Chapter 1

The Empty Chair

 


 

Chapter 1 : First Day

 

You woke up through the noise of your alarm clock. You checked the time, it's already 6:30. "I am gonna be late." You hurriedly went to the bathroom to take a bath and dressed up neatly.

 

You went down and saw your parents in your dinning room. "Hey honey, are you gonna eat with us?" Mom smiled at you. "No mom. I am gonna be late." You kissed her cheeks. "Have fun on your first day." Dad sipped his coffee. "Thanks dad." You waved at him.

 

"Just wait for your brother to come down." Mom patted your head. You checked the time and it's already 6:45.

 

"Kris, Hurry up!" You shouted and tapped your foot. "I am coming." Kris went down in his uniform and runs towards his car. "Sheesh! You are like the slowest brother in the world." You huffed. "Why don't you hurry up and get in the car you slow poke." He rolled his eyes. "Shut up." You went inside the car. "Bye honey, goodluck." Your parents wave at both of you.

 

After the long drive, you finally arrived. The school was very big. "I have to go now. Bye!" Kris kissed your cheeks and went inside. *Ugh! How could he leave me?* You crossed your arms.

 

Then, you look at the windows on the higher floor and saw a girl, staring blankly at you.

 

You wave at her but she is still staring at you. She looks to her right as if someone is calling her so you frown and fix your dress, ready to go inside of the school. But before you went inside, you took another glance at the girl from the window. She was again, staring blankly at you.

 

You wave goodbye to her as you went inside.

 

When you went inside, all the eyes of the students are on you. You can hear them whispering but you ignore it and went directly to the principal's office. "May I help you?" A lady poked you. "Oh! I am looking for Park Leeteuk." You answered. "Ah, you must be the new teacher. Sit here while I call him." She smiled as you nodded.

 

"Ah! Ms. Kim. Welcome, I am glad that you applied. Ms. Choi Sooyoung resigned in the middle of the class." He sighed. "Why did she resign?" You asked. He suddenly stopped walking. "Uhm! She said she will move to other countries."

 

"Oh! Okay." You nodded. "Since it's your first day, I'll let someone tour you around." He holds his chin.

 

"I'll tour her around." Someone said from behind your back. You turned around and saw a cute man standing behind you. Leeteuk nodded.

 

"Hi, I am Jung Yong Hwa." He smiled. "Kim Min Shi." You shaked hands with him. He walks infront of you as you follow him.

 

"That is the library and over there is the gym. And here, we have our cafeteria." Your jaw drops when you saw alot of delicious foods around you. Your stomach suddenly grumbles. "Take this." He gave you a biscuit. "Thanks." You smiled at him.

 

"That is the computer room next to the chemistry laboratory." He pointed the rooms. You both went upstairs and saw alot of rooms. "Well, the tour ends here. See you later." He winks at you.

 

You look at the name plate and saw 'Class 7A'. You went inside and saw the students, running around. "Ehem." You cleared your throat.

 

Everyone started to sit down and whisper. "Hello everyone. My name is Kim Min Shi and I'll be your new teacher." You smiled. "Good morning Ms. Kim." Everyone stands up and greeted you.

 

"You may now sit down." You bowed. "Can everyone say their names so I'll know what to call you?" You clapped your hands as you smile and everyone nodded. "Ok! Let's start from the back." You pointed the last row.

 

"Hello, my name is Jessica Jung." A beautiful student started. "My name's Ok Taecyeon." A tall guy smiled. "Lee Ji Eun, but you can call me IU." She bowed. "The name's Kim Jonghyun." He winked. You can see that Jessica rolled her eyes. "My name is Song Qian but you can call me Victoria." She smiled.

 

The last row was finished. "I am Nichkhun Horvejkul." A guy started from the 3rd row. "My name's Im Yoona." A pretty girl bowed. "I am Taemin." He smirked. "My name is Krystal Jung." She smiled. "I am the little sister of Jessica." She added.

 

But I can see that Krystal frowned. *I guess they have problems.* You look at the person next to Krystal. He is not standing up nor speaking. "May I know your name?" You went closer to him.

 

"My name's Choi Minho." He looks into the ground. "Sorry Ms. Kim, he is a bit shy. My name is Amber Liu. The President of this class." The student from the 2nd row stands up. "I am Jang Wooyoung." He bowed. "Hello, I am Park Sunyoung. But you can call me Luna." She smiled.  "My name's Lee Jin Ki. Everyone calls me Onew." He smiles and bite his chicken. "My name is Choi Jinri but I would like it if you call me Sulli." The last girl from the 2nd row bowed.

 

"I am Kim Kibum but you can call me Key." The boy from the first row started. "My name's Lee Soon Kyu. People call me Sunny here." She smiled. *Aww! Her smile is so cute.* You smiled back. "I am Lee Sungmin." He bowed. *This two look good together.*

 

Then, you noticed an empty seat next to Sungmin. "Class, who sits there?" You asked. "Her name is Seo Joo Hyun but we call her Seohyun for short. No one really knows what happened to her. But some said that she went to America." Amber explained.

 

"Oh! Since I don't have the lesson plan yet. You can do whatever you want." You smiled and the class cheered. Everyone noise around except for Sungmin, Sunny, Minho and Krystal.

 

They are discussing something in the corner. You were about to go to them when you heard a scratching noise. You look at the empty chair and saw red droplets on the ground.

 

You went closer to the chair and the wind blew harder. You closed the window and took a tissue to clean it up but the red droplets are gone. You heard a scratching sound again. Then, the chair suddenly moves a little away from you.

 

Cring! The bell made everyone cheer again and run outside. You went back to the teacher's chair to forget about what happened earlier. Then, blood suddenly drop from the empty chair and the lights flickered.

 

"Psst."