Friends? Or?

13 Elements

 

Leeteuk sighed heavily after he had gone to Ryeowook's room and put him to sleep. His youngest brother had been crying for his mother ever since the day he witnessed his mother being taken away by the creatures. He had been rejecting food because of this and even pushed Yesung away when Yesung wanted to comfort him. Leeteuk admired Yesung's everlasting patience as he dealt with Ryeowook. As for Leeteuk, his patience was running out, alongside with his energy. He walked into Sungmin's room. Sungmin wasn't any better, that kid had been sobbing for his mother too, and at least, he did not break into loud cries or wailed for her. "Sungmin-ah..." Leeteuk started. "You can't really blame Ryeowook... If you were at his age, you would be wailing for umma too..." Sungmin sighed as he looked back to Leeteuk. "I can read minds, hyung, that's my specialty." Sungmin smiled when he saw the shocked Leeteuk. "Yeah, when you were like Ryeowook's age, you used to wail for candies." Heechul snorted. "YAH!" Leeteuk retorted as he picked up a pillow and playfully threw it at Heechul.

"And when umma doesn't give you, you locked yourself in the room!" Sungmin laughed as he recalled what happened years ago. "So you really couldn't blame Ryeowookie, nor out of patience with him. You and Sungmin passed that age with ease, with comforts and love, but Ryeowook... he is different, and he got kidnapped when he was 12 years old. And had finally started talking and overcoming his fear recently. Then all these chaos had to start. What he needed now, was the support of his love ones and not scolding and forcing him to go to sleep." Heechul reasoned. "I... guessed... you're right..." Leeteuk sighed as he adsorbed what Heechul had said. True enough, situations were different now. "Let's all go to sleep, okay? We had had a long day... and it's gonna be longer when the sun rises..." Leeteuk said. "Yupps, it will be another day for us to kick some asses!" Heechul cheered. "Go to sleep chul." Leeteuk said as he climbed into his bed. "Goodnight."

Yesung held the shivering boy closer to him. He had woken up after a nightmare and had been shivering since. Yesung could see that Ryeowook was trying his best to hold back his fear and tears. "Come here." Yesung said as he let go of Ryeowook and opened his arms widely, knowing that the latter would curled into his lap. "Hyungie..." Ryeowook sniffed. "Ssshhh... is okay... Everything is gonna be just right. Close your eyes and dream of your parents. Try to see where they are, baby." Yesung whispered as he rocked Ryeowook gently from side to side. He smiled when he noticed a small smile appearing on his baby's face. He used his thumb and wiped away the tears that Ryeowook had shed. Lying down on the bed, he pulled Ryeowook closed to him and locking his right leg over Ryeowook's body and cuddling him closer. He knew that Ryeowook would be able to sleep better this way. He would do anything, anything for Ryeowook.

Yesung sighed as he traced his fingers through the latter's hair. He had been spending his time with Ryeowook that he had neglected Hyukjae. Not that Hyukjae minded, because they both knew Ryeowook needed someone to take care of him. He had been noticing Hyukjae from about two days back and it seemed like his brother had been spacing out alot and not eating as much as what he would normally do. Hyukjae had been much quieter and had reduced his pranks and jokes. Yesung was worried for his brother. He had tried to ask Hyukjae what was bothering him but all he got back from him was "I'm fine hyung, really. Don't worry about me, how's Ryeowook? I really like him; you better treasure him well, so he could be a part of our family." And the conversation led to how they were going to propose to their love ones and what type of houses they would want to have in future. But there is nothing... anything about how Hyukjae was really feeling.

Donghae stared hard at the ceiling. There was no way he could have fallen asleep when Hyukjae wasn't talking much to him these days. He had no idea what was bothering Hyukjae, he had tried to ask him, but he got was a nod and nothing else, before Hyukjae would say that he was feeling tired and wanted a nap or something like that. Donghae felt that his friend was distancing away from him. Perhaps, it was due to the stress and lack of rest that they are experiencing right now. He sighed as he turned to his side and looked at the pictures Leeteuk had on the wall. He sat up and saw a photo frame on the table. It had always been there, but he didn't really notice it. It was a picture of the family. Leeteuk was carrying Ryeowook and holding to Sungmin while his parents were smiling beside them. Donghae smiled at the warm picture and thought about his family. His brother had been missing on the second day when the war had broken out and his mother and died while trying to escape from the creatures. Donghae's dad had passed away when Donghae was just 10 years old. So he could somehow related to what the brothers were feeling right now.

He gasped when he saw shadows at the corner of the window. He opened the curtains a little and was shocked when he saw troops of creatures entering the city. "Hyukjae!!! Get up! They are here!!" Donghae dashed Hyukjae and shook him up. Hyukjae shot up from his bed and ran towards the window. They didn't have much time, there were lots of them!  "Hae, get the rest!" Hyukjae whispered as he tried to distract those who were coming to the house. "What about you?!" Donghae shrieked. "I'll be fine, i always do." Hyukjae said as he slowly moved towards the window. "Don't ever on any lights." He whispered out and saw Donghae's nod. They had to keep very still; even their breathing would attract the creatures. Soon, everyone had crowded in the small room in the basement. Yesung had Ryeowook in his arms and Ryeowook was hugging on to his giraffe. Leeteuk smiled at Ryeowook when he looked back to check on the rest. How can anyone be so cute, even in this situation... He thought as he tried to listen to the noise upstairs. He held up a finger to his lips when he had sounds approaching them.

"There is some food here!" A voice called out softly. "Are you sure, it's okay to take other people's food? I mean... it's their house after all." Another voice spoke. Leeteuk looked back at the rest when were equally listening to the new voices in their hall. "I am sure they wouldn't mind; besides we are just seeking for some shelter until those things moved away." The person spoke again. "Look out! They are coming here!" Another voice spoke. "If you could keep your mouth shut at the beginning, they wouldn't hear us a bit!" The person hissed. "Whatever, it seemed like they are moving away. I wonder where are heading to..." "Why you do even bother? Come on, let's eat, I am hungry!" Leeteuk decided it was time to reveal him to the uninvited guests in the hall, their kitchen. "Who are you?" He asked as he glared at the two guests. "I am Leeteuk and this is my house." He continued as the rest came out from their hiding place. The two guests looked at them. "Hmmm...."