SunYeon, JeTi Day

Something's gotta give

 

Sunny picked up some of her dirty clothes and walked carefully across her messy room to her closet. After putting it in her dirty laundry basket, she walked back across and grabbed some wrappers on her nightstand, ready to throw it away in a plastic trash bag she had ready to aid her in her quest in cleaning her room. Except, it was full. She sighed, and grabbed the bag, walking out of her room to take it outside to the dumpster.

Sunny opened the front door and found Jessica standing in front of her, hand frozen mid-air, about to knock on door. Jessica quickly put her hand back down.

"I'm looking for Tiffany." Jessica informed. "Could you get her?"

But before Sunny could, Tiffany walked into the living room and saw them.

"Jessi!" Tiffany walked excitedly toward them and hugged Jessica.

"Hey," Jessica patted Tiffany's back.

"Excuse me." Sunny walked past the two and walked down to the dumpster.

When she came back, she found Jessica sitting on the couch.

"It's shopping Monday." Jessica explained, answering Sunny's unvoiced question. "Tiffany's getting her things."

Taeyeon walked down the hall toward the living room, happily unaware of Jessica's presence. It wasn't until she was within view that she noticed Jessica. She froze and walked backwards quietly, hoping she wouldn't been seen.

"Ow, Taeyeon, what are you doing?" Jessica and Sunny both heard Tiffany. They turned and saw Taeyeon and Tiffany in the hall.

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon out into the living room.

"Stop being so strange Taeyeon." Tiffany complained.

"H-hello." Taeyeon greeted nervously.

"Hey," Jessica acknowledged dryly.

"I'm ready to go, Jessi." Tiffany ignoring the tension between Taeyeon and Jessica.

"K, let's go." Jessica quickly glanced to Taeyeon, and in those two seconds, managed to glare imaginary daggers into Taeyeon, making Taeyeon fidget and shrink under her glare.

Jessica took her eyes off Taeyeon and walked to the door, opening it, and waiting for Tiffany.

"I'll see you later." Tiffany kissed Taeyeon's cheek, and walked to Jessica.

She turned to Sunny.

"Would you like to join us?" She asked.

Sunny pondered for a moment, but before she could accept or decline, Taeyeon broke in. "She can't remember? Plans. Later." She emphasized the last two words, sending a silent message with her eyes.

Sunny looked at Taeyeon questionably.

"You'll understand later," Was all Taeyeon said.

"Okay then, I'll be back before dinner." Tiffany informed Taeyeon before she and Jessica left.

"Are you cold?" Taeyeon shuddered.

"No," Sunny answered, puzzled by the random question, "Why?"

"Every time she walks in, the atmosphere get's colder." Taeyeon gesturing toward the door with her chin.

"Are you talking about Jessica?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

"Yes," Taeyeon said, emphasizing her yes, "Who else would I be talking about?"

Sunny shrugged her shoulders.

"What do you mean "Plans. Later."?" Sunny air-quoting Taeyeon's words.

"You'll see later, it's a surprise." Taeyeon smiled mysteriously.

Sunny decided to not prod Taeyeon and walked back to her room. Taeyeon followed her.

She didn't bother closing the door. She knew Taeyeon would enter anyway.

She knelt down and picked up some of her cloths, continuing to cleaning as Taeyeon watched her.

"Can I help?" Taeyeon asked.

Normally, she would have declined, but she knew that she would be done sooner if she just accepted. Besides, if she constantly declined Taeyeon, Taeyeon might start getting suspicious, and she didn't want that.

"Sure," Sunny agreed, as she tried to figure out which of her cloths on the ground were clean and which were dirty.

Taeyeon walked into the room and sat besides Sunny.

"That shirt is dirty but those jean's are clean."

"How do you know?" Sunny asked her.

"There's a small stain on the shirt,"  Taeyeon pointing to the stain on the shirt, "and I haven't seen you wear those jeans yet."

Sunny looked at it, before putting it in a dirty pile section, along with some other dirty cloths. She set the jeans aside in the clean clothes pile.

Taeyeon picked up some of shirts and began sorting.

"This is a first." Taeyeon snickered.

"What do mean?"

"You cleaning your room." Taeyeon explained. "What's with the sudden change?"

"Ya, is it that hard to believe that I'm cleaning?" Sunny said defensibly.

"Yes." Taeyeon teased.

Sunny grabbed a nearby pillow and hit Taeyeon with it. Taeyeon laughed.

Sunny looked at Taeyeon seriously, but seeing her laugh made it hard for her.

Taeyeon tried looking back at her just as seriously but both ended up bursting into laughter.


---------------

Jeti, at the mall:


Jessica skimmed the store clothing rack, looking for something to catch her eye. So far, nothing much had.

"What do you think of this?" Tiffany held up a shirt.

"Too frilly." Jessica answered absentmindedly, moving on to another section of the store.

"What about this one?" Tiffany grabbed another shirt and held it up for Jessica to see."It's cute, right?"

"Not my taste." Jessica replied bluntly.

Tiffany walked up to her, "But it would look perfect on you."

"Try it on." Tiffany handed the shirt to Jessica.

Jessica looked at it.

"No." She handed it back to Tiffany.

"Aww, Jessi," Tiffany whined, "You're no fun."

"Join the ever growing club." Jessica replied, remembering the last person who said that to her.

"What?"

"Nothing." Jessica went on to the next clothing rack.

Jessica turned around and found a pouting Tiffany.

"Tiff, can we leave?" Jessica asked her. "There's nothing interesting here." She gestured to the store they were currently in.

"Fine, but let's try these out first." Tiffany held up a pile of clothes.

Jessica sighed, giving in, and followed Tiffany to the store dressing rooms. Tiffany suddenly turned around, nearly knocking Jessica over.

"Geez, not you too." Jessica muttered.

"Here you go," Tiffany smiled triumphantly, handing Jessica the shirt again.

Jessica sighed, taking it, "If it makes you happy."

"It does," Tiffany walked back happily to the dressing room.

----------------

SunYeon, Sunny's room:


Taeyeon picked up something from the ground.

"Hey Sunny, remember?" She asked a preoccupied Sunny. She held up a teddy bear.

----------------

Flashback:


It was a warm summer night. Lights flashed and contrasted against the dark sky. People passing by laughing with snacks in their hands. The energy was contagious.  

"Sunny, don't," Taeyeon grabbed Sunny's shirt when she noticed Sunny started walking away from their group.

"But Taeyeon, look," Sunny whined, pointing toward a carnival booth.

"What?" Taeyeon looked toward the place Sunny was pointing at and found nothing particularly interesting.

"That teddy bear," Sunny pouted. "I want it."

"No Sunny," Taeyeon dragged Sunny along with her, "we have to stay with our parents..."

Except, their parents were gone...

"Sunny," Taeyeon pulled Sunny's shirt again.

"Huh?" Sunny asked absentmindedly, still distracted by the Teddy bear.

"Our parents..." Taeyeon began.

"What?" Sunny turned, not hearing Taeyeon very well. "Where are our parent's?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

"I don't know, they were there a moment ago," Taeyeon pointed, "But now they're gone..."

Sunny looked around worried for a moment. Then her worried expression changed.

"You know what this means, Tae?" Sunny smiled mischievously.

"We're going to be kidnapped?" Taeyeon guessed softly.

"No, it means I can go get my teddy bear now!" Sunny exclaimed cheerfully, skipping toward the "balloon and dart" game.

Taeyeon followed Sunny, and grabbed her hand.

"Sunny~" Taeyeon whined loudly. "We're lost, shouldn't we look for our parents?" She shook Sunny's hand.

"Calm down, Tae." Sunny grabbed Taeyeon's shoulders and looked into Taeyeon's scared eyes calmly. "They'll come looking for us when they notice we're gone."

"But-"

"And when they notice, wouldn't it best if we stayed in one place, so they can find us sooner?" Sunny reasoned.

Taeyeon slowly swayed to Sunny's persuasion, and finally nodded.

"Good," Sunny cheered, "Now I'm going to go win that Teddy bear."

"What do I have to do to win that teddy bear?" Sunny asked the teenage boy working in the carnival booth.

"If you can pop 7 balloons, you get the bear."

"7?" Sunny said confidently, "That's easy. How much?"

"Each try is $5, and you get 10 darts," He took out some darts, "You in?"

Sunny pulled out some money and handed it to him.

"Sunny, that means you can only miss 3." Taeyeon warned.

"Don't worry so much." Sunny calmed Taeyeon down, "I'm a good at aiming."

5 tries later....

"Sunny, just give up already." Taeyeon urged Sunny.

"No, this is personal now." Sunny frowned determined.

"Give me more darts," Sunny payed the teenager.

"Are you sure kid?" He asked Sunny hesitantly, but ended up giving Sunny the darts anyway.

"I‘m-" Sunny said as she threw her first dart, she popped a balloon.

"Not-" She threw another dart, she popped another balloon.

"Giving-" The third dart missed.

She can only miss two now. Taeyeon thought worriedly.

"Up-" Fourth dart, a balloon popped.

"Yet-" Firth dart, she missed again.

One more miss... Come on Sunny. Taeyeon cheered mentally.

"That-" Sixth dart, and she popped another balloon.

"Teddy-" Seventh dart, another balloon popped.

"Bear-" Eighth dart, popped went the balloon.

"Is" The ninth dart failed.

She's so close. They all thought.

It was all to up to the last try.

"Mine" She threw the last dark.

She missed.

Sunny stood frozen, disappointment written all over her face.

Taeyeon looked at the guy pleadingly.

"Ugh, what the heck." Feeling sorry for Sunny, the guy picked up the last dart, "If your friend here can pop a balloon, you can have it."

He handed it to Taeyeon.

Sunny looked at Taeyeon hopefully.

"Come on Taeyeon, you can do it. No pressure." Sunny cheered.

Taeyeon looked nervously at the balloons.

No pressure? What are you talking about Sunny? I'm feeling a lot of pressure.

Taeyeon took a deep breath, aimed, and threw the dart.

*Pop*

Sunny hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled relieved that he hadn't let Sunny down.

"Good job." The guy congratulated Taeyeon and handed Sunny the teddy bear.

"There they are!" They heard a woman yell. They turned to the source of the sound and saw Sunny and Taeyeon's moms running to them.
"We've been looking everywhere for you two!" Sunny's mom hugged them both.

"Mom," Sunny gasped. "You're suffocating me."

"I'm sorry honey," Sunny's mom let go of both of them and looked at them both carefully, "I was just so worried. I thought something bad happened to you two." She kissed Sunny's forehead.

"Mom~" Sunny whined. Sunny's mom stopped kissing her.

When she was done, Taeyeon's mom hugged them both as well. Taeyeon smiled awkwardly until she was finished.

"Look what I got mom." Sunny held up the bear.

"It's very nice Sunny, did you win that?" Sunny's mom asked.

"No, Taeyeon won it for me." Sunny hugged the bear more closely.

Taeyeon looked down shyly.

"Did you really Taeyeon?" Sunny's mom asked.

Taeyeon nodded.

Taeyeon's mom patted her head affectionately.

"Guess what it's name is?" Sunny asked them.

"What?" everyone asked, curious.

---------------

Present Time, SunYeon, Sunny's Room:


"Mr. Sunyeon!" Sunny got up and hugged the bear. "I thought I left it at my old place. I couldn't find it anywhere."

"That's because it was under a pile of your clothing." Taeyeon smirked.

"It's not anymore, look." Sunny gestured around her semi-clean room.

Most of the floor was visible now.

"We still have more work to do." Taeyeon reminded Sunny.

Sunny pouted and put Mr. Sunyeon on her bed.

"But we've been cleaning since forever. Can't we have a break?" Sunny whined, using her aegyo.

"Aish, how many times do I have to tell you to not do that?" Taeyeon asked Sunny, slightly annoyed. "Besides, weren't you the one who wanted to clean it?"

"But I didn't think it was going to take so long." Sunny continued pouting.

"If you stop doing that, we can go to the kitchen and have a drink."

"Okay!"