Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word...

An Unaccepted Apology...

 

“Pi pi........”Hankyung heard voice from behind.

He looked to see Heechul playing with his racecar.

“You are in my way...pi pi..”Heechul stated looking at him.

Smiling he moved.

“Baby..Don’t take out all of your toys at once...I have just put them in the box..Arraso??”He said sitting down with his laptop.

He had started his own business, working from home most of the time. So that he could be with Heechul.

“Vroommmm...”Heechul went on playing.

Hankyung was trying to concentrate on the road, incidents from day were playing in his mind.The silence in car was killing him. Today was the first day after so many weeks; he had spent with Heechul, quietly with not a single argument.

They were returning from his parent’s house.They had gone for Christmas dinner. This was regular tradition for them.

 Frankly when his mother called ,asking him about it.. he was not so sure what to say. The atmosphere in their apartment was not near to any festival. The Christmas spirit was nowhere to be seen.

Heechul had stopped talking again, he would not even look at him. He had tried his best to have a talk with him. He could not guess what was going on in others mind. His sudden fling with  Siwon was starting to burn out. He had started to doubt his own intentions..But he couldn’t let go of him..But he didn’t want to lose Heechul also..at any cost. He knew he was getting selfish...stupid..But..

While getting ready to meet his parents ,he was thinking about excuses he had to give his mother about Heechul’s absence .He couldn’t think of any. Not a single one which would not make his mother doubt that something is wrong. Because his mother , adored Heechul. She would not even notice her own son much when she’s talking with him.

He was in great surprise when he saw Heechul coming out of room all dressed up .He was looking much better when last time he saw him. Heechul looked at him once and stood next to door signalling he is ready to leave.

“Of course mom must have called him also...”Hankyung thought.

They didn’t talk while driving to his parent’s house.He was happy at least he doesn’t have to answer his mom’s questions about why Heechul didn’t come. But now he was worried how Heechul will be at his parent’s house..??will he be all quiet like now ,which is actually against his usual nature or he will pull on himself to mingle with others??

He found his answer immediately when Heechul smiled as soon as door opened and his mother welcomed them.. hugging Heechul first of course. Amazed he watched as Heechul breezed through the house talking to everyone like nothing had happened .There was no sign of sadness ,sorrow,anger in his behaviour which he often saw nowadays .It was like He had put on a mask of happiness..like he was a whole new different person.

“No..”He thought to himself. This was his real Heechul...his Chullie..one was lost because of his stupidity. There was no mask ...he was truly happy. But... Heechul  ignored him throughout the event. And his mom as sharp as she was couldn’t help but notice.

“Did you two have a fight...?”She asked him in low voice when no one was around. He didn’t answer. He didn’t know what to say.

“Fights will be there in a relationship..but don’t make it so big that you wouldn’t look at each other also..”she said looking worriedly at him.

“Mother..I..”He tried to reason.

“I don’t know who’s fault is this now..but it certainly looks yours because the way you were looking at him, waiting for a single glance from him...resolve it as early as possible..talk to him... make him talk..I hope you are not doing something to upset him...he is a sweet guy..a little childish ..but don’t you think that’s adorable...so full of innocence...don’t do something stupid ..Are you getting me?? She finally stopped talking, warning him sternly.

Her word’s were still playing in his mind as he drove. He was actually thinking about what to say because he knew this was the best chance he could get.., once they would reach home Heechul would again either lock himself or ignore him completely..Not here in this car...here at least he would hear him..And maybe..maybe he would react in some manner...

“You know...Thanks for that...”He started.

“For coming with me I mean, I was worried how to answer their questions...”He looked expectantly,to get some reaction. But he got none. Heechul just sat there staring out of the window.

“Heechul..this all..I don’t know..Mom ..she noticed something’s wrong..even she thinks we should talk this out...You know not talking like this and ignoring me is not going to solve this...We should....”

“Did you tell your mother what is wrong??”Heechul interrupted suddenly.

Hankyung saw a smirk on others face when he couldn’t answer his question.

“If you would have..that is if you would have enough courage to say what all happened...she wouldn’t have thought that we should talk this out...”Heechul’s tone stung Hankyung. There was so much bitterness in those words.

“Well...okay..let’s do it..let’s TALK, Hankyung...”He continued mockingly.

Hankyung  flinched as he heard his full name from Heechul..He had hardly call him by his name after they  had started dating..He would be always Hannie this and Hannie that..

“Umm what should we talk about..yeah lets talk about the fairytale affair of yours..Did he..the perfect boyfriend of yours..came on a white horse for you...Oh wait a horse on a horse that’s weird right...But it’s a fairytale... anything is possible.....”

Hankyung was quiet, but he was happy he was getting some reaction though it was sarcastic and bitter.

“And what did he say..did he sit on his knee and said..Hannie Oh Hannie....Naaa he wouldn’t call you Hannie right because that’s so..what do you call it..yaa 'childish'...Hmm..So was it Hankyung or Han....or something cheesy like....”

“Heechul.....”Hankyung tried to stop other who was still being very sarcastic... very much like angry Heechul!!

“What...”Other said looking at him.

”We are talking right,that’s what you wanted so??”

“I meant let’s talk about US,not HIM..why are you bringing him in between ”Hankyung asked calmly.

“I am not bringing him anywhere...YOU brought him in between US..if at all there is any US left...”Heechul commented looking out of the window.

They sat in the silence for some time.The last sentence of Heechul had scared Hankyung.What did he mean by anything left of us??

“Do you remember I used to love fairytales so much...All of my friends used to tease me about it..But I never cared...you never cared ...at least till that wild horse came running..Ruining everything..”Heechul was still looking out in the window....lost in the past.

Hankyung glaced at other..yeah he remembered it.

“Yeah...Cinderella  was your favourite....”He said slight smile on his face as he remembered their old days.

“Hmmm...You used to call me “Princess” because of that...”

“Well..You were pretty..You still are... and you always behaved like one when we were at school..like some kind of role playing......”Hankyung  smiled as he talked. Heechul looked at him. Hankyung could not decipher those expression in his eyes.

“So you see, Hankyung...I am a princess because you made me one. You made me feel so special..like a star..out of this world....Happy to the heart’s content. But in all this happiness.. I took you for granted ...and that’s my fault” Heechul  said, his voice shaky.

“And if you wanted to punish me for it then you succeeded.... with flying colors” He commented half smiling.

A dark silence fell over as he stopped talking gazing out of window his brain clouded with all the incidents that took over last few days, one which he wanted forget so badly.

Hankyung on the other hand was taken back with Heechul’s this attitude ,his each word touching his soul adding to the big confusion.At one side he was happy that finally they were talking about their relationship...at other side he was scared what will be the outcome of this.

“Your each word, each and every word stabbed my heart..Each hateful glance of yours felt like thousands of needles piercing..”Heechul continued breaking the silence.

”All I wanted Hannie... was to give you all the love that I could..I came here because I wanted to be with you and I thought...I thought you wanted same... I..”he chocked unable to continue.

“I never wanted to be a burden..I am sorry if you felt like that..” He continued in shaky hoarse voice.

Hankyung glanced at Heechul who was now shaking as he sobbed. He didn’t know what to do. This behaviour of Heechul was new to him..Heechul sounded soo hurt..defeated..very unlike him.

Heechul never felt like a burden to him..never once in his life..But his anger had betrayed him..making him say things he never wanted to say. He wanted to console Heechul badly . He was still taken back by this whole situation which is not letting him to think straight.

“Why...”Heechul suddenly asked

”Why Hannie........?? if you had a problem with me..... my attitude you could have talked  to me, yelled at me or slapped me some more.. but why did you cheat on me? ”Heechul sounded so frustrated ...beaten up.

 “Why HIM Hannie...?” He half screamed.

“Because I wanted something for myself..He made me feel special.. like a princess..And I liked it.. May be I was tired being a prince for you..tired of all of this”Hankyung yelled looking at Heechul.

Heechul  looked more hurt hearing those words.But that was the truth and Hankyung could not deny it.He felt special when he was with Siwon..But was that all he really wanted??Or it was just a passing phase?Was he ready to lose his princess,his precious for that??

“I don’t know what I am talking.I am so confused....”he said sighing, looking back at the road ,he was shaking... all the frustration and confusion getting to him. Guilt building in his heart. What a mess his life had become.

“Heechul......All this is mess”he said his mind all fuzzy “Look... I m Sorr...........”

“ Look out......”Suddenly he heard Heechul scream, bringing him back to senses . A mini truck came in front of them out of nowhere clearly breaking the signal. The headlights blinding him. He tried to budge it by moving the staring wheel  but.....

“Hannieeee...”was all he heard before....

“RAMMMMM.....”Heechul screamed as he played along, crashing his race cars heads on.

 

 


That was the longest of all chapters I have written..!!

Thankyou new subscribers and for your comments.

Hey ..if you are teukchul fan then I am starting a new fiction... you can see the description here.. I will try to start it ASAP.

Thanks for reading ^_^