1.

⚜ You're Mistaken [DISCONTINUED]

“Jae! Pallii~!”  I said walking down the stairs.  I turned back to see nothing.

“Jae Hyung!” I shouted as I opened the door, “I’m leaving now!”

“Noona, noona, noonaaa~~~!!!” He shouted as he ran down the stairs and to me.  I shook my head, “I get ready faster than you do.  How is that even possible….?”

I ruffled his hair after fixing his shirt, “Come on, I don’t want to get yelled at by your mother if the daycares call her about you not being there.”  I said as we walked to the car.

“Noona, can we got eat out today, after you come get me from head start?” He asked as I drove him to school.

I looked at him through the mirror, “Aii, I don’t know.  I have a job too, you know.”  He furrowed his eyebrows, “No you don’t! You go to school then go to the library until you have to come pick me up.” He said confidently before I tsked and shook my head, “You know your auntie too well.”

I parked at the entrance before he got out, “Pick a place, and we’ll eat there later!” I shouted as he closed the door and ran inside.

I sighed before driving off to Yonsei University.

I’m a graduating senior, 24 years old.

I’m Korean, born in the United States.  I studied English then moved to Seoul to live with my sister after she got married.  I’m currently attending Yonsei University and looking for a teaching position anywhere in the area.

Jae Hyung’s my sister’s kid. He’s a smart 4 year old boy with a lot of imagination, but I guess that wasn’t a surprise since his parents are so smart.  My brother in law works in the military and my sister does some work for the government, so I’m home a lot with Jae.

I guess you can call me his second mom.

I parked the car before walking into my teaching class. 

“Miyoung…?” 

I turned around, “Hi.” I smiled at the professor.  “I need to talk to you about something after the class, so please stay behind.”  He told me before he walked up to the front, “Okay class! Be seated!”


“What did you need to discuss with me?”  I asked as I walked up to him.  “Ahh~ well, there is a short teaching position-”

“You did not!” I exclaimed before he smiled, “They want an interview with you.”

I squealed, my emotions were all over the place, “Thank you, thank you!” I bowed over and over again.  He shook his head, “No need; you have a lot of talent because of living overseas.  I’ll send the information via email.”

I nodded, “Thank you so much!” I said before leaving the room.

I checked my time before going to grab some bubble tea before heading off to the library.

I walked to the same table I always sit at.

I emptied my bag and opened my philosophy book up, “Who needs philosophy to be a teacher…?” I muttered before I started reading the long chapter and taking notes.

After a couple hours I finished reading the chapter with written notes, and had an outline for my Korean Literature paper typed out before my alarm rang, signaling me to pick Jae Hyung up from head start.


I walked inside and found Jae Hyung and another little boy sitting in the lobby.  It’s a bit odd that they’re not talking to each other, or rather, Jae isn’t talking to him.  He’s a friendly person.

“Jae, let’s go.” He looked up from the ground and smiled, “Noona!”

I crouched down and hugged him as he ran into my arms, “Annyeong.”  I said getting up, “Is your English getting better now? It better be, this is a head start in English.” 

He shrugged, “Of course!” He defended before I smiled, “Okay…” I crouched down again, “Jae, how many times do I have to tell you to button up, your mom’s going to yell at me if you get sick.” I said zipping his jacket up.

The door opened from the classroom, “Oh! It’s just you.”

I smiled and got up to greet the teacher, “Hello. I’m Jae Hyung’s aunt, Park Miyoung.” I said shaking her hand.  “It’s a pleasure. Have you seen anyone out there…” She asked quickly before walking over to the other little boy who sat silently by himself.

“Min Kyung…do you know when someone’s going to come pick you up?” She asked the little boy before he shook his head.  I frowned, “Is there somewhere you need to be?” I asked after hearing the urgency in her voice.

She nodded as she turned around, “My husband’s in the hospital right now; I kind of need to be there with him, but I can’t until all my kids are gone.” She said sadly.

“I-I can stay here if you want.”  I told her before Jae tugged on my arm, “Noona, baegopayyoo~”

“The thing is I need to be the one to lock up.” She told me.

I looked down at him before looking back up at the boy.  “Is it okay if I take him? Do you know…? I’ll take them out to eat at the restaurant down the street.”  I said trying to help even though this was probably a bad idea.

“I’m not so sure…” She muttered.  I walked over to the counter and wrote my number down on a post it note, “I’ll just take the kids out to eat across the street; I’ll leave my number taped at the door telling the person to call this number.”

I could see she didn’t want to do this, but she also wanted to be with her husband.

“You can trust me. I won’t go do anything dumb. I swear. Plus, you know my name and everything already so you can always file a report.” 

She nodded before grabbing her coat, “I’m so sorry…but thank you, really.  Min Kyung has different people picking him up, I’m not sure if it’ll be his father or someone else, but just be on the lookout.”  She told me before walking over to the silent Min Kyung.  “Min Kyung, you’re going to go with Jae Hyung and his noona to eat across the street, okay? Someone will come pick you up later.”  He got up silently and walked towards us before we walked out of the building.

“Thank you so much, Miyoung.”  She said as she locked up.  I nodded, “no problem. I hope your husband is well.”

I grabbed the two boys hands before walking across the street, “Sorry Jae Hyung, maybe we’ll eat at the place you want to go to tomorrow, okay?”  I told him as he nodded.

“Are you mad?” I asked before he shook his head.  “Are you sure?” He nodded his head again.

“Jae Hyung, you’re going to make me cry if-”

“Noona! I’m just kidding!” He said laughing before I narrowed my eyes and shook my head and tsked.

We walked inside before sitting at a booth next to the window so I could see the building across the street.  “Okay, what do you guys want to eat?” I said giving Min Kyung and Jae Hyung the kids menus.

“Min Kyung, I’m Miyoung…Jae Hyung’s aunt. Did you want to eat anything?”  I asked him as he shook his head.

His eyes were full of sadness.

“Alright…Let’s go wash our hands first before we order, kay?”  I led the boys to the bathroom and washed my hands before going outside and waiting for them.

Jae Hyung came out first.  “Jae, why doesn’t Min Kyung talk? You like everyone, so why aren’t you taking with him?” I questioned before he shrugged, “Min Kyung’s just really quiet. He doesn’t talk at all and he doesn’t play with us, so I don’t play with him.”

The door opened and Min Kyung walked out.  I sighed before nodding, “kay, let’s go order now.”

Even though he said he didn’t want to eat, I ordered him the same thing Jae got.  When our food came, he started eating it.  I glanced at the building, still no one.

“Min Kyung do you know if your dad’s coming to pick you up?” I asked as he ate a chip. 
“Aniyo, I don’t know…”  He murmured before my eyes widened.

I smiled when he talked to me.  I’m getting somewhere.

“Noona~” I turned my head, “Mwuh?”

Jae Hyung smiled, “Nothing.”  I narrowed my eyes at him before I heard a soft chuckle from across the table.

We both turned to see Min Kyung giggling softly. 

Aww, he has dimples.

He’s loosening up to us.

Which is a bit odd, but whatever, I’m not going to think of anything else.

“Min Kyung…do you know if you’re mom’s picking you up?” I asked him before his smile faded.

Oh crap…

“I don’t have a mom.” He whispered.

Holy sht—I wanted to cradle him and hug him close.  That was a stupid question to ask…

But then I didn’t know.

I fiddle with my hands under the table.  “I’m sorry…” I stated before he looked up and shrugged, “it’s okay.”

He’s so cute and adorable.  He took this so well too.

“Can-can I call you noona…too?” he muttered as he looked back at his food, away from my eyes.  A smile crept along my face, “Of course!”

My phone vibrated on the table before it started ringing; I picked it up as I glance across the street. There was a man pacing back and forth.

, he looks pissed off.

“Hello?” I answered with a shaky voice.

“Who’s this? Where’s Min Kyung?” He practically shouted through the phone.

“We’re eating across the street.” I stated before he hung up.

I looked back at the boys, “okay, let’s pack up, Min Kyung, you’re dad’s here.”

I looked at his face as it beamed.  I quickly packed everything before the door opened.

I turned around and my eyes deceived me.

“Apppa~!”

I narrowed them before walking out over with a bag that had his left over’s in. 

Sehun’s his father? Oh Sehun of Exo?

I started feeling a bit hot.  My fingers trembled.

What the hell…?

He picked Min Kyung up before looking at me.  His eyes were dark.

He walked outside and Jae Hyung and I followed.

We walked to our cars across the street before he looked back at me.  “Who are you?” He asked.

I flinched at his tone, “…umm, Park Miyoung…” 

“Where’s the teacher? Why is he with you? How dumb is she to leave him with a stranger?” He growled the last question.  I furrowed my eyebrows.

This was not how I thought he’d be in person.  I’m not a big Exo fan, but—

“Are you going to answer me? Do I need to file a report, you sasaeng fan.” He asked as he walked towards me.

“Appaa~” Min Kyung cried in his arms. 

Sasaeng!? I scoffed.  “You’re mistaken; I’m not a sasaeng fan.” I said in my calmest voice.

“Noona~” Jae Hyung tugged on my coat sleeve.  My hand ruffled his hair before covering his ears, “Look, I know you’re famous, but that doesn’t give you the right to yell at me.  Their teacher’s husband was in the hospital, I volunteered to watch him. Not only that, but I fed him.  Plus, we were eating across the street; it’s not like I took him somewhere far away.” I firmly stated.

He scoffed, “I’m pretty sure you have other things to do, but because you knew he was my son, that you volunteered, is that right?”

I laughed annoyed, “Yes! Totally! I had wayy better things to do, but because he was your son, I decided to ditch everything else and watch him.” I shook my head, “Seriously…” I muttered before looking at Min Kyung who has tears streaming down his cheeks, “I’m sorry Min Kyung…Stay warm, okay?” I said softly before I heard him sniffle, “Mianhae noona…”

I smiled softly before I picked Jae Hyung up and walked to the car.  I sat him in and buckle him in the car seat before getting in the driver’s seat and driving off.

“Noona?”

“Uh?” I looked in the mirror before he started, “Mianhae…” He muttered with his head low.

I chuckled, “Aigoo, waeyo?”

“I lied. Everyone knows his dad is a singer…that’s why no one really talks to him…” He said quietly before I shook my head, “Jae, you should still talk to people even if his dad’s a singer…or anything else for that matter.  Do you know how mean that is?  Would you like it if no one talked to you because your dad’s in the military?” I asked him before he shook his head, “No, I wouldn’t like it.” He muttered before I nodded, “Okay, so next time you go to school…pretend the yelling never happened and start talking to him, okay?”

I looked back in the mirror to see his eyes twinkle, “De, noona!”


I hope you guys liked the first update. :))

drama, first chapter already. OTL

Please look forward to the rest.  I'm currently writing so many short stories though, so I'm not sure how long it'll be until I update, but yeah. Oh, okay, I kind of feel like I made Jaehyung really smart for a 4 year old, but I don't know how 4 year olds are. I'm just basing him off my 4 year old cousin and he's creepishly smart, so, yeah just fyi.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))