Good Old Memories....and Regrets.!!

An Unaccepted Apology...

 

“Ge?”He heard a worried Zhou Mi from other end of line.

“Sorry..I didn’t want to disturb you..your assistant said you were busy ..but....” Hangeng’s tone was apologetic.

“It’s ok gege..Is everything ok?”Zhou Mi asked still worried.

“It’s just ..from past few days he is constantly  waking up in middle of nights...sometimes even in his afternoon naps..I am really worried...”Hangeng spoke gazing at Heechul who was now woken up and was watching TV.

“Hmmm..It can be a good sign...It has been happening from quite a time but now you are saying it is more frequent?Well let’s consider it a good sign for now..I will talk to him about it more when we meet next ....ok ge?”Zhou Mi assured.

“Yeah...Thanks Mi...”Hangeng smiled.

“Anytime Gege ,tell him that I miss my friend yeah??..See you soon...”Zhou Mi said hanging up.

Hankyung sat looking at Heechul who was laughing like crazy watching some cartoons..He thought about Zhou Mi’s words...It’s a good sign?can it be..?

It has to be if Zhou Mi thinks so...He thought sighing...Zhou Mi had been more than a doctor to Heechul..to both of them.

He was  Heechul’s  best friend and favourite ’ hyung’  who would play with him, give him toffee’s and listen to all of his talks..all of them...they would sit together speaking on any topic Heechul would like..listening to him carefully .....trying to relate it to Heechul’s past memories somehow....trying to make Heechul remember something at least...

For Hankyung though he had become brother he never had..his rock..telling him everything is  going to be alright....

“Hmmm...That was all about physical injury...”Zhou Mi said keeping aside Heechul’s reports after carefully examining them.

“Now let’s talk about emotional stuff...Do you want to tell me about your relationship?”He asked looking at Hankyung.

Hankyung sighed. Heechul’s current state had drained him...but this doctor....he looked like he could help Heechul..them..the approach was fresh ...at least he had not heard a heavy weight medical term from him yet...and he could see some hope..

“We met when I moved to Korea..almost 12-13 years back...He was my first friend in new school..and he was beautiful....awesome....It was love at first sight for me...though it took lots of hard efforts to win his heart....”He talked smiling.

“He was always very popular...with lots of fan following...girls and boys...but there were some of them who hated him also..boys because no girl would look at them when he’s around...and girls because he was more beautiful than almost all of them..”

Zhou Mi couldn’t help but smile..That was peculiar...

“He was demanding and bratty always...but I loved it...because there was some innocence in it... a cuteness you couldn’t deny...and he loved me...with all his heart..giving me everything he could...The school years and college years breezed through...we were together..we were very happy...of course there were fights now and then....but we couldn’t keep away from each other for much time...”

Hankyung paused sighing. Old memories were beautiful..but it pained his heart when he remembered them now...because he would compare them with current situation...how could Heechul forget him..why does this have to happen to them...?

“Biggest decision that we had to make about our relationship was when I got job here. It was a very good opportunity for me..but I couldn’t leave him there..and at the same time couldn’t ask him to move with me just like that..he had his life there and that would be selfish.....It was a big dilemma..A long distance relationship was out of question..I couldn’t bear it...leaving away from him...He took the decision at last...moving with me...it was a big step..but he knew what I wanted.!!...and he was Happy because I was happy............Days here were great..”He smiled remembering.

“He struggled with the language though, he couldn’t get it at first..he was still very bad at it...but it was ok..He would manage it all somehow...always smiling ...sometimes complaining...pouting...waiting for me to come home...it felt great to know someone is waiting for you...we were great like that..but then....then I did that horrible mistake that brought us here...made him like this....”He talked remembering all the harsh words he had said to Heechul..he had gone past regretting now...he couldn’t forgive himself for what he did..

Zhou Mi leaned in..the fairytale days in their relationship was over..may be he could find some clues in this ‘horrible mistake’ Hankyung was talking about.

“He was my boss..my perfect boss...I don’t really know when it happened..when did I start falling for his tricks on me..Suddenly every action of Heechul was stupid..Suddenly he had become an embarrassment..his innocence had become childishness....I don’t know when my mind started comparing them..Comparison in which Heechul would always lose...always...It was tempting you know, to get that much attention from someone....I became harsh...very harsh...every now and then I would break his heart saying something dreadful...I even slapped him once..I had become abusive..with words and in my actions....I could see him hurting but it was like I was blinded..I kept on throwing poisonous words on him...breaking him in pieces day by day...”

Zhou Mi sighed..It wasn’t new for him..he had heard of many cases like these...a tempting mind is a dangerous thing...he had seen happy families breaking apart because of it....

“I first thought I deserved all that happiness I was getting but when Heechul found out about it...I came to know I was always afraid about it...Him finding out about us...Him breaking up with me..I didn’t want it...I loved him..but I couldn’t let go of my temptations...That destroyed him...he wouldn’t even come in front of me, he wouldn’t talk, eat...he would lock himself in that room..God know what he was thinking all the time..I tried to talk to him..when I started to realize what I had done...but I was still confused...We were arguing about it that night when this..this happened...”Hankyung said shakily..Fighting back the tears as he remembered that horrible night...

“It was hard..seeing him like it..Lying there unconscious, hearing big medical terms now and then which would always give a bad news...But I kept on waiting..hoping that he would fight back...and he did..he did come back...but he had left himself in the darkness in between..the part of him which loved me...recognized me as his only boyfriend..Partner...Soul mate...his pabo Hannie..”He half smiled.

“I want him to remember everything..Everything...Then I can beg him and he can decide if he could forgive me....”His smile had become sad..

“Well that’s good..then we will try our best...”Zhou Mi spoke up.

“Just one thing...Why..why after 12 years?”Zhou Mi wanted to know the reason...why would Hankyung go and destroy everything he had ..he had fought to get..why?

“I don’t know myself..like I said I was blinded by his charms..special treatments..lust...!”Hankyung stated looking blank.

 “Do you blame HIM for all this?”Zhou Mi asked...

“Why shouldn’t I...He was the one who seduced me..He was the reason I treated the love of my life like a ....He was the one who came between us...blinding me...making me do all those dreadful things I did...He was the one..wasn’t he......”Hankyung voice was furious. He kept quiet for some time. Zhou Mi just waited.

“But then....I was the one who got charmed..I was the one who said those hateful words..I was the one who slapped him hard..across his beautiful face..I was the one who had become stone hearted..hurting him badly...I was the one who cheated...I was the one who was driving that car....”He continued in hoarse voice..Unable to hold back tears.

“It feels great to blame some one else..him..but as much I want to do it...I just can’t...I caused all this...I myself with my own hands flung Heechul in that darkness...He wouldn’t have been here you know ...like this..if it wasn’t for me..He thought about me even in that situation..when death was standing on door,knocking...He shouldn’t have done it..I didn’t deserve it..after what I did..I would have been more happy if I was the one lying on that bed unconscious...even dead..I don’t care...but I would have hurt him then also...because he’s just like that...couldn’t stop loving me no matter what..I don’t deserve it...his forgiveness...but I am hopeful I would get it..and we could start over...”Hankyung completed shakily..before breaking down in sobs...

Zhou Mi came to his side..placing his hand on other’s back....

“It’s going to be alright...We fill find a way to get him back from that darkness..”He said in soothing voice.

“I will help you in every manner I can..to get him back....and also to get the forgiveness....”He smiled when Hankyung looked at him with hopeful eyes.

“May be it’s not really  related to his physical health...though that brain injury play a very big part in it...but still...I think it can be emotional in a way...”Zhou Mi stated taking a seat front of Hankyung.

Hankyung looked at him confused.

“See...for almost twelve years you were the almost perfect boyfriend for him...loving him...fulfilling his every wish...pampering him sometimes...a good caring boyfriend..his Hannie...but suddenly you changed ...became harsh... insulting him, fighting with him,not caring about his breaking heart...and even slapping him...the bad heartless boyfriend....one who was NOT anything like his Hannie... “Zhou Mi tried to explain.

“May be even before the accident his mind had denied your new bad boyfriend image as his Hannie...may be he couldn’t recognize you anymore...the person he was seeing...living with... was not his loving boyfriend...his Hannie...And now when his brain is in this fragile state...his mind is playing games...may be it is trying to protect itself...It only wants to remember the good days...the good boyfriend....his Hannie...which unfortunately doesn’t coincide with your face....may be no one’s face...this good boyfriend might be actually faceless... just a good image memory of some kind...like a shadow...which is there...but ..but still everything is dark....”

“We first need to erase this good boyfriend/bad boyfriend concept from his mind...making it to stop shielding from the reality,in the fear of pain it would cost....But still it’s just my assumption...I need to talk to him first...”Zhou Mi said sighing ..

This case was quite different from his previous one’s...there was so much of emotional charge in it....mixtures of dark...complicated..emotions..!!

 


 

Thank You new Subscribers..

As always love your comments :)

@HeechulHangengLover:I used part of ur comment in Zhou Mi's theory ab Heechul's mind state :)