Chapter 3

The Empty Chair

 


 

Chapter 3 : Blood

 

"How's your day honey?" Your mom hugs you. "It's great mom." You smiled. "She's not the only one in here." Kris pouted. "Shut up loser." You stick your tongue out. "I am not a loser. You slowpoke." He rolled his eyes.

 

"I forgot to tell you. Kris' teacher said that he is very noisy in class." You crossed your hands and grinned. "What's the name of your teacher again?" Mom asked. "Mr. Jung Yonghwa, the love of Min Shi's life." Kris smirked.

 

"Come here you little twerp." Kris runs while you followed him with a stick on your hand which you saw on the table. Kris went to his room and locked the door.

 

You went downstairs and get your bag. You noticed that your lesson plan isn't in your bag. You went to the car to look for it but you can't. *I think I left it in the school.* You sighed.

 

"What are you looking for honey?" Mom asked. "My lesson plan, I think I left it at school." You frowned. "Just let your brother drive you there." She smiled. "I think he won't come down anymore." You crossed your arms and rolled your eyes.

 

"Your dad is still at his work." She patted your head.

 

"I am just gonna go there on my own." You smiled. "Are you sure your not scared to go there alone when it's dark outside? I mean you know what happened." She was interrupted by you. "It's ok mom! I am already 25. That was twenty years ago." You smiled.

 

"Well, be back before dinner." She waved at you. You started the car and went off. *I never actually get rid of my fear of the dark. I just don't want my mom to worry about me.* You sighed.

 

"Min Shi darling, it's time for our dinner." Mom called. "I am just gonna say goodbye to my bestfriend and get inside for dinner!" A 5 year old you, shouted. "Hey Taeyeon! I am gonna go home now." You waved at her.

 

"Wait, could you help me find my dolly first?" She asked. "Sure." You smiled. Both of you walked through your front yard and didn't saw her doll. So the both of you went outside and saw her doll on the other side of the road.

 

"There it is." She smiled and run towards the other street. Then, you noticed a car running towards her. "Watch out!" You shouted.

 

You were too late. You saw your friend get hit by a car. The dark street filled your pressence. The wind blew stronger. You can't focus on anything. You couldn't see nor hear anything.

 

You are like in a small dark room which is getting smaller and smaller. Then, you suddenly passed out.

 

You woke up in the hospital where your mom and dad was sleeping beside you. "Oh! You're awake." He smiled. "Where's Taeyeon?" You leaned on the wall. Both of them look at each other then frowned.

 

"She's dead honey." Mom caressed your hair. "What? No! That can't be." Tears flow from your eyes. "She got hit by a car while you passed out beside her." Dad held your hands tightly.

 

You went to Taeyeon's room where her parents are crying. The doctor covered her with white cloth and went away. "Taeyeon? Please wake up! We are still gonna play right?" Tears falls from your eyes.

 

"Just wake up. I already slept. I am just waiting for you so we can play again. Please open your eyes and get up." Her parents hug you. "Taeyeon. Please wake up!"

 

Tears flow from your eyes when you remembered your bestfriend. You get a tissue from your bag and when you look at the road, you saw a girl walking. You immediately stop the car and bump your head into the steering wheel.

 

Your head hurt so badly, but you remembered the girl you hit.

 

You went outside and saw an empty road. You didn't even see any drop of blood. *Maybe I am just tired and seeing things.* You went back into your car and drive again. You look at the side mirrors and saw the girl again.

 

You stopped the car to look for her again but she wasn't really there. You just drove to the school so you can go home.

 

The school gate was open so you went in and go upstairs. You went to your room to look for your lesson plan. It wasn't in the drawers. Then, you saw it in the top of the chair where Seohyun was supposed to be sitting on.

 

You took it but blood droplets fell from the ceiling. You look up and saw a girl in a white dress. Her hair was covering her face. Blood suddenly drops to your face.

 

"Ahhhhh!" You shouted and run away. You bump into someone so you closed your eyes. "No no! Please don't kill me." You cried. "Sshh! It's just me." You look at him and saw that it was Yonghwa. You hug him tightly.

 

"What happened?" He asked. "There's...girl...blood." You sniffed. "Let me take you home." He puts his arms around you.

 

You lead him to your car as you sit into the passenger's seat while he sit on the driver's seat.

 

Yonghwa started the car and went away. You were sleeping at that time. *What happened to you?* Yonghwa fix your hair, you were in deep sleep. Yonghwa stopped at your house since Kris told him your address.

 

"Mr. Jung? Is that you?" Kris asked. "Yeah! Help me with your sister." Yonghwa said as he carried you in bridal style while Kris carried your stuffs. They brought you inside and your mother was very worried.

 

"It's ok Mrs. Kim. She's alright." Yonghwa smiled and thinks that it calmed her down. "Thank you for bringing our daughter Mr. Jung." Your dad shaked hands with him. He bowed and went home, calling his friend to pick him up.