Stay

13 Elements

"It feels like we are being watched.." Kyuhyun said. "Watched by the same presence.." Heechul spat. "Let me try to look for it then." Kibum suggested. "Are you crazy? We can't afford to spilt up again especially when some of us are still recovering from the previous attacks." Hangeng commented. "I'll be careful. I just don't want Ryeowook to be hurt." Kibum sighed. "But I am fine!" Ryeowook protested. "Ryeowook, what happened to you on the night when you took care of Yesung and Hyukjae. Who hurt you?" Leeteuk finally asked. Everyone sat around the fire and looked at Ryeowook. Kibum and Hangeng had been informed about this by Sungmin as he thought that Ryeowook might opened up to Kibum more than anyone else. They were childhood friends after all. Ryeowook shifted around uncomfortably. He knew that he had no way to avoid these questions with so many people looking at him nor even try to come out with any excuses. "Erm...Nothing?" He tried his luck. "Ryeowook, we all know that "nothing" is a lie." Kibum sighed. "I went to the shop to grab some pills for Yesung hyung and Hyukjae hyung because they were running on a high fever and then to the opposite clothing store to grab some new clothes for the three of us." Ryeowook said quietly while looking at his fingers. "Did anything happened on the way there or in the shop? Did someone or something attacked you?" Sungmin prompted.

"I don't know... everyone around me were dead. They were all decomposed when... when i got.. in and.. i just took everything in..hurry... never saw anyone.." Ryeowook mumbled in fear as he recalled the events that night. "It was my first.. time going out like this... I was so afraid... I don't know..." he sniffed. "I think he's tired, that's enough for today, let's all get some rest. We have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow." Yesung cut in and took Ryeowook's hands in his. "I agree with Yesung. Let's just sleep Teuk." Heechul nodded his head. Leeteuk looked at him in confusion and then back to Ryeowook and understood what his cousin was saying. Ryeowook was shaking and trying his best not to cry. "Time to sleep guys." Leeteuk nodded and signalled everyone back to their tents. "No.... NO!" Ryeowook pushed Yesung away out of a sudden and ran into the woods. "What the hell happened?" Sungmin asked as he started to chase after his brother. "I don't know?! I just held his hands.." Yesung explained as he ran with the rest. "Ryeowook? Where are you?" Sungmin yelled when he reached a small lake, leading to a dead end of the road. "Ryeowook?" Yesung yelled. Leeteuk hushed them and pointed up on to the tree. The small boy was hugging himself on the tree as soft sobs could be heard from him. Yesung wanted to go forward but Leeteuk stopped him. "He won't speak to anyone, once he's up on a tree." Leeteuk sighed and Sungmin nodded. "But not when it's me?" Kibum smiled as he climbed up the tree and nudged his friend, surprised when Ryeowook hugged him when he got closer to him. "Hey... are you okay there?" Kibum asked as he patted his head. "I am scared.. that man came back.." Ryeowook sobbed.

"What man?" Sungmin asked as Kibum carried Ryeowook down from the tree. "That man who kidnapped me when I was 12..." Ryeowook shook again as he sobbed in Leeteuk's embrace. "I don't want to go back there!!!" He whined as he hugged his brother tightly. "We won't let you go back there okay? We won't. No one is going to take you away from us anymore. Like I had promised you. As long as I am alive and kicking, I won't let anyone hurt Sungmin and you." Leeteuk ran his hand through his brother's hair. "Besides, Heechul the great is back and you have your hero, Yesung, and also his brother, Hyukjae and ours friends. No one is going to take you away. I promised." Sungmin added in and wiped his little brother's tears away. They made their way back to the tent to see Hangeng and Kyuhyun on standby. "What happened?" Sungmin asked. "Kyuhyun said that they were coming." Hangeng replied as the rest of them took their positions. "Ryeowook, come here.." Yesung whispered and the latter made his way to his hyung. "Hyung, watch out!" Hyukjae threw an attack to the right of his brother when he spotted some rays coming towards them. "Eeeew, it's them again." Donghae commented as he joined in the attack. "Them?" Hangeng asked as he launched another attack. "We met them before at the square mall. It was a terrible match." Heechul explained. "They are hard to deal with. Their only weakness is Electricity." Kyuhyun said as he looked at Ryeowook. "But given his conditions now, I don't think he is able to fight." Hangeng looked back at the boy in Yesung's arms. Ryeowook covered his ears tightly to avoid the screams. "Only weakness?" Kyuhyun patted as he felt his energy draining away. "Yupps. These creatures came from the swamp, they only weakness in electricity to go by and there is nothing else that could hurt them more than a bolt can." Hangeng explained. "If Ryeowook can't fight, we've to run." Hyukjae exclaimed when one of the creature flew over and hit him over. "HYUKJAE!" Yesung exclaimed as he rushed over to his brother. "I am fine." Hyukjae coughed as he tried to stand up. The commotion attached the herd over and more of their kinds were slowly making their ways towards them, circling all around them. "We can't escape now!! They are everywhere." Donghae shirked. 

"Ryeowook?" Yesung asked him as he got out of his embrace and stood in front of the herd. "What are you doing?" Yesung pulled him back as the herd turned their attention on the latter. "They want my attention, they have it." Ryeowook spoke. Something about his glared seemed different. "Ryeowook?" Leeteuk called out as he saw what his little brother was doing. "Listen you creatures, leave us alone." Ryeowook hissed as he launched and attack to the sky. "You want some bolt? I'll give you bolt." Ryeowook smirked as bolts of lightnings came down from the sky and hit on to the creatures. Ryeowook laughed as he hit one of the creatures which flew towards them. "Ryeowook.." Sungmin pulled him back a little and noticed how his brother shook a little and stared blankly at the dead creatures in front of him. "What did i do..." Ryeowook asked as he stumbled back. "You don't remember?" Sungmin asked worriedly. "I do.. I knew i had to fight them.. I was only picturing it in my mind... I didn't knew that i could use my powers." Ryeowook replied. "You can... It's call mind control." Hyukjae explained. "It's a high level attack though. I never thought anyone could master it." Hyukjae continued.