Reuniting

Something's gotta give

 

"I hope you'll be comfortable here. Sorry it's a little small." Taeyeon apologized as they unpacked the last of Sunny's things.

"It's fine Taeyeon," Sunny smiled. "You've already done enough. Thank you for letting me stay here until I find a place of my own."

"Of coarse sunny. You're my best friend." Taeyeon smiled back. "That's what friends are for. We help one each other out, right?"

"Yeah." Sunny replied softly.

Friends. That's all we are.

Friends.

"I better go and cook dinner now. Tiffany is going to be home soon." Taeyeon stood up and laughed. "That girl can't cook to save her life, so that responsibility falls on me."

She opened the door and stopped. "Hey Sunny?"

"Yeah?" Sunny looked up as she put the last empty boxes away.

"I'm glad you're here." Taeyeon admitted sheepishly. "I really missed you."

----------

Taeyeon and I have been friends since we were little. We lived next door and connected instantly. During the day, we would goof around and get in trouble, and during the night, we would  have conversations about everything. That's how we were until we graduated high school.

Taeyeon and I ended up going to different universities. We still talked on the phone, wrote each other letters, and chatted online, but it wasn't the same as being face to face. That and over time, our interactions lessened.

School work got in the way, and our lives took a turn. Taeyeon ended up meeting a girl, Tiffany, and spent a lot of our 'bonding time' pursuing her. I on the other hand, realized that I was head over heels for Taeyeon.

I avoided her, knowing my feelings for my best friend weren't reciprocated. She was completely oblivious. Probably because all she noticed was Tiffany.


----------

"Sunny, dinner's almost ready, do you want to help me set up the table?" Taeyeon knocked on Sunny's door softly, snapping her out of my thoughts.

"Ok, I'll be out in a moment," She replied.

----------

"Tae-Tae, I'm home." They heard a girl call out.

"She's here!" Taeyeon turned with joy in her eyes. She had just finished cleaning the mess she made while cooking.

"I want you to meet my Tippany!" she said excitedly. She grabbed Sunny's hand and pulled her toward the front door.

"Tippany, honey." Taeyeon cooed. "I want you to meet somebody."

A girl looked up, but before Sunny could get a good look of her, She was embraced in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, you're Sunny, right?" She took a good look at Sunny before breaking into a smile.

"She has a really pretty smile. I guess Taeyeon wasn't lying." Sunny thought.

"Ugh, yeah," Sunny chocked out. Tiffany still hadn't let go of her and her ribs were starting to hurt.

"I finally get to meet the famous Sunny. Taeyeon's always talking about you."

"Fany..." Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany gently and pulled her back, making Tiffany let go of Sunny.

Sunny sent her a silent thanks.

----------

"So did Taeyeon and you really get stuck on her parent's roof, or is she just trying to sound interesting?" Tiffany asked Sunny over dinner.

"No, we really did. We also accidentally crashed one of my older sister's bachelorette party, and set Taeyeon's bed on fire, also an accident." Sunny replied, remembering the time.

Tiffany looked at the two curiously.

"See, I told you." Taeyeon interjected triumphantly, and stuck her tongue out playfully at Tiffany.

"Taeyeon, honey, put that back in before the cat get's it." Tiffany warned, pointing toward their pet cat, lazing by the couch.

Taeyeon froze and looked at the cat suspiciously.

"I thought that was just an English saying for when you can't speak." Taeyeon countered hesitantly.

"Do you want to find out." Tiffany warned.

Taeyeon went back to eating her food quietly.

Sunny thought she caught Taeyeon looking in the cat's direction every now and then.

"How does this girl always manage to be so cute?" She caught herself smiling, and looked away.

"How did you get stuck on the roof and what were you doing there in the first place?" Tiffany looked back at Sunny after fixing a loose strand of Taeyeon's hair.

"We wanted to see the stars but Taeyeon's backyard didn't give a good view so we got on her roof. When we were up there, Taeyeon accidently knocked the ladder over." Sunny explained.

She looked back at Taeyeon, and now caught her locked in a staring contest with the cat.

Tiffany followed Sunny's gaze. She nudged Taeyeon's ribs, pulling Taeyeon's attention back to the conversation.

"It was still a nice view." Taeyeon smiled childishly. "But it got boring after a couple hours of being stuck up there. And it was kind of a cold night."

"And the bed?" Tiffany asked.

"I was playing with the matches." Taeyeon blushed.

"I'm guessing you two were little when that happened?" Tiffany asked.

"We was sixteen..." Taeyeon mumbled in embarrassment.

Sunny giggled at Taeyeon childishness.

Tiffany gave Taeyeon an 'are you serious' look.

"What about the bachelorette party?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon and Sunny locked gazes. Sunny felt her stomach do a flip.

"That was the day Sunny and I saw male stripper's." Taeyeon snickered.

"And the day we realized guy's aren't our thing." Sunny joked.

Taeyeon and Sunny laughed remembering that incident.

----------

"Wow, this room is really pink. What was this room before I moved in?" Sunny wondered as she looked around the room.

"Wait, didn't Taeyeon say that Tiffany loved pink?" She sighed and changed to a more comfortable position in her bed.

"She was always talking about her during our conversations. I just learned to tune her out." She closed my eyes, remembering those days.

"Maybe Hyoyeon was right and it wasn't the best idea to move here. I shouldn't have accepted Taeyeon's offer. I'm only bound to get hurt." She turned around again and looked out the window.

"You know better Sunny. Why did you do this?" She scolded herself, knowing the answer.

"A small part of me wanted to be around her..."

She heard knocking on her door again.

"Sunny, are you still up?" Taeyeon call out lightly.

Sunny got out of bed and walked toward the door carefully.

She the lights and opened the door.

Taeyeon stood cutely in front of her, in her peas pajamas and a pillow in her arms. Sunny had bought them for her last birthday knowing how much Taeyeon would love it, and sent them to her. She had been living in her hometown at the time.

"Taeyeon, what are you doing?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Want to watch a movie with me?" Taeyeon asked.

"It's like one in the morning..." Sunny whined.

"So, didn't we do it all the time, back then?" She retorted.

"Yeah, but..." Whatever she was going to say, died in , when she saw Taeyeon's big pleading eyes.

"Won't your girlfriend mind all the noise?" She asked. The word girlfriend stung a little to say.

"No, she's used to me doing things liked this. Shouldn't you? You've known me the longest."

"Yeah, I have known you the longest. So why did you fall for her and not me?" Sunny thought bitterly.

Sunny sighed.

"Okay," She gave in.

"Yay," Taeyeon cheered and walked happily toward the living room. "Ok, I'll go pick out a movie."

 


I was trying to be slightly funny and fill you guys in on the dynamics of their relationships, and I think I failed at that. So, I'm pretty sure this story and I'm let you guys down, sorry.  If anyone's worried about this story having a sad ending, don't worry. It will end well. Um, at the moment, yes, this is going to have Taeny in the story. I did say that Taeyeon and Tiffany are in a happy relationship, right? But that will change and focus on Sunny and someone else. Who do you guys suggest it should be? I have a few girls' in mind, but it isn't official yet.

Oh, and thank you to the people that subscribed. I honestly thought no one was going to be interested.