SunYeon, Jeti Day, Part 2

Something's gotta give

 

SunYeon, Kitchen


"Are you trying to impress Jessica?" Taeyeon handed Sunny a drink.

"No,"Sunny stopped her drinking and looked at Taeyeon puzzled. "Why do you say that?"

"You're cleaning your room." Taeyeon explained.

"Ya, are we really going there again?" Sunny for her slipper.

"Wait, hear me out." Taeyeon quickly held her hands up, ready to defend herself.

"Okay, what do you have to say?" Sunny said, slipper ready.

"As far as I remember, you've had a messy room." Taeyeon explained carefully. "Why would you suddenly start cleaning your room with the excuse that "You just want a clean room" When you've never bothered before? Wny now?"

Sunny looked at Taeyeon suspiciously.

"And just a bit ago, you went on a date with Jessica," Taeyeon continued.

"You know what that makes me think?" Taeyeon smirked.

"What?" Sunny asked, already guessing where this was headed.

If I know Taeyeon at all...

"You don't want her to see your messy room when you invite her over," Taeyeon wiggled her eyes suggestively, "or else it could ruin the mood."

"What is wrong with you?" Sunny hit Taeyeon on the head with her slipper.

"Ow, Sunny!" Taeyeon whined, clutching her head. "Why are you so violent?"

"Why are you such a ert." Sunny countered.

"But Sunny, what other explanation is there?" Taeyeon defended herself.

"A lot, you byuntae." Sunny accused.

"Ok, like?" Taeyeon pressed.

"Like maybe I really do just want a clean room?" Sunny tried again.

"Don't believe you." Taeyeon said stubbornly.

"Believe what you want." Sunny shook her head, giving up. She took a sip of her drink.

"She doesn't like me very much." Taeyeon broke in.

"Who?" Sunny asked puzzled.

"Jessica," Taeyeon answered. "Ever since I met her, she's always been so... mean."

"That's just Jessica," Sunny argued.

"But with me..." Taeyeon spoke glumly. "It's like she has something against me."

"Did you do something to her?" Sunny asked, now remembering the incident from earlier.

"No, that's why I don't understand why she's like that with me." Taeyeon muttered.

Sunny patting Taeyeon's back consolingly.

---------------

JeTi, Mall


Jessica turned, checking herself out in the mirror.

Hate to admit it, but this shirt does kind of look nice...

The door to her stall opened.

Jessica screamed in surprise. Tiffany shushing her.

"Jesus," Jessica huffed angrily, "Do you not know what knocking is?"

"Relax," Tiffany walked in. "It's just me."

"What do you want?" Jessica asked irritated, "What's so important that you couldn't ask me, outside?

"I wanted to see what it looks like on you." Tiffany gestured to the shirt Jessica was wearing. "Ooh, told you it was cute."

"It's okay," Jessica answered dismissively, but inside she loved that shirt more and more.

"You like it, don't you?" Tiffany smiled knowingly.

"Could you leave now?" Jessica avoided Tiffany's question and pushing her out of the stall.

-----------------

SunYeon, Sunny's Room


Sunny and Taeyeon had finishing their drinks and were cleaning Sunny‘s room again.

"Hey Sunny," Taeyeon spoke up, "I've been meaning to ask you. How did your interview go?"

"It was pretty good," She muttered dejectedly, "But I don't think I'm going to get the job."

"Why's that?"

"Because I haven't gotten a call back or anything," Sunny ooked under the bed.

"It's ok," Taeyeon consoled Sunny. "You can always work somewhere else anyway."

"But-" Sunny stopped mid sentence.

"But what?" Taeyeon looked at Sunny worried.

"I feel like I'm imposing on you guys." Sunny muttered, careful to disguise the real reason.

"It's okay." Taeyeon continuing to console Sunny. "We don't really mind."

“I know...” Sunny trailed off.

Most of the room was now clean, just one more place to clean. She began to pull out everything under it.

She stopped when she pulled out a DVD case.

"What's that?" Taeyeon asked Sunny curiously.

Sunny turned the DVD case over so Taeyeon could see the title.

School Charity Event

-----------------

Flashback:


"Guys, what are doing back here?" Sooyoung walked backstage with Seohyun in tow.

Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, and Sunny looked up.

"The auctions going to start soon, unnie." Seohyun informed Sooyoung. "We should get ready."

"I know Seohyun, we will, as soon as I get these goofballs off my stage." Sooyoung patteed Seohyun's head
.

"You're stage?" Hyoyeon asked Sooyoung.

"Yes, my stage, I'm hosting this event, so shoo." Sooyoung shooed them away playfully.

"Aw, come on Sooyoung, don't be like that." Yuri hugged Sooyoung. "I'll buy you dinner later, if you let us stay here longer."

"Really?" Sooyoung's eyes lit up. "Wait, how do I know you're not lying?" She asked suspiciously.

"Because I-" Yuri was interrupted by some snickering behind her.

"What are you guy's laughing about?" Sooyoung looked at the rest of of their friends.

"Nothing." Hyoyeon replied.

"I don't believe you guys." Sooyoung argued. "Spill it."

"Really, it's nothing." Yoona backed Hyoyeon.

Sooyoung eyed them suspiciously.

"Unnie," Seohyun tugged on Sooyoung's shirt.

"What?" Sooyoung looked at Seohyun.

Seohyun pointed to a mirror.

"Please don't ruin it for us, Seohyun." Yoona whispered into Seohyun's ear.

Sooyoung walked toward the mirror and studied herself.

"I don't see anything wrong, just my usual gorgeous self." Sooyoung turned around.

Everyone but Sooyoung and Seohyun rolled their eyes, partly because Seohyun was too respectful.

Seohyun debated with herself whether she should say something or not. Eventually her conscious won her over and she decided to tell Sooyoung.

"Unnie, look at your b-" Yuri covered Seohyun's mouth before she could finish.

"Hyunnie..." Yoona whined. Seohyun looked at her apologetically. She would have apologized, but was still covered.

"What?" Sooyoung looked at them frowning.

"It's nothing," Yuri tried.

"Why are you cover then?" Sooyoung demanded. "Let her go Yuri."

"If you don't say anything, I'll make Yoona buy you sweet potatoes." Yuri whispered into Seohyun's ears before letting her go.

"What is it Seohyun?" Sooyoung asked once she was free.

Seohyun kept quiet and looked at her feet.

"Ya, you bribed her didn't you?" Sooyoung pointed an accusing finger to Yuri. "Tell me or I'll make you pay." She warned.

When no one said anything, Sooyoung started chasing a laughing Yuri.

On the other side of the stage, were Sunny and Taeyeon looking through the artwork that was up for auction.

"What does this look like to you?" Sunny pointing at a glass sculpture.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows in response.

"I was thinking the same thing." Sunny replied.

She looked at some other pieces before picking up a painting.

"What about this?" Sunny handed it to Taeyeon.

"It looks like something my little sister would draw." Taeyeon replied.

"Get out of the way!" Yuri yelled, running in between them. "You can't catch me Shikshin!"

Taeyeon moved the painting out of the way just in time. Sunny and Taeyeon looked at each other confused.

"What was tha-" Taeyeon whispered, but before she could finish, Sooyoung ran into them and knocked both Sunny and Taeyeon over.

Taeyeon heard a loud gasp and picked herself up, confused. She looked toward the girls and saw them all shocked.

"What?" She asked them.

Sooyoung, who stood closest to them, picked up the painting, and handed it to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked at it and saw a large gash in the middle. She then looked at Sunny and found her brushing glass off of her cloths.

Wait, glass...

She looked down and saw thousands of glass pieces on the ground. The glass sculpture lay shattered on the ground.

Those were supposed to be auctioned.

"What are we going to do?" Seohyun spoke up, worried.

"Calm down, there are more pieces, look." Hyoyeon pointed to the other art pieces.

"But those two were the stars of the show." Sooyoung argued, worried. "We are so dead." She bit her lip.

"I have an idea." Yoona piped up. "I saw it in a movie once." *

"What?" The girls' looked at her hopefully.

"Charity dating." Yoona spoke.

"What?" Hyoyeon asked Yoona.

"The person who bids the highest, win's a date with whoever is being auctioned." Yoona told them.

"Are you crazy?" Sooyoung asked her.

"What else can we do to make up for the loss?" Yuri asked Sooyoung.

Taeyeon looked at Sunny.

"No," She rejected her quietly so the rest wouldn't hear. She knew what Taeyeon was implying. "I'm not going to ask my parents to get me out of this one."

"But Sunny."

"No Taeyeon,"

Taeyeon gave up. She knew how stubborn Sunny could be when she was set on something.

"Are you actually serious?" Sooyoung asked Yuri, oblivious to Taeyeon and Sunny's quiet conversation.

"If we don't, we'll get in so much trouble." Yuri argued. "At least this way, we can make up some of what we lost and hopefully lower our punishments."

"Fine, but how will we do this?" Sooyoung asked them.

"I don't know, you're the host, can't you fit us in?" Hyoyeon suggested.

"Wait," Sooyoung held her temples, "Who's going to in the auction, because I can't, I'm hosting the event, and we aren't having Seohyun do it either. She's our baby."

"Unnie, I'm not that much younger than the rest of you." Seohyun insisted softly.

"Still, we aren't letting you do this." Yoona hugged her protectively. "You didn't do anything, and we don't want you to get in trouble."

"We need to choose someone attractive." Yoona continued.

Everyone turned to her.

"What?" She looked at the group.

"We have our first volunteer." Sooyoung spoke up.

"Oh..." Yoona realized what she had done.

"But shouldn't we have more than one person?" Yuri asked. "Maybe we should also pick someone who is popular around school."

"We have our second volunteer." Sooyoung announced.

Yoona and Yuri shared a glance.

Everyone kept quiet so they wouldn't be picked.

"Come on guys, these two won't be enough, we need at least two more people if we really want to make up for the loss." Sooyoung encouraged.

"Hyoyeon, you're a dancer so you'd get a lot of bidders. What do you say?" Sooyoung turned to her.

"I can't." Hyoyeon rubbed her back nerviously.

"Why?" Sooyoung asked her.

"I have to..." Hyoyeon looked around. "I'm helping Seohyun backstage." Hyoyeon looked at Seohyun who nodded.

"Then it's up to you two shorties." Sooyoung turned to Sunny and Taeyeon.

"W-what?" They both spoke at the same time.

"Come on, let's get you ready." Sooyoung pushed them all to the dressing rooms.

--------------

Present Time, SunYeon, Sunny's Room


"My sides." Sunny held her sides as she laughed. "Ow."

"You still have that?" Taeyeon gasped in between her laughter.

"Don't you?" Sunny tried to stifle her laughter.

"I think I left it at my parents house." Taeyeon held her stomach.

They both calmed down enough to look at each other.

"Remember the part when Yuri came on stage?" Sunny stared laughing again.

"Don't remind me," Taeyeon laughing again, as well. "Sooyoung, ahaha... But Yuri had it coming."

"Did you see the principal's expression?" Taeyeon asked Sunny.

They slowly calmed down again.

"We should watch it later," Sunny finally spoke.

Taeyeon nodded.

----------------

JeTi, Food Court of Mall:


"So~" Tiffany nudged Jessica.

"So what?" Jessica echoed.

"How was your date?" Tiffany pushed.

"It was okay." Jessica answered nonchalantly.

"Just okay?" Tiffany asked her indignantly.

"Yeah,we went out for breakfast, walked around, talked, nothing special." Jessica said. "What do you expect me to say? It was the best thing that ever happened in my life?"

"You're so uncaring about your date." Tiffany complained, "Don't you think those comments would hurt Sunny's feelings?"

"Doubt it," Jessica frowned, "I bet she feels the same way."

Tiffany sat stunned.

"So Sunny's not the one," Tiffany asked Jessica.

"I don't think so." Jessica finished.

"Aww..." Tiffany whined. "Does this mean no double dates?"

Jessica stopped sipping her drink and looked seriously at Tiffany.

"Even if were to actually find someone I liked, I wouldn't go on a double date with you and that midg-," Jessica corrected herself, "that girl."

"She's really nice, if you would just give her a cha-" Tiffany began.

"Don't ask for more than I already did, Tiffany, Okay?" Jessica interrupted Tiffany. "I already went out of my way. Don't expect me to go and hug her too."

"Jes-" Tiffany tried.

"Let's not talk about this, okay?" Jessica stopped Tiffany before she could even start.

"But listen-"

"Don't, please don't go there."

"Go where?"

"You don't think I know what you're doing?" Jessica finally snapped. "Setting me up on all those dates?"

"I just thought-" Tiffany defended herself.

Jessica took a deep breath to calm herself, before interrupting Tiffany again. "Look Tiff, I know you're trying to help, but you're making things harder for me. I just need time. I'll get better, but don't shove me into things I'm not ready for yet, okay?"

"Okay," Tiffany agreed sadly. "I'm sorry Jessi."

Tiffany and Jessica hugged.

-------------

SunYeon, Sunny's Room


Taeyeon and Sunny looked around the room triumphantly. They had finally finished cleaning.

"Good job!" Taeyeon held up her hand. Sunny high-fived it.

"Doesn't it look nice?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

"Yep." Taeyeon nodded.

"Want to watch the video now?" Sunny showed Taeyeon the DVD.

"Yes!" Taeyeon agreed cheerfully and walked out Sunny's door. "I'll get the popcorn ready while you put it on."

Sunny smiled and heading to the living room. She put it in and waited for Taeyeon to finish so she could start it.

"Okay, ready." Taeyeon announced as she walked into the living room and handed a bowl of popcorn to Sunny. Sunny pressed play.

As the movie began, Taeyeon snuggled onto Sunny's arm. Sunny stiffened slightly.

Taeyeon glanced toward Sunny, noticing Sunny's discomfort.

"Is everything okay?" Taeyeon asked her.

"Yep," Sunny pulled her arm from Taeyeon's grasp and reached for the popcorn with it. She then sat a little further away as subtly as possible. No one else would have noticed or thought anything of the action, but, Taeyeon was an exception.

They watched the video in tense silence.

Did I do something to upset her?

We were fine a moment ago.

One moment we were laughing and getting along, but now...

I can't take it anymore.


"Okay, what's up Sunny?" Taeyeon urged. "Why are you acting like this?"

Sunny looks at her nervously.

"Acting like what?" Sunny asked.

"So, so.." Taeyeon tries to find the words to say, "So, not Sunny."

She gave up trying to find a word to describe Sunny's actions and said the first thing that came to mind.

"Did I do something? " Taeyeon sat closer to Sunny and asked worried.

"No," Sunny denied, "It's not what you think, Tae."

"Then, what is it?" Taeyeon pressed.

Sunny shook her head.

"Fine then," Taeyeon held Sunny's hands, "I'll go first."

"I'm  afraid to lose you again Sunny," Taeyeon began, "and I've been trying so hard to keep our friendship intact this time. I miss the way we used to be."

"I miss that too." Sunny muttered.

"And, I'm willing to go the extra mile to get where we were." Taeyeon continued. "If there is something that I did to hurt you, I'm sorry, but please don't punish me anymore."
 
"Taeyeon-" Sunny tried, but she didn't know what to say.

"Did I?" Taeyeon interrupted.

"Did you what?" Sunny asked.

"Did I do something to hurt your feelings?" Taeyeon clarified.

"No, Tae," Sunny pushed Taeyeon away, who was now very very close to her, and stood up.

"Sunny," Taeyeon grabbed Sunny's arm. "Don't lie to me."

Sunny sighed and realized she was trapped.

"When you met Tiffany, you started ignoring me," Sunny finally opened up. "Did I really mean so little to you that you forgot me so easily as soon as you found someone else?"

"But Sunny," Taeyeon defended herself, "I tried to talk to you, but you ignored me."

"And yet, I received less and less of your calls," Sunny argued. "We used to talk on the phone every night, but it changed to once a week, and then once a month. If you really tried so hard, then why did that happen?"

"I-" Taeyeon sat, lost for words.

"I was busy." She finally muttered.

"Busy with college or chasing Tiffany?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon sat quietly.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon finally spoke, very quietly.

Sunny slumped her shoulders guiltily.

"It's not all your fault." Sunny sat back down with Taeyeon.

"I could have tried harder too." She admitted. "But something got in the way."

"What?" Taeyeon hugged Sunny apologetically.

"Something I'm not ready to talk about yet." Sunny sighed sadly, hugging Taeyeon back.

"When you are ready, will you tell me?" Taeyeon sqeezed her tightly.

"Maybe."

-------------

Later in the day:


Jessica and Tiffany walked into Tae2ny's(?) house to find Sunny and Taeyeon cooking together in the kitchen, laughing at who knew what. They had yet to figure out that they had come home.

Tiffany got an idea and walked into kitchen. She hugged Taeyeon from behind.

Jessica watched the two and noticed Sunny doing the same.

"Hey, Sunny!" Jessica called out.

Sunny walked to Jessica.

"Hey," Sunny greeted Jessica again.

"What's up?" Jessica gesturing toward Taeyeon and Tiffany with her eyes. Taeyeon was giving Tiffany a sample of what they had cooked.

Sunny got Jessica's message.

"I'll tell you some other time, okay?" Sunny replied.

"Sure," Jessica patted Sunny's head.

Taeyeon joined the two.

"Jessica" Taeyeon tried. "Tiffany and I-I was wondering if you would you like to join us for dinner?"

"No thank you." Jessica declined curtly. "I have other things I have to do."

"I'll see you two another time." Jessica said her fair-well's to Sunny and Tiffany, and left.

Sunny caught a glimpse of Taeyeon's dejected look.

The atmosphere grew stiff.

Sunny took note of the situation.

"Why is there so much food?" Tiffany asked, trying to lighten the mood, "Are we going to feed an elephant?"

"Yeah, you never told me why we needed to cook so much. What's this for?" Sunny asked Taeyeon as well.

"Remember earlier today?" Taeyeon turned to Sunny.

"A lot of thing's happened earlier today..." Sunny said confused.
 
"You'll see what I'm talking about later." Taeyeon nudged Sunny, "Just get ready."

"Get ready for what?" Sunny asked.

"It's a surprise." Taeyeon smiled.

"Then how am I suppose to get ready if I don't know what I'm getting ready for?" Sunny argued.

"Just look nice, okay?" Taeyeon pushed Sunny to her room. "And don't leave it a mess again."

Sunny walked into her room, still confused.

"Does this have to do with what you told me earlier?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded.


 


The reason it took so long for me to update this was because it was a long chapter (or at least it was to me), so I ended up splitting it in two.

*If you guy's know what movie Yoona's reffering to, we should be friends. (If you don't, we should be friends anyway.)

Comment guys, I worked really hard on this one. Apparently I'm a comment , and comments keep me happy. You guys want a happy writer, right? Or do you guys want a tragedy? (I'm obviously joking, but still.... )