Knock out

13 Elements

 

“Love at first sight is a sometimes. I can’t believe in less than 2 months that I knew you; you are now my boyfriend, someone whom I deeply cared about and someone I couldn’t bear to lose. You and Hyukjae are my everything… I love you.” Yesung smiled as he ran his fingers gently through the sleeping boy’s hair. He was glad that even in the midst of the chaos; he had found someone to love. He had complained to Hyukjae that he would be dying without having a partner of something along that line, when the attacks started in Sapphire Town. He had realized that Ryeowook was having lesser nightmares after he had begun to sit beside him, holding him closer when the latter started to shiver. It was just like what Sungmin had said that Ryeowook’s fears and wounds would be able to heal faster with the help of Yesung. Leeteuk smiled to himself as he once again, drank the milk that he had prepared for his brother in case he had a nightmare. Leeteuk had also realized that Ryeowook hasn’t been drinking the milk, which means that he had not been experiencing nightmares and it was heartwarming to know it.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” Ryeowook asked tiredly when he felt Yesung caressing his back gently. “I can’t sleep with the world being like this, I am paranoid. What if someone comes in and take you away from me, when I am asleep…?” Yesung whispered as he held Ryeowook closer to him. “Hyung… I want you to rest too; it has been two days since you had slept…” Ryeowook pouted. “I did rest in the day, didn’t I? When your brothers are there to look after you, right?” Yesung smiled. “But... the night is for you to rest, not dur…” Yesung didn’t want to listen; he placed his lips on Ryeowook and kissed him gently. “I love you.” He smiled after he broke the kiss. Ryeowook just blushed and looked into Yesung’s eyes. Yesung was still waiting, waiting for the day that Ryeowook would say “I love you” to him, he knew the younger was shy, but he promised himself that he will wait. He knew that now, Ryeowook’s way of saying “I love you” was to hug him. True enough, Ryeowook hugged him tightly and buried his face in Yesung’s chest after Yesung broke the kiss. “Sleep, okay? No one is taking me away…” Ryeowook whispered and hugged his hyung tighter, as he drifted back into sleep with tiredness.

The bombings and the attacks were getting worst; Leeteuk was getting more and more worried about the rest of them. No doubt, he knew his brothers like the back of his hands. He knew that Sungmin was trying to stay strong for the rest too; he knew that Sungmin hated the loud bombings sounds. Sungmin did not express his fear openly, but Leeteuk knew that during some nights, he was rudely awaken by the bombings and catch Sungmin hugging on to his pink buddy toy tightly, as he curled himself under his blanket. He wanted to comfort Sungmin, but he knew Sungmin hated to be seen as "weak" in front of the others, so he would just watch him from a far until Sungmin couldn't take it anymore and called for him. Then, there's Ryeowook. Although he had Yesung to smooth him down and love him, he would still cringe on to his brothers during the day when the bombs went off. However, he knew that Ryeowook had been taken care of and assured by Yesung. Because before that, Ryeowook would stop talking when he is afraid but right now, he was still as talkative as ever. Then there is his mother, but he was glad that Heechul was here to help him with his mother. They took turns to take care of his mother, making sure that she was eating right and resting properly.

Tragic happened one night, when everyone was fast asleep. They had been battling against the creatures for two sleepless days and it was when the attacks had died down, they finally allowed themselves to rest. However, it was during this time when several creatures came in and kidnapped their mother away. Ryeowook was heading towards the kitchen for some warm milk, he had nightmares again but he did not want to alert Yesung. A cold chill ran down his spine when he felt some movements in the house. His parents' bedroom was located just beside the kitchen. He was shocked when he saw the widely opened door. His mother hates the light from the corridor; she will always close her room door whenever she sleeps. Ryeowook panicked as he went to the room. "Umma?" He called out, hoping to get a response from his mother. He was shocked that the whole room was in a mess and there were blood stains on the floor. Before Ryeowook could even react, he felt a strong hit on his back and darkness engulfed him soon after.