I Don't Want To Lose My Friend

Something's gotta give

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly as she strolled around Sunny's room, careful to not step on her things. Sunny had always been a bit messy. It hadn't been long since she moved in, but her room already looked like it had been in the path of a tornado. Her thing's were scattered all around the room. 

Some things never changed.

Sadly others did.

Taeyeon looked at the pictures that hung around Sunny's room. There was a picture of their hometown. One of Sunny wrapping her arm around Taeyeon, both around seven years old. Another of Sunny's 10th birthday party. A graduation picture followed it. She stopped at a particular one. She took it down, and checked it out more closely. It was of their old gang, at the beach. She smiled remembering that day, but that smile soon faltered.

That was the last time things were normal between Sunny and her. Soon after, Sunny started avoiding her, and things changed. They talked occasionally but things grew awkward. A gap slowly grew between them and separated them further and further apart.

What happened to us?

She frowned.

I won't let us drift away again. She thought determined. I won't give up on our friendship so easily. I've been given a second chance and I'm going to take advantage of it. I don't want to lose you Sunny.

"What are you doing?" She heard Sunny ask behind her.

Taeyeon quickly changed her frown, so Sunny wouldn't notice, and smiled brightly. She turned around.

"You're home early," Taeyeon changed the subject.

Sunny examined her closely and fixed her eyes on the framed picture in Taeyeon's hands.

Sunny walked up toward Taeyeon and took the picture from her. She looked at it for a moment before looking back to Taeyeon.

"I'm Sorry."  Taeyeon apologized, afraid Sunny was upset. "The door was open." 

Sunny examined her again before looking back to the picture. Taeyeon thought she saw something in her eyes, but it it quickly disappeared before she could get a good glimpse.

Maybe I imagined it.

"Snooping around my room Taeyeon. Trying to find my maybe?" Sunny smiled, asking playfully, but Taeyeon knew better.

When Sunny smiled, she had this eye smile, much life Tiffany's, and her eyes twinkled with happiness, but this smile didn't reach her eyes. It was a little stiff and forced.

Taeyeon pretended to not notice and tried to play along as well.

"You know me Sunny. They don't call me a byuntae for nothing." She decided to make a jab at herself in hopes to lighten the mood.

Sunny elbowed Taeyeon's ribs playfully.

Taeyeon rubbed her ribs. Sunny continued wearing that smile.

"Hey, Sunny?" Taeyeon decided to try something else to lighten the mood.

Sunny turned her head and looked at her.

"Want to watch another movie with me tonight?" Taeyeon offered.

Sunny bit her lip and thought for a moment. She looked back at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon tried using her cute pleading face.

It's not as good as Sunny's, but I'm not aiming to beat the queen. I just need it to be good enough to sway her.

Taeyeon hoped.

Please say yes.

"I'm sorry Tae,"

no...

"but I'm really tired today."

Why do you keep rejecting all my attempts to get close to you again.

"I think I'm going to sleep early today. Maybe some other time, okay?"

Sunny, I'm trying to get close to you again and save our friendship. Why are you being like this?

"Promise?" Taeyeon asked Sunny.

"Promise." Sunny agreed.

"Okay then. Good night Sunny." Taeyeon walked backward out of Sunny's room. with her own forced smile.

"Remember, you promised." She said as she closed the door.

She walked toward her own room and finally stopped smiling.

I just wanted my old friend again.

 

This is a small chapter to get a better view of Taeyeon's point of view and SunYeon's friendship. Sunny's met Jessica, but I can't just suddenly make Sunny fall out of love with with Tae and fall in love with Jessica from one day to another right? That's not how it works in real life. At least, I don't think a healthy relationship does. I want to make Sunny and Jessica's relationship really blossom properly, but before it can, I have to close one door before I can open another.

Oh and welcome all you new followers. I'm glad you subscibed and I'm sorry if this story doesn't go the way you want it to go. I'm also sorry I haven't updated. I was going through a really bad writer's block (which is why this chapter is so crappy), and nothing seemed to help me move this story forward.

So, to apologize, I'll put another chapter up later tonight, ok? Yes, it will contain Sunsica, and a lot of misunderstandings.