Chapter 4

The Empty Chair

 


 

Chapter 4 : Nightmare

 

You went outside to have a fresh air. You sat on a bench in the corner of the park. Rain started to pour so you run towards the big tree. You noticed that you are not alone under the tree.

 

There was a girl there, crying. "Are you alright?" You tapped her. She looks at you with her hands covering her face. You take her hands so you can talk to her but when you look at her hands, it was full of blood. You look at her and saw her crying blood.

 

Cring! You woke up. *I was just having a nightmare.*

 

"Honey! Breakfast is ready." Mom called. You took a bath and went downstairs. "You look tired dear. Why don't you skip school and take a rest for now." Dad frowned. "It's ok dad! I have some class to take care of." You smiled.

 

After eating, you and Kris went to the car and took off.

 

"Hey! Why are you hugging that plushie?" You laughed. "This isn't just any other plushie. It's my baby alpaca." He stick his tongue out. "Whatever you say, baby brother." You giggled.

 

"I told you million times. Stop calling me baby." He rolled his eyes. "I am your older sister. It's my decision to call you anything I want. So shut up and drive you dorky baby." You smiled at him.

 

You two finally arrived. As usual, Kris left you alone. You went to the principal's office since Yonghwa texted you. "Ok, everybody is here now." Leeteuk cleared his throat. "I just wanted to announce that tomorrow is the school's camping trip." He added.

 

"It means you need to stay with your class the whole day today to prepare." Leeteuk raises his finger.

 

"Teachers will be paired so I made a list. Hyunseung and Hyuna's class will be in bus 1. Siwon and Tiffany's class will be in bus 2." He looks at the teachers.

 

"Jokwon and Gain's class will be in bus 3. Yonghwa and Min Shi's class will be in bus 4." He continued. You felt like someone was tapping you. You look at your back and saw the door open. *I know it was closed before.*

 

You went outside and heard some footsteps. You went to the hallway and saw the janitor. You sighed and turned around but you bump into someone. You look at him and saw Yonghwa.

 

"Where did you go? Leeteuk had finished announcing the teacher pairings." He asked. "I just went to the comfort room." You giggled. "Well, you should go to your class now partner." He winks at you.

 

You went to your class and saw them running around. They started to sit down and stayed quiet. "Tomorrow is our camping trip so I'll be staying with you guys for the rest of the day." You smiled and everyone cheered.

 

You took a chalk to write down the materials they needed for tomorrow. While writing, you heard a scratching noise so you covered your ears but you heard the class laughing.

 

"Who is responsible for that noise?" You glared at them. All of them pointed Nichkhun and Taemin. "What is your problem?" You crossed your arms. "We are just playing Ms. Kim." They look at the ground.

 

*I can't punish them for just making a scratching noise.* You sighed. "Don't do it again ok?" You look at them. "Ok." They smiled.

 

You went back on writing on the board but you heard the scratching noise again. "I told you to stop making that noise!" You shouted. "But we aren't making a scratching noise anymore." Taemin looks at you.

 

"Jessica, please finish this list while I go to the comfort room." You gave her the list and went to the bathroom.

 

"What happened to Ms. Kim?" Nichkhun asked. "Yeah! She's acting so weird lately." Luna said. "Do you think it relates to what we did to..." Amber covered Sulli's mouth.

 

"We shouldn't talk about that anymore." Amber stands up. "But I felt so guilty." IU sighed. "Everybody felt guilty about what we did." Yoona frowned. "Let's just do what Amber says and forget about it." Victoria said.

 

"What are you guys talking about?" Krystal asked. "It's none of your business." Jessica who was writing on the board rolled her eyes. "I am not talking to you so you really need to shut up and continue writing." Krystal crossed her arms.

 

"Don't mind your sister." Wooyoung smiled at her. "Then what are you all talking about?" Sunny asked. "It's really none of your business so don't bother us nerds." Key glared at her.

 

"Don't talk to my friend like that!" Krystal shouted. "What are you gonna do about it?" Taecyeon smirked. "Just leave them." Minho calms Krystal. "Yeah! They are just a bunch of jerks." Sungmin added.

 

"Awww! The nerds are so sweet to each other." Jonghyun laughed. "You guys are going over the line." Minho pinched his fingers.

 

"Really? Wanna fight us nerds?" Onew crossed his arms. "Come on. Fight us and don't hide behind your stupid girlfriend." Jonghyun smirked. "What did you just call Krystal?" Minho glared. "Stupid?" Jonghyun repeated.

 

Minho suddenly burst out so he pushed Jonghyun on the ground and started punching him. Nichkhun and Taecyeon took Minho's both arms and let Jonghyun punch him.

 

Sungmin punched Taecyeon and Nichkhun making them drop Minho. Taemin and Wooyoung gets Sungmin so the two punched him in his face and body.

 

Then, the lights started to flicker making the class into silence. All the windows suddenly opens and the wind blew strong. The open door closed, making everyone jump from their places.

 

The cabinet door opens and everything in it falls. The chairs moves from place to place.

 


 

After you wash your hands, you look at the mirror. The walls are filled with blood when you look at mirror. You turned around and saw a plain white wall. You look back at the mirror and saw some words which someone used blood to write it.

 

It said 'Get Out!' You run outside and stopped infront of your room to catch your breath. You tried to open your room but you can't. You heard everyone screaming so you went to the principal's office.

 

"Leeteuk! I can't open my room door and I heard my students screaming." You said between your breaths. He took the keys and hurriedly run to your room as you followed him.

 

The room was still locked but you can't hear your student's screams anymore. When Leeteuk opens the door, the room was a big mess. You saw everyone on the edge of the room. All of them have cuts on their right arm except for Sungmin, Sunny, Minho and Krystal.

 

But Minho and Sungmin was like punched, based on their faces.

 

"What happened?" You spread your arms out. All of them went closer and hugs you. "The lights suddenly flicker and the windows suddenly opens." Victoria cries.

 

"The chair moves and everything on the cabinet fells." IU sniffed. "Let me take you all to the school clinic to cover your cuts." You smiled. Leeteuk was watching them while you excused yourself.

 

You went outside and texted Yonghwa. After 3 minutes, he finally came. "What happened? are the kids alright?" He asked. "Yeah! They are now resting." You sighed.

 

"But you know, everyone have cuts on their right arm except for Sungmin, Sunny, Minho and Krystal." You look at him. "It's pretty odd you know? How come the four didn't have one and why are the cuts in their right arms?" You sighed.

 

"Don't stress yourself to much." He hugs you. *His hug is so warm. I don't wanna cut this moment right now.* You smiled. "Well, the kids are..." Leeteuk stopped. "Sorry for bothering you guys." He continued.

 

You let go of the hug and blushed. "As I was saying, the kids are now fine but I don't know how the kids get their cuts on their right arms." He touches his chin.

 

"It's really odd. I am just gonna ask one of them when they finish resting." You smiled. "I am gonna give them a short day and called their parents to fetch them. I am also gonna delay our camping trip." Leeteuk left.

 

"This means you also have a short day today." Yonghwa smiled. "How about you?" You asked him. "My class ended earlier so I also have a short day." He smiled again.

 

You both walk around the school without talking to each other. He suddenly holds your hands and looks directly at you. "When the first time I layed my eyes on you, my world suddenly changes." He said.

 

"I am asking you right now, if you could be my girlfriend?" He holds your hand tightly and closed his eyes. "Yes." You smiled. "I know this is a hard quetion for you but wait! Did you just say yes?" He asked. "Yes." You hug and kissed him in the lips.