervously.

"What?" Tiffany asked. She grabbed Jessica's shoulders and shook her.

"How can you just forget about your own date? What is wrong with you?"

Jessica grew dizzy.

"Tiffany stop!" Taeyeon walked in.

"But Tae-Tae," Tiffany whined, "She forgot about their date. What kind of person does that?"

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and Sunny before turning to Tiffany.

"That's their business Tiffany, not ours." She grabbed Tiffany's hand and dragged her out.

"Sorry," Taeyeon bowed before she continued to pull Tiffany back to their place. When they heard Taeny's door close, they looked at each other.

"Date?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know. I just said one thing and she completely misunderstood it." Sunny explained as she closed Jessica's door.

Jessica nodded.

That seems like Tiffany.

"What did you say?" Jessica asked curiously.

Sunny fidgeted before she spoke.

"Just that I was going to meet someone." Sunny replied.

"That's why. If you ever tell Tiffany that you're going to meet someone, she will immediately think you're going to meet someone, like a date. It could just be a friend, but she'll think that it's more." Jessica explained. "But why did she think it was me?"

"I might have said I was going to meet you." Sunny mumbled, looking at her shoes.

Me?

"Why?" Jessica asked surprised.

"I don't like you!" Sunny quickly began.

Thanks...

"Don't get me wrong, I do like you, but not  like they way Tiffany thinks. It's just you were the first person that came to mind."

"You weren't really going to meet anyone were you?" Jessica rubbed her temples.

"No," Sunny confirmed nervously.

"Why did you tell them you were?" Jessica asked.

"It's complicated." Sunny rubbed her arm.

"Okay." Jessica looked around trying to think of something else to change the subject. She could tell Sunny was uncomfortable.

"Well, you can't just go home right now. They think we're going on a date." Jessica began, and gestured to the wall that seperated her place from Taeny's, "So what do you say to getting something to eat?"

Sunny looked at her.

"Not as a date." Jessica added. "Just to pass the time so they don‘t become suspicious.. and because I'm hungry."

"Sure." Sunny agreed. "But it's not a date."