Pillars

13 Elements

 

They returned home with three full trolleys of food, filled with the basic and snacks and a whining diva. “You, what... omg, you… Oh hey aunt! How are you feeling? I will talk to you in a bit. Leeteuk, oh god, tell me why, how can such a cute kid get such a handsome boyfriend when he is so much younger than us, not to mention easily jealous, anyways it’s nice to hear his voice again, hell man, I’ve missed it! Ryeowook, come and show me around this… house! Wait, where am I going to sleep?” Heechul rumbled to a confused and stunned looking Leeteuk. Once he had opened the door, the diva had spoken nonstop and wandered around the house. “OMG HEECHUL.” Leeteuk finally came over the shock of his cousin’s presence and went to hug him tightly. “It has been 2 years. 2 freaking years, why didn’t you visit us at all?” Leeteuk whined. “I was aboard dude, I came back recently to find this place a wreck. Say, when Ryeowook did started talking and even got a boyfriend, you got a lot of things to update me.” Heechul folded his arms and the both of them went up to the room, while the others unpacked the food.

“Hyung, did you get my strawberry milk?” Hyukjae asked as he stood at the counter watching the rest unpacked. “Here!” Yesung said as he placed a full carton of strawberry milk on the table. “Did you guys rob the shop or something?” Hyukjae asked with his eyes wide open and a satisfied smile. “Nope, technically we didn’t, the shop was empty, and it was like a free-to-take-whatever-you-want-without-paying-for-it kind of thing.” Ryeowook giggled. “Since when did you start talking again?” Hyukjae asked and Ryeowook shrugged. “I never knew he had that side of him, he is a beast, literally grabbing anything he sees and it’s nice, throwing into the cart without even thinking.” Donghae explained. “There is so much more, you do not know about him.” Sungmin snorted. “Hey, what’s so bad about that?” Ryeowook pouted. “Yea, what’s wrong with that, we have a mountain of food now.” Yesung added in as he wrapped his arms around Ryeowook’s waist. “What’s with these two?” Hyukjae laughed as he walked back to the living room with his strawberry milk.

“Ryeowookie, it’s dangerous to run off without knowing the situation on hand, do not ever do it again, you heard me? I almost had a heart attack! What if you got hurt? My heart cannot take it and I can never forgive myself…” Yesung nagged. “But it was my favorite snack! What if the monsters…” Yesung kissed him before he could whine. “Then I’ll get it back for you.” Yesung smiled as he studied a blushing Ryeowook. “Listen, you stay with me 24/7, you do not run off just like that. It’s dangerous, understood?” Yesung asked as he ran his fingers through the latter’s hair. “Deh hyung.” Ryeowook smiled and hugged him as Yesung smiled and rest his chin on the latter’s hair after kissing his temper. Sungmin was beside them all along and he was glad that there was another person to love Ryeowook more than what he and Leeteuk could give, especially when they had just lost their father. Sungmin think that Yesung, Donghae and Hyukjae were friends given by God to help them through. Ryeowook had never been so adorable and talkative before, but when the three of them came into their life. He could see that his brother was becoming more socialized and more able to adapt to situations better than he ever would had been.

“Awwwwww ~ that’s just so sweet!” Heechul shirked when Leeteuk had just finished his stories. “Yea and I was glad that Yesung had been taking really good care of Ryeowookie too, especially when Umma’s breaking down because appa is missing in action.” Leeteuk sighed. “Still no news about him?” Heechul asked as he gave Leeteuk a massaged on his shoulders. “Nope, Sungmin and I had been looking for leads, but we found none, none at all… is like he just disappears.” Leeteuk sighed again. The two cousins had been really close ever since young hence, sometimes even without saying, the other would know when he was stressed, scared, angry or whatever. It was two years ago, shortly after Ryeowook’s kidnapping incident, Heechul was sent aboard by his parents to further his studies and only returned ever since. Leeteuk was happy; he finally had another shoulder and hand to lean on, to help him with taking care of his mother and the rest of the younger ones. He was starting to feel the stress but Heechul had come just in time before he broke down.

A loud bang and screams echoed through the neighborhood the fourth time in the day. The fight had been getting more intense and the protective layer around the house was about to fade soon, because the mayor wasn’t around to fix those destroyed portion of the layer. Sungmin had tried to fix the hole, but given his powers, he still had a long way to go. They were lucky that they had a strong fighter with them, Heechul. He was the one who scared the creatures away, but they couldn’t keep counting on him, as every time he launch a full attack, he loses his strength and need rest, but the time interval for the creatures to attack them, couldn’t let him rest fully. Ryeowook and Yesung had each other’s powers enhanced because of the bond, however, they were not strong enough to defeat so many of them, especially when Ryeowook was still ill and he had just gotten his power. “Hyungie… I am scared…..” Ryeowook finally admitted when another bomb went off. He had been insisting that he was fine before that but many images of what had happened during his kidnapped period flashed through his mind when the bomb when off. The faces of the kidnappers flashed through his mind, making him fell back in fright. “Yesungie….” He whimpered when the older took him into his embrace and placed soft kisses on his forehead. “I am here, darling. It’s okay, nothing will happen to you.” Yesung whispered softly into his ear and Ryeowook cringed on to him just like a small kid. “Hyukjae… I am afraid…” Donghae whispered when the both of them were in their own room. “Don’t worry the almighty Hyukjae is here!” Hyukjae smirked and laughed. “You have a broken arm.” Donghae snorted. “Hey, a broken arm doesn’t mean I do not have other ways to attack ok, you just need a brain.” He retorted. “You have a brain?” Donghae laughed. “Yah, what’s that supposed to mean?” Hyukjae laughed back and was glad to see the smile on Donghae’s face again. He was beginning to like that smile.